Who Incited Jared Loughner to commit murder? On Properly Placing Blame

Mr. Jones

Jan 21, 2009
USA
"The Democrats came out calling Jared Loughner a "right-winger" citing various violence-inciting statements made by members of the Republican media machine, also known as radio personalities, Sarah Palin etc... . The "progressos" ...er progressives... opened up their usual canned slurry claiming that the right wing rhetoric is too inflammatory for the virgin ears of the public. Some bitched that the magazine in the gun held a lot of bullets which is also to blame for the many deaths and injuries.
The Republicans, also distancing themselves from the shooter, called Loughner a "left-winger" since he listed the "Communist Manifesto" and "Mein Kampf" as favorite reads.
I heard Fox News was suggesting the shooter was an "antisemite"
Even though he is Jewish, and had the book to purposefully upset his mother.

All present politically-motivated arguments designed to harness as much propaganda gain from this tragedy as possible. While both sides pretend to disagree on just about everything in words - their actions belie agreement with the words of Rahm Emmanuel:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeA_kHHLow&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Since the propagandists feel that it is important to place blame - I'll follow their logic. So let's think about who we can blame? Who is setting the tone? Who is setting the example - the gold standard the younger generation can strive to emulate?"

American's Journey: Who Incited Jared Loughner to commit murder? On Properly Placing Blame

Who's to blame for Jared Lee Laughner's shooting rampage?

Could it be...

Jared Lee Loughner?

Nah, the media would never go with that, it's hard to stir up public outrage that will win the MSM ratings against one person... unless Jared Lee Loughner has an evil twin somewhere.

Hm...

I don't think anyone will ever know what caused him to plan and carry out that attack. Maybe it was the shouty right wing shows and posters and radio... maybe not. Maybe he was just obsessed with that congresswoman for some reason, like a stalker... maybe not. Something DID finally set him off that day, and apparently he's not talking about it. He obviously has serious mental issues, but so do a lot of other people and 99% never hurt anyone (more likely to hurt themselves). I do think (hope) that the fallout of this tragedy will work to cool all of the shouty talk shows and partisan hack "news" shows on both sides, and may bring an end to posters of states with cross hairs and congresspersons' names listed. I sure hope so. Maybe now, we can enjoy more thoughtful, intelligent and respectful discourse in the political arena - and maybe we can finally listen to each other and come up with real solutions. I'm not sure I will be holding my breath, though...

Forum List

Back