Who I'd vote for.

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Well, it's time to start thinking about electing a President of the United States. Regardless of political party, I would vote for a person who:

(1) Supported the 2nd Amendment.
(2) Would abolish the current tax code and institute a flat tax for all individuals.
(3) Would promote a Constitutional amendment requiring a balanced budget.
(4) Would promote a Constitutional amendment establishing term limits for all members of Congress.
(5) Would strictly control all borders of the U.S..
(6) Would deport all illegal aliens inside the U.S.
(7) Would repeal ObamaCare.
(8) Would for the lack of a better term, wage war on all known Street Gangs.
(9) Would reinstitute the military draft.
(10) Embrace and follow the Constitution.
(11) Would strongly support States rights.
(12) Would reduce all foreign aid by at least 50%.
(13) Would require all American owned businesses to produce at least 80% of their goods within the borders of the United States.
(14) Create a law that would make it a Federal crime to hire an illegal alien to perform any work within the United States.
(15) Create a law that would forbid the United States government from spending more money than it collected for taxes.
(16) Create a law that forbid the Treasury and IRS from issuing a tax refund for more than the amount a person has had withheld from his paycheck.
(17) Actively work to promote jobs within the United States for U.S. citizens.

This is the kind of candidate I could support for President regardless of his political party.

"regardless of his political party"? His? Why not a 'her'?

I would vote for ANY candidate who support my ideas - regardless of sex. My guess is that the next President will be a woman because it's going to take a woman to straighten out all the mess us guys have made of things...:lol:

Well, it's time to start thinking about electing a President of the United States.
Allow me to throw my hat into the ring for the privilege of your vote then.

Regardless of political party, I would vote for a person who:

(1) Supported the 2nd Amendment.
I'm a card-carrying member of the NRA. I support repeal of the Brady Act. I would introduce legislation create a national conceal carry law, a "castle doctrine" law and to limit tort abuse against firearms manufacturers. I would ensure that every judge and law enforcement official I nominated were adherents to the Second Amendment.

(2) Would abolish the current tax code and institute a flat tax for all individuals.
I would work to make turn our federal income tax into a ten percent flat tax with no loopholes, deductions or tax credits. I oppose any national sales (aka "fair") tax.

(3) Would promote a Constitutional amendment requiring a balanced budget.
I would urge Congress to pass a resolution calling for a Balanced Budget Amendment and work to elect to Congress people who support it. I oppose calls for a constitutional convention. I would use the bully pulpit powers of the presidency to urge the American people and the legislatures of the States to ratify such an amendment.

(4) Would promote a Constitutional amendment establishing term limits for all members of Congress.
See previous answer. I believe in twelve year maximums in each legislative branch (i.e. no more than two full terms for senators and six full terms for representatives.)

(5) Would strictly control all borders of the U.S.
I would use all resources at my disposal to enforce our borders and all the immigration, border and security laws already on the books. I would involve Homeland Security, the National Guard, the Coast Guard and would welcome state militias and volunteer efforts, all coordinated with a comprehensive federal response. The porosity of our borders is inexcusable and the the invasion of illegal aliens from our southern border in particular is a de facto act of war when encouraged by the Mexican government. I would use the powers of the office of the presidency to play hardball with Mexico until they demonstrated a genuine commitment to securing our border.

(6) Would deport all illegal aliens inside the U.S.
Absolutely and would request from Congress greater resources, as needed, to catch, detain and deport these criminals.

(7) Would repeal ObamaCare.
And would campaign actively against congressmen of either party who would vote against repeal. This includes supporting primary challengers within my own party and withholding funds/endorsements from same-party incumbents if they obstruct repeal.

(8) Would for the lack of a better term, wage war on all known Street Gangs.
The war on drugs must be won, not surrendered. Would work for tougher penalties on these criminals and additional resources for federal and local law enforcement who deal with them. Would use bully pulpit to encourage children to avoid gangs and seek healthier alternatives.

(9) Would reinstitute the military draft.
Not in peacetime.

(10) Embrace and follow the Constitution.
As is the job of the President of the United States.

(11) Would strongly support States rights.
I am a strong believer in the Tenth Amendment. Would attempt to swing the pendulum of federalism back to the States in areas where the federal government is constitutionally restricted from acting.

(12) Would reduce all foreign aid by at least 50%.
I am committed to the reduction of foreign aid, particularly the funding of so-called "international non-governmental agencies" (IMF, World Bank, the United Nations). I am unprepared to call for a set percent reduction, however, and would impound funds as necessary or suggest cuts to Congress on a selective case-by-case basis. Foreign aid that serves strategic purposes towards national security should not be cut, but waste, largesse or funding of anti-American interests should be eliminated completely.

(13) Would require all American owned businesses to produce at least 80% of their goods within the borders of the United States.
I oppose such a quota, however I would work to reduce federal regulation, taxes and union leverage over American businesses to the extent that the United States would once again be an attractive place for businesses to reside.

(14) Create a law that would make it a Federal crime to hire an illegal alien to perform any work within the United States.
With tougher penalties for knowingly doing so, including but not limited to jail time for management and stiff financial penalties.

(15) Create a law that would forbid the United States government from spending more money than it collected for taxes.
See my answer to the Balanced Budget Amendment question. Additionally I would veto any unbalanced budget that comes across my desk. I would impound funds to frivilous and unnecessary spending items (e.g. earmarks) if an unbalanced budget were passed over my veto.

(16) Create a law that forbid the Treasury and IRS from issuing a tax refund for more than the amount a person has had withheld from his paycheck.
This would be a part of the flat tax initiative I proposed earlier. A tax refund is just that: a refund of monies you previously paid. It is not a welfare check as our current tax code has created for too many Americans.

(17) Actively work to promote jobs within the United States for U.S. citizens.
See the answer to question 13. The key to job growth in the United States is a vibrant and burgeoning private sector. The fastest way to create this in specific terms is the introduction of legislation eliminating the capital gains tax.

This is the kind of candidate I could support for President regardless of his political party.
Thank you for your consideration.

Agree with all except the following;

8.) Actually maybe I agree, the easiest way to wage wars against street gangs is to end the drug war. The Drug War is a great thing for street gangs, terrorists, foreign drug cartels, etc.

9.) Can't express how strong I disagree with this, better to have people who are motivated to be soldiers rather than forced by government, the latter wouldn't be as good.

13.) This goes against every principle of capitalism. Just make this country business friendly and you need no government mandate.

Agree with all except the following;

8.) Actually maybe I agree, the easiest way to wage wars against street gangs is to end the drug war. The Drug War is a great thing for street gangs, terrorists, foreign drug cartels, etc.

9.) Can't express how strong I disagree with this, better to have people who are motivated to be soldiers rather than forced by government, the latter wouldn't be as good.

13.) This goes against every principle of capitalism. Just make this country business friendly and you need no government mandate.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree with number 9. I strongly believe that every member, qualified to serve, should give the country at least two years of military service. Freedom isn't free. I believe this two years should be served immediately after completion of high school and before college. However, I respect your opinion to disagree.

Forum List

Back