Who honestly doesn't belive in intelligent design?

Do you believe that...

• life came from a rock

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • life came from an intelligent designer

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
Depends. What is your definition of "evolution"?

Well, lemme google for one, k?

ev·o·lu·tion (v-lshn, v-)
n.
1. A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form. See Synonyms at development.
a. The process of developing.
b. Gradual development.
3. Biology
a. Change in the genetic composition of a population during successive generations, as a result of natural selection acting on the genetic variation among individuals, and resulting in the development of new species.
b. The historical development of a related group of organisms; phylogeny.
4. A movement that is part of a set of ordered movements.
5. Mathematics The extraction of a root of a quantity.
evolution - definition of evolution by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Yes, 1 and 2 I agree with as they are scientifically testable and proven. Number 3, however is a religion based on the hopes and dreams of those that hate the Judeo-Christian G-d and should not be mixed with science. I'm not saying that all those who follow 3 hate G-d, as many have been raised to believe that this is really science.
:cuckoo:

How can anyone not believe that information cannot come from nothing?

How can anyone belive that life came from a bubbling bath of chemicals and random chance when we know that it is impossible?

First off, evolution has nothing to do with life coming from a bubbling bath of chemicals and random chance. Secondly, evolution is not random. This seems to be a concept you can't seem to grasp. Third, the opposite of evolution is not intelligent design. There is little that is intelligent about our genes anyway. Forth, disproving the big bang or start of life in no way has anything to do with evolution.

How can anyone belive that life came from a bubbling bath of chemicals and random chance when we know that it is impossible?

First off, evolution has nothing to do with life coming from a bubbling bath of chemicals and random chance. Secondly, evolution is not random. This seems to be a concept you can't seem to grasp. Third, the opposite of evolution is not intelligent design. There is little that is intelligent about our genes anyway. Forth, disproving the big bang or start of life in no way has anything to do with evolution.

Thou dost protest too much. I never stated evolution in my OP that you just quoted yet you bring it up just to deny it.:lol:

And no, I grasp it just fine. I am asking a question that you don't seem to be able to answer. All you have done is make up a long list of excuses rather than address the question which is typical for you.

TL, how can life emerge by magic and where can I observe this phenomenon occurring today?
Why is it we live on a planet perfectly fine tuned for discovering the universe?

We don't. We can't even see much of it.

Well if you consider the construction of houses, assembly of cars, etc. magic, I don't know how to help you.

How do you know it's impossible? You can't logically use a conclusion as evidence.

Let's just say that the tooth fairy is more probable than that. ;)

how do you know its impossible??

How do you know it's impossible? You can't logically use a conclusion as evidence.

Let's just say that the tooth fairy is more probable than that. ;)

It is more likely that a disassembled watch could put itself back together than that the universe created itself.

There is no subject that has more time and energy vainly invested than man's effort to prove that his own Creator doesn't exist.

It's amusing how when man's knowledge hits a wall he propounds theory. When his theory hit a wall he calls it empirical knowledge.

~Mark

TL, how can life emerge by magic and where can I observe this phenomenon occurring today?
Why is it we live on a planet perfectly fine tuned for discovering the universe?
We don't. We can't even see much of it.

Well if you consider the construction of houses, assembly of cars, etc. magic, I don't know how to help you.
You're right! Clearly, ther must be an uber god to create god! and an uber-uber-god to create the uber-god! and an uber-uber-uber god to create the uber-uber-god ad infinitim

The diety as an every expanding set of Matroshka dolls.

Works for me.

Life is not a thing, it is a process. Conditions back then were not the same as they are now. In the days before life, the atmosphere had not oxygen. Oxygen exists as a pollutant created by proto life.

the process of life is actually chemistry going to a lower energy state from a higher energy state. Systems that don't work are replaced by those that do.

Life = matter + energy + information

If you have a computer without an OS it will turn on but sit like a useless zombie.

However, if you have a computer with an OS and applications it will do exactly what those applications have been "designed" to do. If it encounters an unknown command it will not develop a better program but give you a message saying "I don't know what the hell you are talking about" or simply crash.

New Topics

Forum List

Back