Who Here Supports a Draft?

I won't lie to you. I'm a young healthy 19 year old who has not and will not serve unless forced to. The only way I'm going to fight for the current rabble in Washington is if they issue a draft, at least then I'll feel a sense of duty.

Plus I'm in Canada studying on scholarship. I'm orignally from the Detroit area - dearborn.

Fight for the all volunteer army? Are you kidding me? I wouldn't purposefully fight for them in a million years. Why not? I thought about signing up once while visiting my cousin in Taylor, Michigan. I did research and the more I found out about the experiment that is the all volunteer army, the more it turned me off.

Secondly, are you part of the "if you haven't served, shut the hell up," crowd? Like I told someone else tonight, that line of reasoning is in lockstep with the values of the SS or the clowns running the show in North Korea.

I am totally against a draft. It would bring in people like you who have NO business in MY Army.

Stay in Canada....they like folks like you.

Shepherd,

A draft would be a terrible idea, especially in society today. If the world was on the brink of another Super-power vs. Super-power world war and the crap really hit the fan and man power was needed, the draft would be an option. But not now.

The all volunteer Army has done a great job of maintaining it's troop levels until recently, despite jacked-up political policy and money-saving agendas in the 90s. People that don't want to be in the military don't need to be there.

As far as evidence goes...if you wanted to get a job, would you take the business' mission statement as evidence of what they do? More than likely yes. The military mission statement is a primary source of evidence on this topic.

I do, 18 months military, or if conscientious objector, 18 months peace corps, only one exception marriage. Kills two birds with one stone, make yoots think of service to their country and reinforces marriage vows. :rofl:

I do, 18 months military, or if conscientious objector, 18 months peace corps, only one exception marriage. Kills two birds with one stone, make yoots think of service to their country and reinforces marriage vows. :rofl:

I don't know how we'd ever be able to legalize forcing people to serve....with our Constitution and all. I agree with it, and I think everyone should have to serve for a time...but it would be hard to navigate around the legality of it.

Prove it.

Anyone that does not agree with it's mission, thinks it is terrible at its job, and wants to swell its ranks with people who don't want to be there has no business claiming my army as their own. Sergeant Major is absolutely correct, it is not his army.

Trying to fix or change the US Military while the Commander in Chief and the rest of the clowns in DC see the military as a tool their personal use is like setting a broken leg on a patient who is not breathing...

Pointless...

-Joe

I won't lie to you. I'm a young healthy 19 year old who has not and will not serve unless forced to. The only way I'm going to fight for the current rabble in Washington is if they issue a draft, at least then I'll feel a sense of duty.

Plus I'm in Canada studying on scholarship. I'm orignally from the Detroit area - dearborn.

Fight for the all volunteer army? Are you kidding me? I wouldn't purposefully fight for them in a million years. Why not? I thought about signing up once while visiting my cousin in Taylor, Michigan. I did research and the more I found out about the experiment that is the all volunteer army, the more it turned me off.

Secondly, are you part of the "if you haven't served, shut the hell up," crowd? Like I told someone else tonight, that line of reasoning is in lockstep with the values of the SS or the clowns running the show in North Korea.

Don't worry, you're not needed. Nor are you wanted.

There are plenty of good and smart men and women out there who are eager to serve, who love their country regardless of their personal vendettas, and who would serve regardless of who is in the white house.

That's the difference between a patriot and a squab.

Anyone that does not agree with it's mission, thinks it is terrible at its job, and wants to swell its ranks with people who don't want to be there has no business claiming my army as their own. Sergeant Major is absolutely correct, it is not his army.

Wrong. The army serves at the whim of the people. At least in my country. Not sure where you live. Saudi Arabia?

Prove it.

I dont want to, I'm not going to, and you cant make me.

I've heard that crap from punk ass kids like him for over thirty years. Folks like him are not worth my time or effort except as entertainment....the sort of entertainment that becomes boring very quickly.

Okay. I don't agree with him either, I just took issue with someone stating the military only belonged to the military.

Wrong. The army serves at the whim of the people. At least in my country. Not sure where you live. Saudi Arabia?

No. The army serves at the pleasure of its commanders. It protects the people. It does not serve at the whim of the people. This statement is asisnine.

Were it that simple eh. Gee, I served for 30 years and not once did I get "elected" to the service.

Fortunately, the military does not serve at "the whim of the people". It does serve at the whim of Congress (funding) and the President (Commander in Chief). In fact, I do not recall anywhere in the US Constitution where it says the military shall serve at the whim of the people.... Maybe in your country they do; are you from France?

Were it that simple eh. Gee, I served for 30 years and not once did I get "elected" to the service.

Fortunately, the military does not serve at "the whim of the people". It does serve at the whim of Congress (funding) and the President (Commander in Chief). In fact, I do not recall anywhere in the US Constitution where it says the military shall serve at the whim of the people.... Maybe in your country they do; are you from France?

I think he means the people since congress is the collective representative of the people.

But all aside, a draft would be retarded. If you're worried about your troop levels than sure. But the only thing a draft would solve is increasing troop levels. You then have to deal with morale, discipline, your NCO and CO corps. How can you expect to control an army that doesn't want to be an army? That's why volunteer armies work. Because people choose to join.

Forum List

Back