Who here pays ZERO taxes?

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
I certainly don't. Do you guys get money taken out of your paychecks every week?

Here's what the media (left wing included) isn't telling you guys.

You know when you go to a job and you fill out the W2 forms and you declare yourself head of household, or a dependent, etc.? That basically determines the amount of "witholding", i.e. payroll tax which is a form of income tax, that someone pays. So when you get your paycheck at the end of the week, and you see the amount deducted for taxes, that's what every single working American pays. At the end of the year, you take your W2 to the accountant and show him what you've earned and what you've paid in payroll taxes. After all of the deductions and tax credits you get, most of us get a tax refund check or don't have any income tax liability. That's what Sean Hannity means about not paying any taxes.

EVERYONE pays payroll tax.

Under Obama, the amount of money you pay in payroll taxes stays the same. You earn $769.23 a week, you get 14.5% of that taken out in payroll taxes. Then you have your FICA (social security and medicare) deducted. Your net pay is $598.39 per week. Then let's say you get health insurance that costs $100 per week. So your net pay is $498.39 per week.

At the end of the year, your gross income of $40,000 goes up against tax credits and deductions. If you're single, you automatically get a $5,450 deduction and let's say you have $2000 in extra credits and deductions from using your car to drive to and from work to having a child, your new gross salary is $32,550. Under Obama, your new income tax bracket is 11.4%. So your final tax bill due to the government is $3710.70. But you've already paid $5800 in taxes to the government, so you get a tax refund of $2,089.30.

Under McCain, your tax bracket is 14.5%. So your tax bill due to the government is $4719.75. But you've already paid $5800 in taxes, so you get a tax refund of $1080.25.

Currently, under Bush, your tax bracket is 15%. So your tax bill due to the government is $4882.50. You get a tax refund under Bush of $917.50.

Many people already get a check from the IRS from the government. So all Obama is doing is increasing that check that someone in the middle class gets. This is with an average income of $40,000 a year.

Now the trickle-up theory states that the extra $2089.90 that you have in your pocket is money that you're going to spend. Under Obama you have $1172.40 than you would have under Bush. So the trickle up theory says with that $1172.40, you go out and buy new clothes. You go out and take your wife out for dinner. You go out and buy things and you spend that money on the economy. Now multiply the $2089.90 by 100 million people who earn around $40,000 a year. You're talking about over $2 trillion that people are going to spend on the economy. That's more jobs that corporations have to create, that's more supplies from other corporations that businesses have to order... that's increased demand because people have more money.

I think you need to change your name to "Double Talk Dave".

Who here pays zero Federal Taxes?

Well, if you do pay any Federal taxes, then under Obama, you'll be helping to write a check to the 40% of tax filers who pay no Federal Taxes.

In other words you will be helping to fund the biggest government welfare program of all time.

In addition to that your taxes will go up when Obama allows the Bush tax cuts to expire. Now they may go down again under Obama but when it comes to a Liberal President and Liberal Majority Congress I wouldn't be holding your breath.

And that's just the beginning 'cause Obama has also promised one trillion in new government spending.

Welcome to your Brave New World. And you're gonna need to be very, very brave. Stock up on lots of peanut butter!

I think you need to change your name to "Double Talk Dave".

Who here pays zero Federal Taxes?

What the hell do you think FICA is? Federal Insurance Contributions Act tax. Notice the word: Federal. The amount of money that is taken out of EVERYONES taxes is FEDERAL tax.

Let me repeat this so you get it straight, Paperboy. EVERYone pays FEDERAL taxes!

I pay zero taxes. In fact, I get back much more than I ever put into the system, and I'm not a property owner, so I don't have that to worry about. Though even if I were, I'd still get back more than I put in.

But it's not because they aren't taken from my check to begin with. I pay nominal taxes...but when it's tax return time I get thousands back.

I pay zero taxes. In fact, I get back much more than I ever put into the system, and I'm not a property owner, so I don't have that to worry about. Though even if I were, I'd still get back more than I put in.

You pay zero taxes? The only way you pay zero taxes is if you don't earn a paycheck.

But it's not because they aren't taken from my check to begin with. I pay nominal taxes...but when it's tax return time I get thousands back.

So which is it, do you pay zero taxes or do you nominal taxes? And how much is nominal taxes?

Anyone who drives to work pays FEDERAL taxes, folks.

Most Federal taxes we pay are hidden but they're paid, nevertheless.

There isn't a single thing this American girl does that does not involve paying taxes except for what I might do under the table

Or, nitwit, if she's claiming enough credits, she gets back more than she puts in.

That's a tax refund, that's different. She's still getting FICA taxes taken out of her paycheck. Everyone has FICA taxes taking out of their checks unless they're 1099.

That's a tax refund, that's different. She's still getting FICA taxes taken out of her paycheck. Everyone has FICA taxes taking out of their checks unless they're 1099.

No shit, but her refund is more than her FICA and Income taxes combined. It happens with millions of Americans.

No shit, but her refund is more than her FICA and Income taxes combined. It happens with millions of Americans.

Really? Who? I was a waitor for 12 years, most of them under Bush. I earned minimuim wage plus tips. I never got a tax refund bigger than what I paid in taxes and I had the best CPA in NYC.

To correct you, Dave

While the total contribution is about 14-15%, the employee contribution to Fica is 6.2% and the Medicare is about 1.5%

You employer pays the rest. So in reality only about 7.7% is actually taken out of an employee's paycheck.

It may be as she may be eligible for the EITC. For a couple of years in college I paid no net tax but my case was a little unusual, I was working full time at minimum wage +tips (technically tips are taxed…but). I also received a $1,000 education tax credit that would offset any federal gas taxes, FICA & FUTA on my “wage” earnings and the imputed interest paid to the government through the withholding / refund process.

It can be done but it requires a very rare set of circumstances and of course, I was living off about $7,000 per year so I was well below the poverty line. I also knew how to work the system to avoid taxes whenever possible.

Don’t worry taxpayers, the governments investment in my education back then is paying off now in the form of a much higher tax bill…which I happily pay as a proud American.

GigiBowman wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There isn't a single thing this American girl does that does not involve paying taxes except for what I might do under the table
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that taxing?

Forum List

Back