Who here likes

Do you like?

• Total voters
I only know 2 of your listed authors, but I didn't read any books from them.
The last subject I read about was PHP and Jquery.

The last story-type book I read was from Heinrich v. Kleist titled "Michael Kohlhaas".
It was a book I had to read in school, and Heinrich v. Kleist is a master of very very long sentences. Back in school we had to write an essay about the book as an exam, which I totally failed in (mark 5 from 1-6 where 6 is worst). I tried to immitate his long sentences. I read it recently again. Before that, I read a story about Aeneas in paperback-format, was just about 120 pages.

Honestly, none of them rings a bell as authors, and I thought I was well read. I guess years of Mathematics have dulled my literary sense.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states this has already happened.

Genius.

It's been a while since I've picked up Mencken, O'Roarke or Pratchett, but I recall having a favorable opinion at the time.

Last edited:
Honestly, none of them rings a bell as authors, and I thought I was well read. I guess years of Mathematics have dulled my literary sense.

You don't know of O'Rourke?

I thought you were a libertarian?

Forum List

Back