Who here is for/against the Carried Interest Fairness Act?

right now, the tax plan adds $2.2 trillion to the National debt...

in order to make it revenue neutral, he's gonna have to get rid of those loop holes...

BTW, this is NOT Trump's tax plan, it's Ryan's and McConnell's with some direction from Trump's Goldman Sach's guys...

It isn't anything like or even near what President Trump promised...it is merely the Republican Establishment's DREAM... it's why they decided to vote for him, they as in, the R establishment...to get their rich man's dream tax gift through...to their donors...not Trump's.

honestly, I'd rather have President Trump go with his instincts on this, as he did in the race, than push this Republican establishment plan....I think he's making a mistake to trust Ryan and McConnell on this....they already duped him once, with health care reform.... I think he may feel he owes them...but they are simply opportunists and are using him on this, imo.
How does he have any choice? When he tried to work with Dems, the liberal base went nuts...even when they got what they claimed they wanted...

[Video to be posted here...Pelosi shouted down by Dreamers]

If he's going to get tax reform done, he has to do with Republican support only. The unintended consequences of "Resist". Want someone to blame...you can start with the OP.
So what if the Dreamers screamed at nancy, she is a tough cookie and can handle it, and 'she knows what she is doing', the dreamers don't.

The Democrats would gladly work towards a tax plan that would help Americans.

First you trash him for making the promises you claimed would destroy the country, now you trash him if he doesn't keep them. Proof that you will oppose him no matter what he does. Why should anyone respect your opinions?
He mimics the Left elite upper west side millionaire media, like so many on the left. It's easier for them to allow the elites to tell them what to believe.

in order to make it revenue neutral, he's gonna have to get rid of those loop holes...

BTW, this is NOT Trump's tax plan, it's Ryan's and McConnell's with some direction from Trump's Goldman Sach's guys...

It isn't anything like or even near what President Trump promised...it is merely the Republican Establishment's DREAM... it's why they decided to vote for him, they as in, the R establishment...to get their rich man's dream tax gift through...to their donors...not Trump's.

honestly, I'd rather have President Trump go with his instincts on this, as he did in the race, than push this Republican establishment plan....I think he's making a mistake to trust Ryan and McConnell on this....they already duped him once, with health care reform.... I think he may feel he owes them...but they are simply opportunists and are using him on this, imo.
How does he have any choice? When he tried to work with Dems, the liberal base went nuts...even when they got what they claimed they wanted...

[Video to be posted here...Pelosi shouted down by Dreamers]

If he's going to get tax reform done, he has to do with Republican support only. The unintended consequences of "Resist". Want someone to blame...you can start with the OP.
So what if the Dreamers screamed at nancy, she is a tough cookie and can handle it, and 'she knows what she is doing', the dreamers don't.

The Democrats would gladly work towards a tax plan that would help Americans.

Democrats are deathly afraid of those optics...but...I for one would love to see them get in there and get their hands dirty in this process. Not Identity Politics giveaways, but actual fiscally responsible tax policies.

Every American should pay some taxes, IMO...even if it's five bucks.

Do we have a debt?
Yeah, $20 trillion. Half of it accumulated under Obama (who you praise).

Does lowering taxes...especially on Trump's cronies...help pay off that debt?
Historically, lowering taxes brings more money into the government because lowering corporate taxes creates jobs, resulting in more people paying taxes who paid NONE when they were not working. But I wouldn't expect an idiot like you to understand.
here's the thing though, corporations are wallowing in cash RIGHT NOW, yet they are not spending it.
Taxes haven't been lowered yet. It's not a done deal, they see the unprecedented effort by the Trump haters to make this President fail no matter what the cost and won't put the cart before the horse. If tax reform becomes law, you'll see the economy start to move again, something the Trump haters (both Democrats and Republicans) don't want to happen.
they've had the excess cash for over 5 years....

i think maybe the big corp tax cuts should be tied somehow to them using it or a portion of it, to creating more jobs in the USA.... they have the cash now and have had it, to do such but simply have not done so, there is no guarantee that giving them even more money on top of what they have and are already swimming in yet are not using, will produce any jobs....or raise what they pay their employees instead of fairly stagnant wages for the workers...

plus, our unemployment rate can't go too too much lower...there are not the multi millions that will be added to the work force to add taxes to the budget at this point.... though I suppose we could entice those who retired or gave up, to come back in to the workforce?

What Americans want and need are good paying jobs, a career...where wages are not stagnant and they have job security....imo
"Giving them more money"??? It's THEIR money to begin with! See, that's the problem with you wealth redistributors, you think that letting someone keep their own money somehow translates into "giving them money". Do you see the flaw in your logic yet? A tax cut isn't "giving somebody money", it's "taking a little less of THEIR money". Get it?

Historically, lowering taxes brings more money into the government because lowering corporate taxes creates jobs, resulting in more people paying taxes who paid NONE when they were not working. But I wouldn't expect an idiot like you to understand.

That bullshit "logic' has been tried from Reagan onward and it does NOT work and it can NEVER work when you have Asian countries that will manufacture whatever for 1/10 of the cost in the US.....

But fucked up morons like Trump cult members keep harping on their stupidity as long as Hannity and Jones tells them.
Dude, you're the only "fucked up moron" in this thread. You throw out anything you can think of to throw out, then pretend it actually means something. You have yet to make a cogent point to support any of the idiotic things you've said. All you've done is engage in insults. Try saying something intelligent.

How can someone forget stuff you just pulled out of your rear end?
You mean like that claptrap you posted about us "still recovering FROM Obama?" When Obama saw us through the longest economic growth in decades?

Check your meds bub.

As a candidate, Trump stated:

“....As part of [my tax] reform, we will eliminate the carried interest deduction and other special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors, and for people like me, but unfair to American workers.”

Yet, what Trump is NOW proposing, makes NO mention of his former promise.

However, there is proposed legislation that would end tax loophole for hedge fund managers and other Wall Street "gamblers".....

Should we forgo mentioning this other unfulfilled promise by Trump??

*YAWN*
9/28/2017

"The president remains committed to ending the carried interest deduction," Gary Cohn, director of the National Economic Council, said on CNBC.

Let's just wait and see what the draft legislation has to say on the matter before you start criticizing Donald Duck for breaking a campaign promise, whether the Trumpkins and the GOP Congress Critters actually remove the carried interest deduction is anybody's guess but as of right now there is no way to tell.

Ummm, it seems to me to be more of the worst of both Ryan and Trump. )-:

“....As part of [my tax] reform, we will eliminate the carried interest deduction and other special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors, and for people like me, but unfair to American workers.”

However, there is proposed legislation that would end tax loophole for hedge fund managers and other Wall Street "gamblers".....

*YAWN*
9/28/2017

"The president remains committed to ending the carried interest deduction," Gary Cohn, director of the National Economic Council, said on CNBC.

Let's just wait and see what the draft legislation has to say on the matter before you start criticizing Donald Duck for breaking a campaign promise, whether the Trumpkins and the GOP Congress Critters actually remove the carried interest deduction is anybody's guess but as of right now there is no way to tell.
It is worth noting that they would not want to start with everything in the bill in the first place - have to have something to use to sell it to the other side.

*YAWN*
9/28/2017

It is worth noting that they would not want to start with everything in the bill in the first place - have to have something to use to sell it to the other side.

Agreed, all the "Big 6" have right now is a very rough and intentionally vague "outline", IMHO for two reasons, as you said, to keep something in the back pocket to bargain with and also to avoid letting the opposition build a case against it by picking holes in every detail.

"This rule I propose,
Always have an ace in the hole. Always try to arrive at
Having an ace some place private. Always have an ace in the hole.
” ― Cole Porter

Forum List

Back