Who here is for/against the Carried Interest Fairness Act?

here's the thing though, corporations are wallowing in cash RIGHT NOW, yet they are not spending it.

Well, to be fair, they do spend some of that cash to BRIBE Congress.....

If tax reform becomes law, you'll see the economy start to move again, something the Trump haters (both Democrats and Republicans) don't want to happen.

This idiot "forgets" that under GWB's tax cuts (that were also extended by Obama) gave us the recession of 2008-2009.

Good Lord, conservatives are truly fucked up in their half brain......NOW they want to screw it up AGAIN..... Go figure....

Does it allow people to work less for the government and more for themselves?

If yes. I support.
If no. I don't.

Principles over politics
it allows them to keep more of their money and forces us to keep less of ours.

And how does allowing someone to keep more of their money force you to keep less of yours?
it keeps OUR and YOUR tax rates higher than they would have to be...

Howso? If everyone's tax rate is reduced, how does my neighbor getting a tax rate decrease make me pay more?

If tax reform becomes law, you'll see the economy start to move again, something the Trump haters (both Democrats and Republicans) don't want to happen.

This idiot "forgets" that under GWB's tax cuts (that were also extended by Obama) gave us the recession of 2008-2009.

Good Lord, conservatives are truly fucked up in their half brain......NOW they want to screw it up AGAIN..... Go figure....

How can someone forget stuff you just pulled out of your rear end?

Do we have a debt?
Yeah, $20 trillion. Half of it accumulated under Obama (who you praise).

Does lowering taxes...especially on Trump's cronies...help pay off that debt?
Historically, lowering taxes brings more money into the government because lowering corporate taxes creates jobs, resulting in more people paying taxes who paid NONE when they were not working. But I wouldn't expect an idiot like you to understand.
here's the thing though, corporations are wallowing in cash RIGHT NOW, yet they are not spending it.

So cut the corporate tax rate and give them reason to invest and spend

Well, to be fair, they do spend some of that cash to BRIBE Congress.....

When I first saw this thread my first inclination was that lobbyist would have more influence with what gets through congress than whatever Trump wishes. Call me cynical but I think that comment you made right there is the heart of things. I'm not at all pleased with how they're going about all these things with not a whole lot of chance for public comment.

How can someone forget stuff you just pulled out of your rear end?

So, GWB did NOT lower the tax rate?....and during his tenure tanked the economy?

A simple yes or no will do for simple minds like yours.

When I first saw this thread my first inclination was that lobbyist would have more influence with what gets through congress than whatever Trump wishes. Call me cynical but I think that comment you made right there is the heart of things. I'm not at all pleased with how they're going about all these things with not a whole lot of chance for public comment.

My friend, we are in the stupid opinion that Congress writes Bills......Our elected officials mostly do NOT....both the bills and the accompanying CFRs are written by the lobbyists and given for presentation to whomever they funded to get elected..

Starting to think Nat needs some psychiatric help with the way he laughs at everything

It's a form of denial.

Like most people would, it appears he struggles in the face of overwhelming evidence that people think he's a moron.

Do we have a debt?

Historically, lowering taxes brings more money into the government because lowering corporate taxes creates jobs, resulting in more people paying taxes who paid NONE when they were not working. But I wouldn't expect an idiot like you to understand.

So ?

My friend, we are in the stupid opinion that Congress writes Bills......Our elected officials mostly do NOT....both the bills and the accompanying CFRs are written by the lobbyists and given for presentation to whomever they funded to get elected..

No shit Sherlock......

Our "health care bill" was just that. And you limp-wristed morons don't get it......

You don't have any friends.

And how does allowing someone to keep more of their money force you to keep less of you're?

Stop asking moronic questions and answer these instead:

Do we have a debt?
Do we have some serious ecological payments to make to TX, FL, PR and VI?
To address the above, do we have to go further in debt?

Well, isn't this funny....you calling someone a moron.

Then you ask questions that all depend upon the cause of debt (let me refresh that useless memory in that tiny little non-functioning brain of yours.....debt generally happens when you have to borrow so you can spend more than you are taking in or have saved).

Do we have a debt?

So ?
So, giving them a bigger tax break will NOT necessarily bring more jobs for new workers that would bring in more taxes... to pay for the tax cut and make it "Revenue Neutral" and not add the $2.2 TRILLION that this tax cut is estimated to ADD to the National debt.

Last edited:
Do we have a debt?

So ?
So, giving them a bigger tax break will NOT necessarily bring more jobs, to bring in more taxes... to pay for the tax cut and make it "Revenue Neutral" and not add the $2.2 TRILLION that this tax cut is estimated to ADD to the National debt.

When you say not necessarily....you are saying probably not.

You have no way of knowing.

BTW: Since Trump was elected...my company has repurposed a lot of capital from off-shore to stay here.

Do we have a debt?

So ?
So, giving them a bigger tax break will NOT necessarily bring more jobs, to bring in more taxes... to pay for the tax cut and make it "Revenue Neutral" and not add the $2.2 TRILLION that this tax cut is estimated to ADD to the National debt.

BTW: Since Trump was elected...my company has repurposed a lot of capital from off-shore to stay here.
Not spending the boo-coos of extra cash they have on hand now, without expansion, is a tell tale sign, that they will not.

So ?

Not spending the boo-coos of extra cash they have on hand now, without expansion, is a tell tale sign, that they will not.

There is no correlation.

That they were and are (in some instances) hoarding is a fact.

What's behind it is not clear. And what will happen cannot be predicted.

So ?

There is no correlation.

That they were and are (in some instances) hoarding is a fact.

What's behind it is not clear. And what will happen cannot be predicted.
I think they should try to figure it out before congress jumps out of the frying pan and in to the fire...

return to regular order, and have hearings and for goodness sake, talk to the corporations to try to figure it out....BEFOREHAND.

right now, the tax plan adds $2.2 trillion to the National debt...

in order to make it revenue neutral, he's gonna have to get rid of those loop holes...

BTW, this is NOT Trump's tax plan, it's Ryan's and McConnell's with some direction from Trump's Goldman Sach's guys...

It isn't anything like or even near what President Trump promised...it is merely the Republican Establishment's DREAM... it's why they decided to vote for him, they as in, the R establishment...to get their rich man's dream tax gift through...to their donors...not Trump's.

honestly, I'd rather have President Trump go with his instincts on this, as he did in the race, than push this Republican establishment plan....I think he's making a mistake to trust Ryan and McConnell on this....they already duped him once, with health care reform.... I think he may feel he owes them...but they are simply opportunists and are using him on this, imo.
How does he have any choice? When he tried to work with Dems, the liberal base went nuts...even when they got what they claimed they wanted...

[Video to be posted here...Pelosi shouted down by Dreamers]

If he's going to get tax reform done, he has to do with Republican support only. The unintended consequences of "Resist". Want someone to blame...you can start with the OP.

Forum List

Back