Who here is for/against the Carried Interest Fairness Act?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nat4900, Sep 29, 2017.

1. nat4900

nat4900 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,735
    As a candidate, Trump stated:

“....As part of [my tax] reform, we will eliminate the carried interest deduction and other special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors, and for people like me, but unfair to American workers.”

Yet, what Trump is NOW proposing, makes NO mention of his former promise.

However, there is proposed legislation that would end tax loophole for hedge fund managers and other Wall Street "gamblers".....

Should we forgo mentioning this other unfulfilled promise by Trump??

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. S.J.

S.J. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,602
    First you trash him for making the promises you claimed would destroy the country, now you trash him if he doesn't keep them. Proof that you will oppose him no matter what he does. Why should anyone respect your opinions?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. nat4900

nat4900 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,735
    What a fucked up LAME "defense' of the orange clown.....One thing that Trump DID say rings very true......Morons, like you, would excuse the charlatan for shooting someone on NYC's Fifth Avenue.....Just keep bending over for trump....by now you kind of "like it."

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. S.J.

S.J. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,602
    I'm not defending him, I'm pointing out the fact that you're a hack not to be taken seriously. And your response proves my point.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. my2¢

my2¢ So it goes. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,766
    Regarding the Carried Interest Fairness Act, it definitely isn't something that'll have me out on the ledge of a building if it doesn't go my way. Come to think of it, I have no way in its regard.

6. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,584
    right now, the tax plan adds $2.2 trillion to the National debt...

in order to make it revenue neutral, he's gonna have to get rid of those loop holes...

BTW, this is NOT Trump's tax plan, it's Ryan's and McConnell's with some direction from Trump's Goldman Sach's guys...

It isn't anything like or even near what President Trump promised...it is merely the Republican Establishment's DREAM... it's why they decided to vote for him, they as in, the R establishment...to get their rich man's dream tax gift through...to their donors...not Trump's.

honestly, I'd rather have President Trump go with his instincts on this, as he did in the race, than push this Republican establishment plan....I think he's making a mistake to trust Ryan and McConnell on this....they already duped him once, with health care reform.... I think he may feel he owes them...but they are simply opportunists and are using him on this, imo.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,824
    Does it allow people to work less for the government and more for themselves?

If yes. I support.
    If no. I don't.

Principles over politics

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. boilermaker55

boilermaker55 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,212
    Private equity funds managed $3.8 trillion in 2014, a massive increase over the $100 billion managed in 1994. They use their capital to buy companies and improve the operations, governance, capital structure, and strategic positions of the companies. Then they sell the companies and pass any profits to the general and limited partners.
    Many commentators argue that it would be fairer and more efficient economically for carried interest to be taxed like wage and salary income, which is subject to a top rate of 43.4 percent (39.6 percent plus 3.8 percent). They draw an analogy between the general partners and investment bankers, who pay tax at ordinary rates on their wages, salaries, and bonuses. They also object that most service providers are not able to treat their income as capital gains. Some of these commentators add, if we treat carried interest like wage and salary income for the general partners, we ought to allow ordinary deductions for these payments to the other investors.
    Once again, the system is rigged in favor of the top 1%.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,584
    it allows them to keep more of their money and forces us to keep less of ours.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. nat4900

nat4900 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,735

No, nitwit....the thread is NOT about me or my failings.....The thread for your ilk is about Trump being a fucked up LIAR and the sooner you scum buckets who voted for him realize it, the sooner you'll join the sane population.....(that is, if you finally choose to abandon the Trump CULT.)

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1