Who here is for/against the Carried Interest Fairness Act?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
As a candidate, Trump stated:

“....As part of [my tax] reform, we will eliminate the carried interest deduction and other special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors, and for people like me, but unfair to American workers.”

Yet, what Trump is NOW proposing, makes NO mention of his former promise.

However, there is proposed legislation that would end tax loophole for hedge fund managers and other Wall Street "gamblers".....

Should we forgo mentioning this other unfulfilled promise by Trump??

First you trash him for making the promises you claimed would destroy the country, now you trash him if he doesn't keep them. Proof that you will oppose him no matter what he does. Why should anyone respect your opinions?

• Banned
First you trash him for making the promises you claimed would destroy the country, now you trash him if he doesn't keep them. Proof that you will oppose him no matter what he does. Why should anyone respect your opinions?

What a fucked up LAME "defense' of the orange clown.....One thing that Trump DID say rings very true......Morons, like you, would excuse the charlatan for shooting someone on NYC's Fifth Avenue.....Just keep bending over for trump....by now you kind of "like it."

What a fucked up LAME "defense' of the orange clown.....One thing that Trump DID say rings very true......Morons, like you, would excuse the charlatan for shooting someone on NYC's Fifth Avenue.....Just keep bending over for trump....by now you kind of "like it."
I'm not defending him, I'm pointing out the fact that you're a hack not to be taken seriously. And your response proves my point.

Regarding the Carried Interest Fairness Act, it definitely isn't something that'll have me out on the ledge of a building if it doesn't go my way. Come to think of it, I have no way in its regard.

right now, the tax plan adds $2.2 trillion to the National debt...

in order to make it revenue neutral, he's gonna have to get rid of those loop holes...

BTW, this is NOT Trump's tax plan, it's Ryan's and McConnell's with some direction from Trump's Goldman Sach's guys...

It isn't anything like or even near what President Trump promised...it is merely the Republican Establishment's DREAM... it's why they decided to vote for him, they as in, the R establishment...to get their rich man's dream tax gift through...to their donors...not Trump's.

honestly, I'd rather have President Trump go with his instincts on this, as he did in the race, than push this Republican establishment plan....I think he's making a mistake to trust Ryan and McConnell on this....they already duped him once, with health care reform.... I think he may feel he owes them...but they are simply opportunists and are using him on this, imo.

Does it allow people to work less for the government and more for themselves?

If yes. I support.
If no. I don't.

Principles over politics

Private equity funds managed $3.8 trillion in 2014, a massive increase over the $100 billion managed in 1994. They use their capital to buy companies and improve the operations, governance, capital structure, and strategic positions of the companies. Then they sell the companies and pass any profits to the general and limited partners.
Many commentators argue that it would be fairer and more efficient economically for carried interest to be taxed like wage and salary income, which is subject to a top rate of 43.4 percent (39.6 percent plus 3.8 percent). They draw an analogy between the general partners and investment bankers, who pay tax at ordinary rates on their wages, salaries, and bonuses. They also object that most service providers are not able to treat their income as capital gains. Some of these commentators add, if we treat carried interest like wage and salary income for the general partners, we ought to allow ordinary deductions for these payments to the other investors.
Once again, the system is rigged in favor of the top 1%.

I'm not defending him, I'm pointing out the fact that you're a hack not to be taken seriously. And your response proves my point.

No, nitwit....the thread is NOT about me or my failings.....The thread for your ilk is about Trump being a fucked up LIAR and the sooner you scum buckets who voted for him realize it, the sooner you'll join the sane population.....(that is, if you finally choose to abandon the Trump CULT.)

Does it allow people to work less for the government and more for themselves?

If yes. I support.
If no. I don't.

Principles over politics
it allows them to keep more of their money and forces us to keep less of ours.

And how does allowing someone to keep more of their money force you to keep less of yours?

And how does allowing someone to keep more of their money force you to keep less of you're?

Stop asking moronic questions and answer these instead:

Do we have a debt?
Does lowering taxes...especially on Trump's cronies...help pay off that debt?
Do we have some serious ecological payments to make to TX, FL, PR and VI?
To address the above, do we have to go further in debt?

Starting to think Nat needs some psychiatric help with the way he laughs at everything

And how does allowing someone to keep more of their money force you to keep less of you're?

Stop asking moronic questions and answer these instead:

Do we have a debt?
Do we have some serious ecological payments to make to TX, FL, PR and VI?
To address the above, do we have to go further in debt?

We do have debt

Jump starting the economy helps us increase revenues and pay off debt.

The other thing that will help is cutting spending.

Funny how you oppose both methods to eliminate the debt that you are suddenly concerned about.

You also oppose ending illegal immigration that costs our tax money on entitlements, healthcare, education, law enforcements etc.

You also oppose repealing Obamacare which is draining our tax revenue.

So you are completely disingenuous pretending you care about the debt.

Even if you were, letting you keep more of your money doesn't force you to lose money.

The American people are still in a recovery from Obama. We need every dollar we can to get by. If you don't want your tax cut, fine. Give it to charity and do something good with it.

But that may require you to actually do something with your resources rather than telling a bureaucrat to do something with someone else's.

Do we have a debt?
Yeah, $20 trillion. Half of it accumulated under Obama (who you praise).

Historically, lowering taxes brings more money into the government because lowering corporate taxes creates jobs, resulting in more people paying taxes who paid NONE when they were not working. But I wouldn't expect an idiot like you to understand.

Do we have a debt?

Historically, lowering taxes brings more money into the government because lowering corporate taxes creates jobs, resulting in more people paying taxes who paid NONE when they were not working. But I wouldn't expect an idiot like you to understand.
here's the thing though, corporations are wallowing in cash RIGHT NOW, yet they are not spending it.

Do we have a debt?

here's the thing though, corporations are wallowing in cash RIGHT NOW, yet they are not spending it.
Taxes haven't been lowered yet. It's not a done deal, they see the unprecedented effort by the Trump haters to make this President fail no matter what the cost and won't put the cart before the horse. If tax reform becomes law, you'll see the economy start to move again, something the Trump haters (both Democrats and Republicans) don't want to happen.

Do we have a debt?

Taxes haven't been lowered yet. It's not a done deal, they see the unprecedented effort by the Trump haters to make this President fail no matter what the cost and won't put the cart before the horse. If tax reform becomes law, you'll see the economy start to move again, something the Trump haters (both Democrats and Republicans) don't want to happen.
they've had the excess cash for over 5 years....

i think maybe the big corp tax cuts should be tied somehow to them using it or a portion of it, to creating more jobs in the USA.... they have the cash now and have had it, to do such but simply have not done so, there is no guarantee that giving them even more money on top of what they have and are already swimming in yet are not using, will produce any jobs....or raise what they pay their employees instead of fairly stagnant wages for the workers...

plus, our unemployment rate can't go too too much lower...there are not the multi millions that will be added to the work force to add taxes to the budget at this point.... though I suppose we could entice those who retired or gave up, to come back in to the workforce?

What Americans want and need are good paying jobs, a career...where wages are not stagnant and they have job security....imo

That bullshit "logic' has been tried from Reagan onward and it does NOT work and it can NEVER work when you have Asian countries that will manufacture whatever for 1/10 of the cost in the US.....

But fucked up morons like Trump cult members keep harping on their stupidity as long as Hannity and Jones tells them.

Forum List

Back