Who here has had chickenpox?

I'm guessing Shingles is something you would be genetically predisposed towards which would be good news for me as I don't know anyone in my family who has had it.

I personally don't believe in vaccines. I've never had a flu shot, shingles or anything other than a Tetanus shot in the last 30 years.
I never had a flu shot until I started working at a hospital 13 years ago. I’ve since been tested and vaccinated for all sorts of stuff. lol

I will say that despite me entering many restricted rooms of known flu patients, I’ve never had the flu.
I’ll never know if I should credit the vaccine or the precautions we take.

Yes to chixpox. No to shingles.

My sister was given the shingles shot, and it actually gave her the shingles. She wishes she never had the shot.
I’ve heard people say that about the flu vaccine. Every medical person I’ve talked with says it’s BS.

I’ll be getting the shots. :)

That is okay if you do. It is not BS that my sister got shingles directly after getting the shot. The reason she got the shot is because she was dealing with breast cancer, which somehow had set off shingles (probably the stress from it). She wanted to stop from getting shingles anymore.
Her doctor said the shot set her off with shingles.

My sister was given the shingles shot, and it actually gave her the shingles. She wishes she never had the shot.
I’ve heard people say that about the flu vaccine. Every medical person I’ve talked with says it’s BS.

That is okay if you do. It is not BS that my sister got shingles directly after getting the shot. The reason she got the shot is because she was dealing with breast cancer, which somehow had set off shingles (probably the stress from it). She wanted to stop from getting shingles anymore.
Sorry to hear that.

Would that experience encourage you to dissuade others from getting the vaccination?

Sorry to hear that.

Would that experience encourage you to dissuade others from getting the vaccination?

No. I think people can make up their own minds. :)

Sorry to hear that.

:)

I am a little concerned about the likelihood of having flu-like symptoms.
The GF knows I’m a big baby when I’m not feeling 100%, but is ready to cater to my every whim. lol

Seems like she was already at a weaken condition.

I suspect if she was about to have an outbreak of shingles again right when she had her shot, the vaccination would not prevent the outbreak and may even appear that it caused it.

Seems like she was already at a weaken condition.

I suspect if she was about to have an outbreak of shingles again right when she had her shot, the vaccination would not prevent the outbreak and may even appear that it caused it.

Anything is possible of course.

Sorry to hear that.

:)

I am a little concerned about the likelihood of having flu-like symptoms.
The GF knows I’m a big baby when I’m not feeling 100%, but is ready to cater to my every whim. lol

Not sure you would get flu-like symptoms or not. If you were to get shingles it can make you feel that way though.

Did you know it can lead to shingles later in life? I didn’t.
Get yer shingles shot. I have had it before (shingles). Not fun, but not as bad as some get. Still....after I got the shot, a year or so later, I got shingles again but it was like 3 mosquito bites instead of what I had the first time.

The shot works. Won't stop you from getting the rash again, but it will make it LESS than what you would normally get.

Forum List

Back