Who have you seen/want to see in concert? Met in Person? ~ Damn I missed a Prince concert

Herman's Hermits
Simon & Garfunkel in the 60's and again during their reunion tour in the 80's.
The Who
Eric Clapton
Roger Waters
Neil Young

I'm pretty laid back and was usually too broke to get concert tickets.

That is a good lineup of concerts you got to see as a broke youngin...Differently a 60's lineup.. My older sister went to see Herman Hermits...good 60's band.

I'm SOOO jealous you got to meet Gracie Slick. I even named a cat after her.

Its more like a bunch of loaded bodies in Mels back house getting stoned that I met, and them walking by the snack bar..lol..

Boy, that's asking a lot form an old dude. Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, The Doors, Hendrix, The Who (many, many, many times), Pink Floyd with and without Syd, Mike Oldfield, Linda Ronstadt, The Eagles with and without Joe Walsh, The Guess Who, The Hollies, Mama's and the Papa's (I actually dated MP for a bit), Fleetwood Mac before and with Buckingham/Nicks, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, Traffic, James Gang, David Bowie, SRV, Led Zeppelin, Allman Brothers, Kansas, Ray Charles, Fats Domino, and Annie Lennox, off the top of my head.

You have a 1950's -1970's line up there...NICE! :bow2:....You lived through all of that and still have a brain to talk about it...lol...:lol:

1. Tell us more about dating someone in the Mama's and the Papa's

2. Ritchie Valens, and Buddy Holly ...died in pre-1960's flying out of Duluth right? So you started going to concerts in the 1950's...super cool..

You saw Pink Floyd with Syd...another..:bow3::bowdown:

Ray Charles and Fats Domino both pre-1960's?

I met Frank Zappa and Bryan Ferry. My claims to fame other than getting drunk with Joannie from Happy Days.

Boy, that's asking a lot form an old dude. Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, The Doors, Hendrix, The Who (many, many, many times), Pink Floyd with and without Syd, Mike Oldfield, Linda Ronstadt, The Eagles with and without Joe Walsh, The Guess Who, The Hollies, Mama's and the Papa's (I actually dated MP for a bit), Fleetwood Mac before and with Buckingham/Nicks, John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers, Traffic, James Gang, David Bowie, SRV, Led Zeppelin, Allman Brothers, Kansas, Ray Charles, Fats Domino, and Annie Lennox, off the top of my head.

You have a 1950's -1970's line up there...NICE! :bow2:....You lived through all of that and still have a brain to talk about it...lol...:lol:

1. Tell us more about dating someone in the Mama's and the Papa's

2. Ritchie Valens, and Buddy Holly ...died in pre-1960's flying out of Duluth right? So you started going to concerts in the 1950's...super cool..

You saw Pink Floyd with Syd...another..:bow3::bowdown:

Ray Charles and Fats Domino both pre-1960's?

It was Michelle and it was after she broke up with Dennis. We met on the beach and hung out for a few weeks. I wasn't "fast" enough for her though.:crybaby: I do still have some nudes of her I took though, but those will be buried with me!! Yes, like I said, I'm a geezer. My first concert was a Valens performance in the San Fernando valley in 1957. I think i was 14 or 15. Something like that. I saw Floyd in 1968 in London when I was presenting a paper at the Geological Society, my first official gig! The woman I was with took me to the show. I was completely blown away. I had never seen anything like it.

I saw Ray in 1965 or 66, can't remember for sure, and Fats in 1957 when he played a gig in Los Angeles at Zardis Jazzland just before it closed up shop. I had to sneak into that show!

I went to Oz fest once years ago (my friend and I sneaked in though - LOL). That's about it. I've never actually met a famous person. I don't think I've ever even seen a real celebrity in real life. I'm sheltered. :D

Forum List

Back