Who has the right to your money?

I mean personally. Consider your paycheck every week/two weeks/month.

Who has a right to use that money the way they want, without your say or control? Is this right in your mind? Why yes or no?

The government?
The Church?
Your neighbor?
Your friends?
Total Strangers?
A business?

I'm curious to see who has what to say on that subject when it comes to their personal finance.

Unless you reject the legitimacy of the Constitution, and all of the laws that flow from it and are upheld by it,

then, for example, if you choose to earn an income in this country, the government has a right to a portion of it.

If you choose to make certain transactions that are taxed, the government has the right to those taxes.

I mean personally. Consider your paycheck every week/two weeks/month.

Who has a right to use that money the way they want, without your say or control? Is this right in your mind? Why yes or no?

The government?
The Church?
Your neighbor?
Your friends?
Total Strangers?
A business?

I'm curious to see who has what to say on that subject when it comes to their personal finance.
Currently ? Bank of Chile is my master and allows me my money on a bi-weekly basis. I trade that around for whatever seems reasonable. Currently the monetary paper of The Great Satan and/or Costa Rican Colones.Chilean pesos are hard to use outside of Chile-Argentina or Miami.Ecuador is on the dollar and Panamas (Balboa) is pegged to the dollar.
I pay my guys in Nicaragua murkin money. They have no problem with it.
Unfortunately, it is still the real global currency.I can not think of anywhere you can't whip out a $20 murkin greenie to purchase whatever you want ? Maybe Venezuela or Iran ?
Cuba accepts Bolivars, Dollars, Euros and Cordobas.The Euro was cute while it lasted............I made the bank on that farce.:cool:

Lets face it. Fake money is a privilege. You're at "their" mercy.
Real estate is another movie.

Last edited:
Well,

Without putting a lot of thought into it, I'd say that this WAS the purpose of the GENERAL WELFARE clause.

Essentially, it says the federal government can come get enough money to perform the functions for which it was chartered. The lack of this power was the cause of Shay's rebellion (spelling ?) and the downfall of the Articles of Confederation. The government had to have some teeth in a limited sphere.

As to Garbage collection...(which if DaGoose was standing beside the road...I am sure he'd get picked up)...ours is done privately. So, no they don't get money for that. We pay local municipalities to do some functions. And in some cases, you do get to opt out. If you chose not to pay for fire protection and your house catches on fire, it burns (unless you and your neighbors can put it out....which in the case of small towns...they do).

So, it isn't so cut and dried.

And asking who has the "right" to your money is a poor choise of words.

It is more like "What are you obligated to pay the government to do and how is that regulated". You can choose not to pay taxes and there is a penalty for doing that.

Forum List

Back