Who Has a More Annoying Verbal Tic?

Macs blinking was setting all kinds of speed records.. I thought I was looking at one of those comcast cable high speed test commercials..

Mccain's lip slurp makes me gag every time he does it.

the My friends thing is just amusing and I don't find that Obama uh's that much

I bet Obama has been working on the uhs, I noticed he does it less now.

I bet Obama has been working on the uhs, I noticed he does it less now.

I didn't hear "My Friends" once yesterday.

And McCain lost this debate the same way Gore lost. Even though Gore won on substance, the rolling of the eyes cost him in public opinion polls.

And I'm not saying McCain was better on substance. I'm just saying he looked like an angry bitter old man on those split screens when Obama was talking.

And while McCain was making those faces, the lines on that CNN thing where they show how undecided Ohio voters were feeling about what they were hearing, were going up to the top of the charts. So what we liked about Obama's comments were really bothering McCain.

Of course you do. You are a right winger:eusa_liar:

you realize that he's saying My Friends is the more annoying of the two right?

sealy, I know you're a liberal and I know we're supposedly on the same side but damn you're an annoying fuck!

Why is every comment from you an insult or an attack? can't you just for once be normal?

You know, people can't really help the way they look. And as we get older, we really have less control over our appearance.

Obama's easy to watch, he always has been. He has a nice voice. Those are traits he was born with. He's young, which means he doesn't have miles on his face, and hasn't the physical wear and tear that McCain has.

But I was reassured by the expressiveness of McCain. He looked as though he knew what was being said, as if he had his own take on it, and that is what I want. I don't want some idiot who simply has prepared a response to every possible topic ahead of time. I want someone who can think and react on his feet, who has knowledge which goes BEYOND memorization.

I don't think it's a valid comparison to compare the physical stance and attitude of two men who are so divergent in background and age. McCain didn't look angry or old to me. I did notice Obama's approval rating increased every time he agreed with McCain, though.

I enjoyed watching McCain's face turn different colors as he struggled to keep his temper under control. They eye rolling and gasping were just a bonus.

You know, people can't really help the way they look. And as we get older, we really have less control over our appearance.

Obama's easy to watch, he always has been. He has a nice voice. Those are traits he was born with. He's young, which means he doesn't have miles on his face, and hasn't the physical wear and tear that McCain has.

But I was reassured by the expressiveness of McCain. He looked as though he knew what was being said, as if he had his own take on it, and that is what I want. I don't want some idiot who simply has prepared a response to every possible topic ahead of time. I want someone who can think and react on his feet, who has knowledge which goes BEYOND memorization.

I don't think it's a valid comparison to compare the physical stance and attitude of two men who are so divergent in background and age. McCain didn't look angry or old to me. I did notice Obama's approval rating increased every time he agreed with McCain, though.

I kind of see what you're saying but McCain's grimace on his face makes him look angry and mean. His eye rolling and constant blinking make him look irritated and out of sorts.

Obama is a natural speaker, that's undeniable. He has a charisma and charm about him that allows the audience to be at ease watching him. That is something we've been missing these last 8 years IMO.

As for Obama's approval ratings going up when he agrees with McCain, that's because the country is tried of our politicans being so damn disagreeable with each other. I think it bodes well for Obama that he's able to acknowledge the areas which he agrees with McCain on while highlighting those he does not.

In the event that McCain wins, his behavior throughout this campaign has alienated many on the Democratic side. How does he expect he'll be able to mend those fences and work in unison with the other side?

Obama IMO hasn't gone so far as to make it seem hypocritical to reach out to McCain and other Republicans if in fact he wins this election.

Obama has attacked McCain's policies and record, he's never attacked the man himself and that's a huge difference between the two IMO.

He hasn't attacked the man because he hopes in avoiding that area he won't be attacked himself for the things he really doesn't want to own up to.

It just doesn't work that way.

Also, McCain doesn't have the record that Obama has for hanging with the wrong crowd.

you realize that he's saying My Friends is the more annoying of the two right?

sealy, I know you're a liberal and I know we're supposedly on the same side but damn you're an annoying fuck!

Why is every comment from you an insult or an attack? can't you just for once be normal?

He really is... and yes, he totally missed Del's point.

Great points ! I think because of McCain's puffy cheek where he had skin cancer surgery it probably does make him look stiff, but he did good last night, as good as McCain can I dont think he won by any means, but I think he held himself well.

He also looks stiff and uncomfortable but he always looks that way, and it's because of past injuries and probably arthritis and the whole 9 yards.

Obama looks comfortable and mellow because he's younger and doesn't have miles on his face, because he's not had physical trauma to his body, because he's younger, and because, I think, he just doesn't have the wherewithal to react candidly to the information he's getting.

I know I wouldn't be comfortable sitting at a desk with lights in my face for 90 minutes. My back would kill me, my neck would hurt, my eyes would water, I'd blink, I'd probably sweat and I'm fairly certain my tailbone would ache (old blading injury at one of my kids' birthday parties. Ouch.) which would cause me to shift in my seat.

Big whoop.

He also looks stiff and uncomfortable but he always looks that way, and it's because of past injuries and probably arthritis and the whole 9 yards.

Obama looks comfortable and mellow because he's younger and doesn't have miles on his face, because he's not had physical trauma to his body, because he's younger, and because, I think, he just doesn't have the wherewithal to react candidly to the information he's getting.

I agree with everything you said again great points .

Forum List

Back