Who goes to #1?

They lost to Arkansas last night. Of course, they just fired their OC the day before, so I'm sure things were still confusing. By the time they play Bama, they could have things under wraps. Still, I don't think you have much to worry about. Even when they were playing well yesterday, they didn't look good.

Plus, I think Petrino really wanted that win.

Its the nature of the rivalry. The only required win on the schedule for both schools every year is the Iron Bowl. No matter what, you bring your A game to that one.

GATORS #5 BABY!!!!!

Looking like we may have a shot. The 4 teams ahead of us still have some tough games.

- Texas still have to play Missouri, Texas Tech and Kansas.

- Bama plays in the SEC and will have a war in virtually every game.

- Penn State still have Ohio State and Michigan.

- Oklahoma still have to play Kansas and Nebraska.

Alabama will not win out in the SEC and Penn State will not get past Ohio State. That leaves Texas and Oklahoma. I can see a loss from one of those teams considering the teams involved and letting my Gators in the backdoor.

Last edited:
GATORS #5 BABY!!!!!

Alabama will not win out in the SEC and Penn State will not get past Ohio State. That leaves Texas and Oklahoma. I can see a loss from one of those teams considering the teams involved and letting my Gators in the backdoor.

You must be high (oh, wait a minute :redface:) if you think Penn State won't win the BIG 10 outright, Ohio State's not that great this year, and Michigan sucks.

Penn State will REPRESENT the BIG 10 in the National Championship, and Joe Pa can retire in style after winning it all . :cool:

GATORS #5 BABY!!!!!

Looking like we may have a shot. The 4 teams ahead of us still have some tough games.

You are assuming that Florida wins out from here. You still have to face UGA and Vandy. You are also forgetting that Florida will have to face BAMA in Atlanta for your hopes to be fulfilled. Your backdoor in goes through BAMA. Good luck with that.

ROLL TIDE

You are assuming that Florida, wins out from here.

We'll win a close one against Kentucky, scrape out a nail-biter against Georgia in the Swamp, go to Vandy and beat them like Ike did Tina, give Spurrier a rude homecoming at the Swamp, smack Citadel off the planet and absolutely obliterate our arch rivals, FSU in the finale.

Then we'll face off against the Shit Tide in the big dance and have our way with you...if you make it. LSU could still take the West.

ROLL TIDE

They'll roll alright, right down the toilet. Watch out for the brown streaks.

Last edited:
GATORS #5 BABY!!!!!

2 words

fight. on.

Missouri will be their only challenge. Texas Tech had to go into OT to beat Nebraska. Sad.

Their schedule is actually pretty light, except for LSU. Tennessee's pretty weak this year, and Auburn's struggling to get a good offense going. With a defense like Bama's, Auburn will have a tough time.

Ohio St is mediocre. Michigan is plain laughable.

Kansas should be an easy win. Nebraska will be like the Dallas Cowboys against the local high school.

We'll win a close one against Kentucky, scrape out a nail-biter against Georgia in the Swamp, go to Vandy and beat them like Ike did Tina, give Spurrier a rude homecoming at the Swamp, smack Citadel off the planet and absolutely obliterate our arch rivals, FSU in the finale.

Then we'll face off against the Shit Tide in the big dance and have our way with you...if you make it. LSU could still take the West.

They'll roll alright, right down the toilet. Watch out for the brown streaks.

Spoken just like Gators fan. Arrogant, delusional and clueless. First, Georgia isn't coming to the Swamp. They never do. That gam takes place in Jacksonville.

Second, for Christ sake, you lost to Ole Miss. Our defense is slightly better than theirs.

Third, anyone who doesn't respect Vandy doesn't watch SEC football. They are giant killers. In a normal year they may only win 3 games, but at least one of those wins is a spoiler. This year they are ranked. If you can't beat Ole Miss in the Swamp, then what are you gonna do with a psyched up Vandy team at home.

Get yourself some new drugs. The ones you are on are effecting your judgement.

I don't agree with it, but I was wrong. It makes sense, but BAMA should have moved up. Who has Texas played before this game? BAMA has taken down two top ten teams. They should have been #1. I would say this about any team that had beat two top ten teams to get to where they are. Texas is a great team, but BAMA got ignored here.

Doesn't matter who they played; however, they already were #5 and beat #1. I'm not surprised.

Nor will I be when they lose it just as quickly to some scrub.:lol:

You're kidding, right? I think you might be living in the past a bit if you think that.

Stack the Big 12 against the SEC, top to bottom, best to worst and see how the Big 12 comes out. The only league tougher than the SEC is the NFL.

Stack the Big 12 against the SEC, top to bottom, best to worst and see how the Big 12 comes out. The only league tougher than the SEC is the NFL.

Again, any other year, I'd agree with you. This year, I don't. The Big 12 has 6 teams that could potentially beat any team in the SEC (Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State). I'm not saying these six teams WOULD beat any SEC team, I think they COULD. There's only two teams in the SEC that I think match up to the Big 12 right now, and that's Alabama and Florida. Arguably, maybe Georgia. Even Alabama looked weak in their last outting.

I love the Hogs. I love the SEC. I think it's by far the best conference in history. This year, it just doesn't match up. Sorry.

Forum List

Back