2. Alabama
3. Penn State
4. Oklahoma
5. USC
6. BYU
7. Texas Tech
8. Florida
9. Missouri
10. Georgia (LSU will be 11 or 12 I think)

New polls:

AP Top 25
Sun Oct 12, 2008
1. Texas
2. Alabama
3. Penn St.
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida
6. USC
7. Texas Tech
8. Oklahoma St.
9. BYU
10. Georgia

USA Today
Sun Oct 12, 2008
1. Texas
2. Alabama
3. Penn St.
4. USC
5. Texas Tech
6. Oklahoma
7. Florida
8. BYU
9. Georgia
10. Oklahoma St.

It's already happened. AP and USA Today Have Texas #1, Bama #2. Given the teams that went down yesterday, it makes sense.

I don't agree with it, but I was wrong. It makes sense, but BAMA should have moved up. Who has Texas played before this game? BAMA has taken down two top ten teams. They should have been #1. I would say this about any team that had beat two top ten teams to get to where they are. Texas is a great team, but BAMA got ignored here.

I don't agree with it, but I was wrong. It makes sense, but BAMA should have moved up. Who has Texas played before this game? BAMA has taken down two top ten teams. They should have been #1. I would say this about any team that had beat two top ten teams to get to where they are. Texas is a great team, but BAMA got ignored here.
#2 does not mean you're ignored. I think you're overreacting. Texas beat the #1 team by 10. You barely beat Kentucky. So I could see how some would think Texas gets the leapfrog. Had you beaten Kentucky in the manner you should have and beaten them by 21, you'd be #1.

#2 does not mean you're ignored. I think you're overreacting. Texas beat the #1 team by 10. You barely beat Kentucky. So I could see how some would think Texas gets the leapfrog. Had you beaten Kentucky in the manner you should have and beaten them by 21, you'd be #1.

I'm not knocking Texas, but BAMA had to beat a top ten ranked Clemson team and a top five ranked Georigia team on the road in order to get to #2. Did Texas even face a ranked team before yesterday?

Guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree. Good luck against Missouri.

Last edited:
How the fuck did Florida jump to #5? I'm also not surprised Oklahoma is #4. I called them at #5, but eh...Texas Tech had to go into OT to beat a 3-2 Nebraska team. I think both polls got the Top 3 right.

I'm knocking Texas, but BAMA had to beat a top ten ranked Clemson team and a top five ranked Georigia team on the road in order to get to #2. Did Texas even face a ranked team before yesterday?

Guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree. Good luck against Missouri.

Clemson is now 3-3. Georgia hasn't beaten a single ranked team.

So? They were ranked when we beat them.

It was a preseason ranking, which generally mean nothing. Even Arkansas had top 25 votes preseason. So did Michigan. Wisconsin was #13 preseason, and now they're 3-3.

I understand your frustration. I'm just trying to help you understand why Texas deserves it over Alabama. Alabama's last game was a lackluster showing against a horrible Kentucky team. Texas's last game was a spectacular shootout against arguably the second best team in the country.

If Alabama had played this week, even against a weak opponent, they may have moved up. The bye week hurt them. I remember last year Tebow took over the Heisman standings during Arkansas' off week. It was frustrating, but it happens.

It was a preseason ranking, which generally mean nothing. Even Arkansas had top 25 votes preseason. So did Michigan. Wisconsin was #13 preseason, and now they're 3-3.

I understand your frustration. I'm just trying to help you understand why Texas deserves it over Alabama. Alabama's last game was a lackluster showing against a horrible Kentucky team. Texas's last game was a spectacular shootout against arguably the second best team in the country.

If Alabama had played this week, even against a weak opponent, they may have moved up. The bye week hurt them. I remember last year Tebow took over the Heisman standings during Arkansas' off week. It was frustrating, but it happens.

I just don't get any Big 12 team leapfrogging any SEC team. There is something inherently wrong there. But I digress.

I just don't get any Big 12 team leapfrogging any SEC team. There is something inherently wrong there. But I digress.

Any other year, I'd agree. But this year, I think the Big 12 is the dominant conference. I think Texas and Oklahoma can beat any team in the SEC. I think Missouri and Oklahoma St could beat almost any team in the SEC. Even our best teams, Alabama and Florida, aren't looking so hot right now. Florida played well against LSU, but they lost to Ole Miss for Christ's sakes.

The good news is that the tough part of Bama's year is over. There are only two obstacles between them and a national title game: LSU and the SEC championship. The rest of their schedule isn't much of a gauntlet, even Tennessee should be a cakewalk. I'd say the most shocking game for them could be Arkansas St, because Bama WAS upset by Louisiana-Monroe last year. The Red Wolves are blood thirsty this year trying to prove themselves worthy of a game against the Razorbacks. It SHOULD be an easy win for Alabama, which means they may underestimate the Red Wolves.

In all likelihood, we'll get to see who's better: Big 12 or SEC. I predict Texas and Alabama in the BCS Championship.

Any other year, I'd agree. But this year, I think the Big 12 is the dominant conference. I think Texas and Oklahoma can beat any team in the SEC. I think Missouri and Oklahoma St could beat almost any team in the SEC. Even our best teams, Alabama and Florida, aren't looking so hot right now. Florida played well against LSU, but they lost to Ole Miss for Christ's sakes.

The good news is that the tough part of Bama's year is over. There are only two obstacles between them and a national title game: LSU and the SEC championship. The rest of their schedule isn't much of a gauntlet, even Tennessee should be a cakewalk. I'd say the most shocking game for them could be Arkansas St, because Bama WAS upset by Louisiana-Monroe last year. The Red Wolves are blood thirsty this year trying to prove themselves worthy of a game against the Razorbacks. It SHOULD be an easy win for Alabama, which means they may underestimate the Red Wolves.

In all likelihood, we'll get to see who's better: Big 12 or SEC. I predict Texas and Alabama in the BCS Championship.

I'm still worried about Auburn. Tuberville always finds a way to beat us.

I'm still worried about Auburn. Tuberville always finds a way to beat us.

They lost to Arkansas last night. Of course, they just fired their OC the day before, so I'm sure things were still confusing. By the time they play Bama, they could have things under wraps. Still, I don't think you have much to worry about. Even when they were playing well yesterday, they didn't look good.

Plus, I think Petrino really wanted that win.

Forum List

Back