Who gives a shit...

yes.... must.....hate ..... science.....

must.... learn.....nothing
Says one of the posters who mocked Gingrichs idea of going to Mars to mine it.

You are such a two faced hypocritical bitch sometimes.
How do you get tons of ore back from outer space?
You can not return to earth from Mars without mining it first. You can not launch with enough fuel for a round trip.
The problem is getting back into Earth's atmosphere and gravity with a heavy payload and having a ship that can handle the stress...
The mining would be for supplies needed for further space exploration dummy. Water, rocket fuel etc...
Oh sure...What about diamonds?

Hey look if we weren't $20 freaking TRILLION dollars in debt I'd be fine with exploring Mars, freaking spend-o-holic crack addicts are in charge of spending.

You can not return to earth from Mars without mining it first. You can not launch with enough fuel for a round trip.
The problem is getting back into Earth's atmosphere and gravity with a heavy payload and having a ship that can handle the stress...
The mining would be for supplies needed for further space exploration dummy. Water, rocket fuel etc...
Most diamonds are deep as that's where the pressure required to create them is. Most of the mining I've heard NASA talk about is surface mining.

Most diamonds are deep as that's where the pressure required to create them is. Most of the mining I've heard NASA talk about is surface mining.
I bet they take a load of Mexicans to do the refining....

I bet they take a load of Mexicans to do the refining....
Mexican robots

There is nothing there, it's a waste of time and money to find out... there's nothing there!!!
Lol

Why NASA still believes we might find life on Mars
With this type of thinking, mankind would never leave the cave, let alone look to see what might be beyond the next hill, or sail the seas.

This incurious mind set seems, sadly too typical of the young, immature modern American Cnservatives. I weep for the future.
The country is broke, paying debt with more debt is not paying the bills. Lol
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

There is nothing there, it's a waste of time and money to find out... there's nothing there!!!
Lol

You can, actually.

Lol

You can, actually.
Sure if you launch a dozen unmanned rockets to Mars first. But that is not cost effective when the ingredients to make the fuel to return are already there.

You can, actually.
Sure if you launch a dozen unmanned rockets to Mars first. But that is not cost effective when the ingredients to make the fuel to return are already there.
What if they be using a fusion device for power?

This is much like GW in my opinion. Obviously NASA has a preconceived notion that there is life on Mars and now they will spend millions trying to prove it with their built in bias.

What I would like them to do is quit cutting audio and video feeds whenever something pops up they don't understand. That and I would send the rover over to the light they see on Mars, find out what that is then maybe we can ask those folks if there is life on Mars.

images

You can, actually.

And your ship will also be a refinery? That's a big ship.

There are easier ways:

NASA says puzzling new space drive can generate thrust without propellant

Lol

Why waste money exploring the universe when we can waste it on the earth on other more frivolous causes, right? I've heard this complaint a time or two. Why NOT?

"If man were meant to fly, he'd have wings."
Yes. And we do have wings, we also dive deep into the oceans without gills. We have vision that can look deep into the dark abyss of space and see things never before seen.

Forum List

Back