Who gets your vote?

Apr 12, 2006
New Jersey
Which of these possible candidates would you feel most inclined to vote for in the 2008 presidential election?

1. Hillary Clinton
2. Al Gore
3. John Kerry
4. Other Democrat
5. John McCain
6. Condoleezza Rice
7. Rudy Giuliani
8. Other Republican
9. Candidate from another party

1549 said:
Which of these possible candidates would you feel most inclined to vote for in the 2008 presidential election?

1. Hillary Clinton
2. Al Gore
3. John Kerry
4. Other Democrat
5. John McCain
6. Condoleezza Rice
7. Rudy Giuliani
8. Other Republican

Wow I suck at life...I meant to make this a poll :chains:

Well feel free to post your responses.

I am going to go with Al Gore. Hillary has no shot of winning over new states and has far too many haters. Kerry also has no shot of adding new states. Gore is likeable, intelligent, and would make a good candidate.

If I had to select a Republican to be my President, I would select Condoleezza Rice. Because she is a Republican, I would disagree with some of her politics. But she too is likeable and intelligent. She also seems to be a pretty straight shooter and doesn't shy around issues.

1549 said:

1. Hillary Clinton
2. Al Gore
3. John Kerry
4. Other Democrat
5. John McCain
6. Condoleezza Rice
7. Rudy Giuliani
8. Other Republican

You forgot Joe Biden. I'd vote for him, but only if McCain gets the nod. You also forgot Bill Frist and Rich Santorum.

onthefence said:
You forgot Joe Biden. I'd vote for him, but only if McCain gets the nod. You also forgot Bill Frist and Rich Santorum.

I figured I would just stick with three popular names for each party. I could really see Frist getting the Republican's nod. He is similar enough to George Bush that he could be very popular among the Republican faithful.

However, his similarities may also be his downfall. If I were the Republicans I would be looking to mix it up in this election, and choose someone who is maybe a little more moderate or someone who brings something different to the table. McCain, Giuliani, and Rice all fit that bill. The reason is that being similar to Bush will win a lot of votes from Bush supporters, but another Republican Southerner with similar views could alienate a good portion of the swing vote that does not like Bush.

As a Democrat, I think a southerner is just what we need. I think a lot of southerners are detatched from the democratic party and bringing Gore back to the table would help mend the differences a little bit. Maybe I am wrong, but I know if we nominate Hillary or Kerry, the election will end up exactly the same as '04.

Of the ones you posted, Condi. However, George Allen (R-VA) and Newt Gingrich (R-GA) are my two other favorites.

No way in hell Frist ever wins any primary. He's as spineless as they come.

John McCain.
He is reasonable, pragmatic, and trustworthy.

Almost everything I've heard in the past 6 years had McCain's name attached to it. I like his position on just about everything.

Most importantly, I can trust him to see the job done in Iraq. He's the only person I've heard lately even mention sending more troops to Iraq until the violence has subsided and the country is on track.

Mr.Conley said:
John McCain.
He is reasonable, pragmatic, and trustworthy.

Almost everything I've heard in the past 6 years had McCain's name attached to it. I like his position on just about everything.

Most importantly, I can trust him to see the job done in Iraq. He's the only person I've heard lately even mention sending more troops to Iraq until the violence has subsided and the country is on track.

Here comes the "McCain-Feingold is shitty legislation" onslaught. Perhaps the "McCain is a traitorous opponent of the First Amendment" horseshit.

Let's see everybody rip on the war hero.

onthefence said:
All I'm saying is that this thread was going to be hijacked by this. I figured I would get out ahead of it and try to steer it back.

Now Kathianne, who would you like to see as our next President?
So you knew it would be hijacked by his own words? :wtf:

I haven't a candidate at this time, for 2008. I do know it would NOT be McCain or Frist, beyond that :dunno:

1549 said:
I know your post was in response to OTF, but I just clicked on that link. I have to admit that I am wondering to what extent the author used ellipsis to blow that quote out of proportion.

Maybe I am wrong, but it looks suspicious.
Go listen to the Imus tape/transcript. :coffee3:

1549 said:
I know your post was in response to OTF, but I just clicked on that link. I have to admit that I am wondering to what extent the author used ellipsis to blow that quote out of proportion.

Maybe I am wrong, but it looks suspicious.

He said it. I heard it. It sucks, but he said it.

Forum List

Back