Who Gets Arrested?

As much as I would like to see the pricks who stole the trailer prosecuted, convicted, spending a few years behind bars and then deported, I do think death by firing squad is a little excessive for the crime they committed.

I am skeptical about the "almost ran me over" statement.

I don't believe we can allow citizens, even 82 year old citizens, to take the law into their own hands. It sounds to me like he shot at them after they had passed him, which means the danger was passed. I'm not surprised that they are prosecuting him.

I am, however, surprised they are not prosecuting the two thieves.

Immie

okay as shocking as this is...

the old man should have stayed in his home and called the cops..simple as that..that will be what the crooks lawyers will say...

that will be the agruement...was he truly in danger...no, he could have simply used the phone...he went into the street with a gun and fired it twice...can you use deadly force over a property ?

the old man should have stayed in his home and called the cops..simple as that..that will be what the crooks lawyers will say...

that will be the agruement...was he truly in danger...no, he could have simply used the phone...he went into the street with a gun and fired it twice...can you use deadly force over a property ?

IMHO

He had every right to cap those fuckers.

If someone came on to my property and was stealing one of my cars, I'd be unloading on the asshole.

Last edited:
but laws dont say that....

luckily he didnt kill the crook....but i think you can only use deadly force when you are threatened....and you cant put yourself in a dangerous postion then declare self defense

now i will admit in a rural area..i think the police might have charged this differently....

i am a woman, at home, alone....i have to tell you one time to leave my property....after that....i can call 911 and protect myself....

IMHO

If someone came on to my property and was stealing one of my cars, I'd be unloading on the asshole.

And you would be tried for attempted murder or maybe murder as well.

As much as we'd like to cap the pricks, when we do, we suffer the consequences and rightly so.

Immie

but laws dont say that....

luckily he didnt kill the crook....but i think you can only use deadly force when you are threatened....and you cant put yourself in a dangerous postion then declare self defense

now i will admit in a rural area..i think the police might have charged this differently....

i am a woman, at home, alone....i have to tell you one time to leave my property....after that....i can call 911 and protect myself....

When someone points a car at you and tries to run you down, are you not in danger?

I would protect myself before I called 911.

IMHO

As much as we'd like to cap the pricks, when we do, we suffer the consequences and rightly so.

Immie

Really? Even if said asshole was trying to run me down? I would have every right to shoot.

At 82 life in prison isn't long. He should have taken better aim. The crimigrants tried to run him over, they didn't think he had long either.

the old man put himself in the street....that is the problem....he didnt have to leave his house...i dont think anything will come of this....i really dont see putting this old man in jail for any time.

now why havent they charged the crooks?

IMHO

Immie

Really? Even if said asshole was trying to run me down? I would have every right to shoot.

Yes, even if.

From the article, I believe it was stated that he fired at them after they had left his premises. Meaning that said danger was passed. You do not have the right to execute someone for stealing a car and in his case, it was execution for stealing a trailer.

I think the only prayer this guy has is his age. Hopefully, the prosecutors will lessen the charges due to the fact that he is so old, but the fact that he actually hit the guy may be his undoing.

Facts are not known for us, but if he did shoot them after they had passed by then I think he is in trouble. I do realize that one of the perps went to the hospital for a gunshot wound to the face. I'm guessing he was looking back when he got hit. We'll have to wait to see when more of the facts are known, but I think this guy is in trouble.

Too bad, the prosecutor doesn't have the courage to also go after these suspected illegal aliens. He must be up for re-election soon.

Immie

Immie

Yes, even if.

From the article, I believe it was stated that he fired at them after they had left his premises. Meaning that said danger was passed. You do not have the right to execute someone for stealing a car and in his case, it was execution for stealing a trailer.

I think the only prayer this guy has is his age. Hopefully, the prosecutors will lessen the charges due to the fact that he is so old, but the fact that he actually hit the guy may be his undoing.

Facts are not known for us, but if he did shoot them after they had passed by then I think he is in trouble. I do realize that one of the perps went to the hospital for a gunshot wound to the face. I'm guessing he was looking back when he got hit. We'll have to wait to see when more of the facts are known, but I think this guy is in trouble.

Too bad, the prosecutor doesn't have the courage to also go after these suspected illegal aliens. He must be up for re-election soon.

Immie[/QUOT

I guess we aren't talking Texas or Florida huh? :lol:

Yes, even if.

Immie[/QUOT

I guess we aren't talking Texas or Florida huh? :lol:

Until Americans start attacking Mexico in force, LA RAZA will be running the United States.

Its to bad the didn't kill them, then at least he would be in trouble for something real.

Wait A Minute! The police know the crooks are illegal aliens yet they haven't turned them in to Immigration? That is a crime right there. They must inform federal authorities.

Wait A Minute! The police know the crooks are illegal aliens yet they haven't turned them in to Immigration? That is a crime right there. They must inform federal authorities.

I believe the report stated that they were suspected illegal aliens. No confirmation on that.

Edit: I suppose that if this happened in Arizona we might know for sure. :D

Immie

Last edited:

I believe the report stated that they were suspected illegal aliens. No confirmation on that.

Immie

Now that's a good reason to fire on anyone looking the slightest bit "south of the border".

Immie

Sources say Torres and Cardona are believed to be in the country illegally and both have an arrest record. Cardona's record includes public fighting and numerous traffic offenses like driving without a license or insurance. Torres's record includes agricultural trespassing as well as a 2005 arrest for aggravated motor vehicle theft for which he was given a plea bargain to a lesser crime. Sources say Torres is also under investigation for being part of a major auto theft ring.

Thieves could go free while victim faces jail time - KDVR

That's what is so aggravating. Arrest records but no birth records? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back