Who gained the most from the Angle-Reid debate

What are her "extreme" stances?

I want to know that also. Reid spent so much time tossing around that extreme meme he would have better off if he skipped the debate. Even O'Donnel would have won a debate against him, and only the most partisan people even think it was close.

That was answered earlier. But she will smother those with generalities and half truths to get elected.

It has become a typical Tea Party ploy.

Of course, the democratic party reeks with honesty and transparency :cuckoo:

SSI and Medicaid/Medicare are decades old and have become intergral parts of American society. It is both activist and radical to advocate such a change.

And what Angle was alluding to with point (1), is that if the popular vote was not getting the outcome she wanted..then a Second Amendment Remedy (implicitly..rebellion) might be a solution to that.

They are insolvent. Government has been stealing from Social Security since the beginning and is $13T in debt. There is no lockbox, no trust fund.

God bless Sharron Angle for calling that program the fraud that it is.

"Radical" is to create more insolvent government programs and force everyone into them.

Of course...Bush paid for the Iraq war with SS money. Then he was low enough to keep that deficit out of the budget. He hid it.

t r u t h o u t | Maya Schenwar | Bush Keeps War Cost Under Wraps

The only way Angle has a chance is if she hides her real policies. She cannot come out and trumpet her real stances. Her handlers have moderated her to the point where she seems half sane. In other words, lie about what you really believe and you can get elected.

:lol: Truth-out?

NEWay...

Nice to see you've altered your "landslide Reid" prediction from a few months ago... I'm sure if harry stresses his pivotal role in 0bamascare and running up the deficit he will win comfortably....:D

I did not watch it, but have heard different opionions. I think Reid blew it with his, "I was a successful lawyer..." answer when she questioned how he became so wealthy, while in Congress.

Opinions?

"I know we Nevadans get our backs up when the national media condescends. We are a proud bunch; we love our state. But as I surveyed the post-mortems in the 140-character world, where concision often yields brutal truth, you could almost sense the head-shaking as the national types opined:"

NBC’s Chuck Todd: “Reid’s problem tonight is that while Angle wasn’t great, his performance made her look passable.”

Politico’s Dave Catanese: “Utterly subpar.”

Political Wire’s Taegan Goddard: “Reid didn’t knock out Angle but she had him on the ropes. Have to give the edge to Angle ...”

Political writer Taylor Marsh may have summed it up best: “Sharron Angle passed the ‘I’m not crazy test’ with flying colors. Focused too. This lady just might pull this off. Reid didn’t take her out.”

But did he take himself out, once and for all, with his dismissiveness, his sarcastic and loopy use of “my friend” and Senatese, his shifting of subjects in the middle of thoughts, beginning with his opening statements?

Reid lost the debate to Angle - Friday, Oct. 15, 2010 | 2:01 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Forum List

Back