Who gained the most from the Angle-Reid debate

Different personality...same garbage?

You and your ilk always seem to come across as actually believing that you have some enormous edge, when in fact more than half the country either prefer that Democrats control the major issues or their preference, according to ALL THE POLLS below, are split.

Priorities

Nah, the generic poll has had Republicans ahead, by varying degree, for some time.

No edge. Obama's garbage is dead in the water, no matter who controls the Senate.

That's step one.

Gridlock, Baby! Gridlock!

You and your ilk always seem to come across as actually believing that you have some enormous edge, when in fact more than half the country either prefer that Democrats control the major issues or their preference, according to ALL THE POLLS below, are split.

Priorities

Nah, the generic poll has had Republicans ahead, by varying degree, for some time.

No edge. Obama's garbage is dead in the water, no matter who controls the Senate.

That's step one.

Gridlock, Baby! Gridlock!

This ^ stuns, irks, bothers, annoys, irritates and otherwise upsets the liberal Democratics.

But under our present circumstances, GRIDLOCK is a vast improvement over just about every single domestic policy preference of the President and his Party.

Accordingly, "Gridlock, Baby! Gridlock!"

Las Vegas Review-Journal front page headline this a.m.:

DUO DUEL IN DEBATE
ANGLE, REID JAB; INCUMBENT A D.C. FAT CAT, CHALLENGER 'EXTREME'

Local long-time political writer Jon Ralston believes Reid lost the debate. He contends Angle scored more rhetorical points and Reid could not stay on argument.

Angle still might pull the election off.

But there's no way the Republicans will take control of the Senate,

Republican control of the Senate is actually quite doable, but I agree that it is still an uphill battle. They can take control by winning:

Pennsylvania
Wisconsin
Illinois
West Virginia
Colorado
Indiana
Arkansas
Nevada
North Dakota
Washington

All of these states the Republican candidate is either tied or ahead of the Democrat. Plus, the GOP is not in any danger of losing any seat they currently hold. There are also still the possibilities of upset wins in California and Connecticut.

By all rights....Reid being a "Prime Time" politician should have been able to knock the socks off the "nooby", Angle, and he couldn't. This does not bode well for Reid in the election.

Reid's problem is that he can't tell the truth and get reelected.

Different personality...same garbage?

Priorities

That's step one.

Actually it doesn't. What it has Republicans ahead in is likely voters and only marginally in most cases. Counting people who are disappointed because they didn't believe that legislation was progressive enough as "republican" is specious.

Sharon would get my vote any day over Reid.

He is a rat of the worst kind.

Its just my opinion, so dont go asking why I feel the way I do, b/c I dont have time to waste listing them all.

He needs to retire and enjoy all the riches he has accumilated over his illustious "law career". :eusa_shhh:

Priorities

That's step one.

Actually it doesn't. What it has Republicans ahead in is likely voters and only marginally in most cases. Counting people who are disappointed because they didn't believe that legislation was progressive enough as "republican" is specious.

You mean the people who thought they were going to get free health care?

Would Bill Buckley be down for a national energy/industrial policy, government owned automakers, government run banks, bailouts, government run student loans, trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye could see?

If not, I'd say he'd be closer to the Tea Party than anyone else.

Only to an extremist on the left.. although I think (3) sounds a little whacky. I'd love to opt out of (2) & (4)

Not sure what (1) means.

SSI and Medicaid/Medicare are decades old and have become intergral parts of American society. It is both activist and radical to advocate such a change.

And what Angle was alluding to with point (1), is that if the popular vote was not getting the outcome she wanted..then a Second Amendment Remedy (implicitly..rebellion) might be a solution to that.

They are insolvent. Government has been stealing from Social Security since the beginning and is $13T in debt. There is no lockbox, no trust fund.

God bless Sharron Angle for calling that program the fraud that it is.

"Radical" is to create more insolvent government programs and force everyone into them.

Of course...Bush paid for the Iraq war with SS money. Then he was low enough to keep that deficit out of the budget. He hid it.

t r u t h o u t | Maya Schenwar | Bush Keeps War Cost Under Wraps

The only way Angle has a chance is if she hides her real policies. She cannot come out and trumpet her real stances. Her handlers have moderated her to the point where she seems half sane. In other words, lie about what you really believe and you can get elected.

What are her "extreme" stances?

I want to know that also. Reid spent so much time tossing around that extreme meme he would have better off if he skipped the debate. Even O'Donnel would have won a debate against him, and only the most partisan people even think it was close.

I want to know that also. Reid spent so much time tossing around that extreme meme he would have better off if he skipped the debate. Even O'Donnel would have won a debate against him, and only the most partisan people even think it was close.

If the partisans think it was close, then Reid got stomped

SSI and Medicaid/Medicare are decades old and have become intergral parts of American society. It is both activist and radical to advocate such a change.

And what Angle was alluding to with point (1), is that if the popular vote was not getting the outcome she wanted..then a Second Amendment Remedy (implicitly..rebellion) might be a solution to that.

They are insolvent. Government has been stealing from Social Security since the beginning and is $13T in debt. There is no lockbox, no trust fund.

God bless Sharron Angle for calling that program the fraud that it is.

"Radical" is to create more insolvent government programs and force everyone into them.

Of course...Bush paid for the Iraq war with SS money. Then he was low enough to keep that deficit out of the budget. He hid it.

t r u t h o u t | Maya Schenwar | Bush Keeps War Cost Under Wraps

The only way Angle has a chance is if she hides her real policies. She cannot come out and trumpet her real stances. Her handlers have moderated her to the point where she seems half sane. In other words, lie about what you really believe and you can get elected.

Are you talking about Reid, or Angle?

That was answered earlier. But she will smother those with generalities and half truths to get elected.

It has become a typical Tea Party ploy.

Forum List

Back