Who gained the most from the Angle-Reid debate

What are her "extreme" stances?

To sum up:

Second Amendment Remedy.
Phasing out Social Security.
Allowing HMOs to prescribe exactly who gets insurance.
Phasing out Medicaid/Medicare.

Those are all pretty radical and extremist views.

Only to an extremist on the left.. although I think (3) sounds a little whacky. I'd love to opt out of (2) & (4)

Not sure what (1) means.

Reid getting beat by Angle is like Mike Tyson getting his ass kicked by some toothless vagrant who lives in a refrigerator box at Penn Station

Is that the new rightwingnut position?

He'd have had his butt kicked by anyone who wasn't a loon.

But if you want to trade chickens for health care, have at it.

oh... and fivethirtyeight.com has them at one point apart. that's well within the margin of error so it comes down to turnout.

http://elections.nytimes.com/2010/forecasts/senate/nevada

Suffolk, CNN, PPP, all have Reid ahead of angle by more than that 1 point.

Last edited:
Some quotes from that thread:

VaPudYank5150 said:
1.) This is going to be VERY fun to watch. I am no Harry Reid fan, but he will crush this idiot in a landslide come November. Congrats Tea Baggers!

2.) And this kookie rookie has NO chance of dismantling ANYTHING. Good job of ensuring a Reid victory, Tea Baggers!

FatBoyNYCarbineer said:
So, that's 2 races the Tea Partiers have put back in play for the Democrats. Gee, who would have predicted that? Oh, right, that would have been ME. lol

JokeStarkey said:
The TeaParty candidates may give BHO a veto-proof Congress.

No, she doesn't. And neither do any of them. I'd like to see Angel win only because I want Harry Reid replaced as Senate leader. But there's no way the Republicans will take control of the Senate, so they can yammer 'till pigs fly about dismantling popular programs. Many need to be revamped, true, but they don't stand a chance of being dismantled entirely. A win for Sharron Angle will do nothing to change the landscape, so the voters might as well give it to her for all I care.

What are her "extreme" stances?

To sum up:

Second Amendment Remedy.

Only to an extremist on the left.. although I think (3) sounds a little whacky. I'd love to opt out of (2) & (4)

Not sure what (1) means.

SSI and Medicaid/Medicare are decades old and have become intergral parts of American society. It is both activist and radical to advocate such a change.

And what Angle was alluding to with point (1), is that if the popular vote was not getting the outcome she wanted..then a Second Amendment Remedy (implicitly..rebellion) might be a solution to that.

VaPudYank5150 said:
1.) This is going to be VERY fun to watch. I am no Harry Reid fan, but he will crush this idiot in a landslide come November. Congrats Tea Baggers!

2.) And this kookie rookie has NO chance of dismantling ANYTHING. Good job of ensuring a Reid victory, Tea Baggers!

JokeStarkey said:
The TeaParty candidates may give BHO a veto-proof Congress.

No, she doesn't. And neither do any of them. I'd like to see Angel win only because I want Harry Reid replaced as Senate leader. But there's no way the Republicans will take control of the Senate, so they can yammer 'till pigs fly about dismantling popular programs. Many need to be revamped, true, but they don't stand a chance of being dismantled entirely. A win for Sharron Angle will do nothing to change the landscape, so the voters might as well give it to her for all I care.

except if harry reid is out, and the dems keep the senate (which looks to be the case), we'll get chuck schumer as senate majority leader.

Last edited:
Moar!

jokeystarkey said:
1.) reid will now win in a cakewalk.

2.) she will lose by 8 to 10 points.

3.) even if she is lds (and i have no idea, but i assure you the nevada lds do), as wacko as she is (sounds like a beck clone), she has very little chance. Reid got the race he needed.

Paranoid much? Nobody gives a shit about your tracking methods and cute revisions to user names. Grow up.

To sum up:

Second Amendment Remedy.

Not sure what (1) means.

SSI and Medicaid/Medicare are decades old and have become intergral parts of American society. It is both activist and radical to advocate such a change.

And what Angle was alluding to with point (1), is that if the popular vote was not getting the outcome she wanted..then a Second Amendment Remedy (implicitly..rebellion) might be a solution to that.

They are insolvent. Government has been stealing from Social Security since the beginning and is $13T in debt. There is no lockbox, no trust fund.

God bless Sharron Angle for calling that program the fraud that it is.

"Radical" is to create more insolvent government programs and force everyone into them.

By all rights....Reid being a "Prime Time" politician should have been able to knock the socks off the "nooby", Angle, and he couldn't. This does not bode well for Reid in the election.

Moar!

jokeystarkey said:
1.) reid will now win in a cakewalk.

2.) she will lose by 8 to 10 points.

3.) even if she is lds (and i have no idea, but i assure you the nevada lds do), as wacko as she is (sounds like a beck clone), she has very little chance. Reid got the race he needed.

Paranoid much? Nobody gives a shit about your tracking methods and cute revisions to user names. Grow up.

Obviously you cared enough to reply...

Fuck off...

Been listening to clips of both their answers. Reid did a horrible job. Not that im much more impressed by Ms Angle.

Though I dont think the "I was a successful lawyer" line is what did him in. I think its more the "She's an extremist!" with no specifics. I mean this is supposed to be the Senate majority leader. Shouldnt he be able to debate alittle better here?

except if harry reid is out, and the dems keep the senate (which looks to be the case), we'll get chuck schumer as senate majority leader.

I still think Schumer, or Durbin, would be more effective. They're both well-liked by most whereas Harry Reid isn't. Personalities count a lot in that position.

Been listening to clips of both their answers. Reid did a horrible job. Not that im much more impressed by Ms Angle.

Though I dont think the "I was a successful lawyer" line is what did him in. I think its more the "She's an extremist!" with no specifics. I mean this is supposed to be the Senate majority leader. Shouldnt he be able to debate alittle better here?

In a word.

Yes.

I still think Schumer, or Durbin, would be more effective. They're both well-liked by most whereas Harry Reid isn't. Personalities count a lot in that position.

Different personality...same garbage?

You and your ilk always seem to come across as actually believing that you have some enormous edge, when in fact more than half the country either prefer that Democrats control the major issues or their preference, according to ALL THE POLLS below, are split.

Priorities

You and your ilk always seem to come across as actually believing that you have some enormous edge, when in fact more than half the country either prefer that Democrats control the major issues or their preference, according to ALL THE POLLS below, are split.

Priorities

Nah, the generic poll has had Republicans ahead, by varying degree, for some time.

No edge. Obama's garbage is dead in the water, no matter who controls the Senate.

That's step one.

To sum up:

Second Amendment Remedy.

Not sure what (1) means.

That may be, but they there are both badly in need of reform, and specifically as to SSI, the return you get is way below what one can get in the private sector. Now, I don't advocate getting rid of them, but I do advocate not being forced into them.

As to your last point... if we're talking about taking up arms to get what we want, then that's nuts... if that is indeed what she really means. Not a huge fan of anarchy.. although "Sons of Anarchy" is a great show!

Last edited:
I did not watch it, but have heard different opionions. I think Reid blew it with his, "I was a successful lawyer..." answer when she questioned how he became so wealthy, while in Congress.

Opinions?

He should have said he had Steve Rattner and Charlie Rangel as his advisers

Forum List

Back