Who gained the most from the Angle-Reid debate

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I did not watch it, but have heard different opionions. I think Reid blew it with his, "I was a successful lawyer..." answer when she questioned how he became so wealthy, while in Congress.

Opinions?

I saw parts of it. Sharron Angle definitely softened her message and was quite effective in attacking Reid. Reid on the other hand stayed on the defensive. He called her "extreme" but really wasn't specific about exactly what she was so extreme about. Don't get me wrong, Angle, while, poised somewhat was very awkward. She said stuff like "It's not your job to create jobs. It's your job to create policies that allow small business to create jobs." Harry let stuff like that fly right by.

Add in expectations were so low about Angle, merely showing up was a bonus.

I give it to Angle..but only slightly.

I saw parts of it. Sharron Angle definitely softened her message and was quite effective in attacking Reid. Reid on the other hand stayed on the defensive. He called her "extreme" but really wasn't specific about exactly what she was so extreme about. Don't get me wrong, Angle, while, poised somewhat was very awkward. She said stuff like "It's not your job to create jobs. It's your job to create policies that allow small business to create jobs." Harry let stuff like that fly right by.

That is what I have summised. She held her own, even if she had to back off of some of her extreme stances. She learned to moderate. It was a toss up, which means a loss for Reid, who needed a knock out. As long as she keeps her head low and doesn't blert out her real positions, she will probably win. Anything can happen though...

That is what I have summised. She held her own, even if she had to back off of some of her extreme stances. She learned to moderate. It was a toss up, which means a loss for Reid, who needed a knock out. As long as she keeps her head low and doesn't blert out her real positions, she will probably win. Anything can happen though...

My, how your tune has changed....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/120469-harry-reid-gets-race-that-he-wanted.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/120469-harry-reid-gets-race-that-he-wanted.html

That's sort of what happens in the real world. Sometimes events don't exactly unfold the way one initially expects them too. Which is why cognition is so important.

Some quotes from that thread:

VaPudYank5150 said:
1.) This is going to be VERY fun to watch. I am no Harry Reid fan, but he will crush this idiot in a landslide come November. Congrats Tea Baggers!

2.) And this kookie rookie has NO chance of dismantling ANYTHING. Good job of ensuring a Reid victory, Tea Baggers!

FatBoyNYCarbineer said:
So, that's 2 races the Tea Partiers have put back in play for the Democrats. Gee, who would have predicted that? Oh, right, that would have been ME. lol

JokeStarkey said:
The TeaParty candidates may give BHO a veto-proof Congress.

Swallow said:

That's sort of what happens in the real world. Sometimes events don't exactly unfold the way one initially expects them too. Which is why cognition is so important.

It's also why making absolute predictions in June for a race in November is fucking stupid, Swallow....

What are her "extreme" stances?

To sum up:

Second Amendment Remedy.
Phasing out Social Security.
Allowing HMOs to prescribe exactly who gets insurance.
Phasing out Medicaid/Medicare.

Those are all pretty radical and extremist views.

And she's run away from every one of them. This is the tea partiers strategy, stop running on what you believe and you might win.

Swallow said:

It's also why making absolute predictions in June for a race in November is fucking stupid, Swallow....

Well..maybe yes..maybe no. That's about all that deserves.

Cheers.

What are her "extreme" stances?

To sum up:

Second Amendment Remedy.
Phasing out Social Security.
Allowing HMOs to prescribe exactly who gets insurance.
Phasing out Medicaid/Medicare.

Those are all pretty radical and extremist views.

And she's run away from every one of them. This is the tea partiers strategy, stop running on what you believe and you might win.

Well that..and lie.

Lying these days seems to have no political ramifications with the right. So long as they like the lie.

Reid getting beat by Angle is like Mike Tyson getting his ass kicked by some toothless vagrant who lives in a refrigerator box at Penn Station

More quotes from the left:

VaPudYank5150 said:
1.) Damn, the Tea Baggers aren't even going to make Reid work very hard for this one....

2.) The people of Nevada...all of them, not just the Tea baggers, will never allow this kook, Angle anywhere near the office.

JimmyH52 said:
1.) The GOP brass are wringing their hands right now. With all their hopes of taking back Congress, of all things, the Baggers do them in! SAD!

2.) I want to see how chummy the Tea party and the GOP will be if these fringe candidates cost the GOP control of Congress. That will be UGLY! (can't stop chuckling...)

Moar!

jokeystarkey said:
1.) reid will now win in a cakewalk.

2.) she will lose by 8 to 10 points.

3.) even if she is lds (and i have no idea, but i assure you the nevada lds do), as wacko as she is (sounds like a beck clone), she has very little chance. Reid got the race he needed.

Moar!

jokeystarkey said:
1.) reid will now win in a cakewalk.

2.) she will lose by 8 to 10 points.

3.) even if she is lds (and i have no idea, but i assure you the nevada lds do), as wacko as she is (sounds like a beck clone), she has very little chance. Reid got the race he needed.

More from Jokey:

Angle is Defeated Candidate Walking.

Harry will defeat the wierdo very easily. Dr. H, send her money to save her campaign.

Reid getting beat by Angle is like Mike Tyson getting his ass kicked by some toothless vagrant who lives in a refrigerator box at Penn Station

Kind of makes you wonder why conservatives would force these nutcases on the GOP when they could win with sensible people.

Because "sensible people" ran up a 1.3 Trillion deficit

"sensible" in carby-speak means someone who will vote with the democratics...

Forum List

Back