Who else besides Gunny...

We liberals only drink fine wines from California and other parts of America. Once in while we engage in a fine French Bordeaux or Italian Barolo but mostly liberals support America, that what being liberal means. ;)

We liberals only drink fine wines from California and other parts of America. Once in while we engage in a fine French Bordeaux or Italian Barolo but mostly liberals support America, that what being liberal means. ;)

You know what the real difficult part will be? I already acknowledged in another thread I have a family member who works for one of the brewery's. They actually have a whole punch card system set up where the hourly employees get so and so number of free cases a month, as long as they don't cause a lost time accident.

I bet that will be the first thing to go thanks to the "Machete wielding cost cutters" of the InBev management :D

I'm not a big fan of Bud, but before you start calling it swill, try and brew something like it sometime.

It's not my kind of beer, but it's light and appeals to the taste of millions.

Budwiser

Here in Indiana it's the state beverage. What Indy 500 or Nascar Race could be held without it?

Who could attend a Colts or Pacers game without a cold Bud in their hand?

What family reunion is complete without Uncle Bill trying to grope me in his drunken beer state?

What tastes great after a day picking corn to use in gasoline or put on the grill? Why, a Bud of course!

And of course, summer is not complete without sitting on your lawn chair drinking your Bud, watching the cars pass by.

Budwiser...it's an Indiana tradition.

Whisky only for me.
Well, whisky, single malts scotch..and sometimes tequila.

Beer is for wussies.

Whisky only for me.
Well, whisky, single malts scotch..and sometimes tequila.

Beer is for wussies.

Try some Wathen's.

On the scotch side, Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Cragganmore, Clynelish, Dalwhinnie, and more are on my shelf. Plus a nice irish whiskey called Connemara.

I'm not a big fan of Bud, but before you start calling it swill, try and brew something like it sometime.

It's not my kind of beer, but it's light and appeals to the taste of millions.

I've made beer before. I call Budweiser swill as well. Appeal to million doesn't equate to quality or all of use would be listening to the Jonas Brothers right now.

Try some Wathen's.

On the scotch side, Laphroaig, Ardbeg, Cragganmore, Clynelish, Dalwhinnie, and more are on my shelf. Plus a nice irish whiskey called Connemara.

It's Laphroaig for me. It tastes like horse leather to me...(i.e., leather that's been used on horses, not leather made from horses).Had Dalwhinnie, Cragganmore and I think Clynelish. Don't know about Ardbeg, but probably at some point. Connemara I've had. Don't know about Wathen's. It doesn't sound familiar.

It's Laphroaig for me. It tastes like horse leather to me...(i.e., leather that's been used on horses, not leather made from horses).Had Dalwhinnie, Cragganmore and I think Clynelish. Don't know about Ardbeg, but probably at some point. Connemara I've had. Don't know about Wathen's. It doesn't sound familiar.

If you're a fan of bourbon: Wathen's Bourbon

Ardbeg has a fairly strong peat flavor.

Hard to beat Laphroaig for overall good scotch though.

Wrong again as always... there is more to wine than the boones farm crap that you are familiar with...shmuck..

I'm familiar with wines, pantywaist. And it sounds like you have more experience with the candy crap than I do.

To me arguing beer vs. liquor vs. wine is like arguing over cats and dogs. They are not mutually exclusive and I like them all. Alcohol snobs are almost as ludicrously self-righteous as music snobs.

I've made beer before. I call Budweiser swill as well. Appeal to million doesn't equate to quality or all of use would be listening to the Jonas Brothers right now.

Understood.

Many home brewers become so because they want a beer that has a heavier taste.

But have you ever tried to brew a beer like Bud?

It isn't that simple to do.

I'm a Pilsner fan myself, that or IPAs, of late.

But some respect is due to all the mass brewers, in my opinion.

Don't confuse ubiquitous, or commonly appreciated with easy or inferior.

Bud isn't a bad beer if you like that kind of lager.

I've been playing around with the high gravity beers (since the laws just changed allowing them in SC). I usually however buy beer based on the weather... I am a pils, drinker as well that is pleasantly working through my IPA fears.

Understood.

Many home brewers become so because they want a beer that has a heavier taste.

But have you ever tried to brew a beer like Bud?

It isn't that simple to do.

I'm a Pilsner fan myself, that or IPAs, of late.

But some respect is due to all the mass brewers, in my opinion.

Don't confuse ubiquitous, or commonly appreciated with easy or inferior.

Bud isn't a bad beer if you like that kind of lager.

No, I've never tried to brew a light beer like that. I like the heavier ones as a rule. I do like some pilsners - Spaten comes to mind, or Pilsner Urquell.

Typically, I'm more apt to drink something like Bass Ale, McEwans, and the like.

Forum List

Back