Who Dropped a Dime on Herman Cain?

Who Dropped a Dime on Herman Cain?

• Total voters

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Well, despite all this talk from the right that liberals and the liberal mainstream media are behind the release of information about Herman Cain's past sexual harrassment case, I personally think it's far more likely that this 'opposition research' info was offered up to Politico by either other Republican candidates (and/or their staffs) who are trying to torpedo Cain's candidacy for their own benefit or the GOP establishment that doesn't want Cain to win the nomination.

Hence, the poll question.

So far, politico isn't saying where they got this information. Personally, I hope that info eventually comes out regardless of which side offered it to Politico.

Serious question: Do you want people to think you're a fucking idiot? Because you're doing a really good job of it.

Anyone who votes anything other than c is a fucking idiot.

It is pathetic.
And a clear example of why some highly qualified people will never run for public office.

(Not that I would or could run) - But take my own situation. I have successfully ran business for 6 years, plus other department management positions totally over 20 years management experience.
Buuut...way back in the 90's after I fired a woman for repeatedly not showing up for work - she filed a sexual harassment against me that was absolutely-totally bogus. She ended up not showing up for the 2nd hearing when it was getting clear to everyone that this was false. Plus one other case filed against me that I can't discuss - but after thorough investigation the accusation was found to be baseless and my lawyer even tried to convince me to sue for false accusation and liable.

No question this old stuff would come out if I ran for office - even though I am 100% innocent - it wouldn't matter. The media used to have the integrity to NOT report things like this unless some guilt was found - today even if someone makes a wild claim out of nowehere - it is on national television within minutes.

Serious question: Do you want people to think you're a fucking idiot? Because you're doing a really good job of it.

Why is that exactly? People offer their opinions on this board all the time. And frankly, I'm surprised (I'm even surprised that I'm surprised) how often those 'opinions' of events are colored by various individuals' partisanship. For example, how about all this anti-Obama rhetoric going on about pulling the troops out of Iraq. Well, for one thing, the date of withdrawl (the end of this year) was negotiated by the Bush administration. And secondly, if American troops won't have legal immunity in Iraq, any American president would be crazy to leave the troops there if there was ANY possiblity that US soldiers or marines could be arrested, tried in an Iraqi court, and possibly imprisoned or executed.

So, with Cain, what would be the motivation for liberals or Democrats to send this info about his past to politico? Although I believe that Obama and the Democrats would LOVE for Cain to be the nominee, Cain is NOT yet the nominee. So, what would be the point?

Why is that exactly? People offer their opinions on this board all the time. And frankly, I'm surprised (I'm even surprised that I'm surprised) how often those 'opinions' of events are colored by various individuals' partisanship. For example, how about all this anti-Obama rhetoric going on about pulling the troops out of Iraq. Well, for one thing, the date of withdrawl (the end of this year) was negotiated by the Bush administration. And secondly, if American troops won't have legal immunity in Iraq, any American president would be crazy to leave the troops there if there was ANY possiblity that US soldiers or marines could be arrested, tried in an Iraqi court, and possibly imprisoned or executed.

So, with Cain, what would be the motivation for liberals or Democrats to send this info about his past to politico? Although I believe that Obama and the Democrats would LOVE for Cain to be the nominee, Cain is NOT yet the nominee. So, what would be the point?

when Obama was behind in the polls to Hillary, what was the point for the GOP to start the controversy regarding the birth certificate? You are aware, of course, that the GOP was blamed for it?

when Obama was behind in the polls to Hillary, what was the point for the GOP to start the controversy regarding the birth certificate? You are aware, of course, that the GOP was blamed for it?

I don't recall any BC controversy during the Democratic primary process of 2007 and 2008. Maybe it happened, but I don't think it really got any serious traction. However, the right has certainly run with the idea for years and years, haven't they? It was ALL OVER the Internet, talk radio, TV, and the newspapers. Hell, even members of Congress wouldn't dismiss it outright.

Well, despite all this talk from the right that liberals and the liberal mainstream media are behind the release of information about Herman Cain's past sexual harrassment case, I personally think it's far more likely that this 'opposition research' info was offered up to Politico by either other Republican candidates (and/or their staffs) who are trying to torpedo Cain's candidacy for their own benefit or the GOP establishment that doesn't want Cain to win the nomination.

So far, politico isn't saying where they got this information. Personally, I hope that info eventually comes out regardless of which side offered it to Politico.

When liberals hold Bill Clinton and John Edwards as accountable for REAL sexual misconduct as they want to hold Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain for innuendo, I'll take their charges seriously.

It's pretty obvious the left are trying the same tactic against Cain they tried against Thomas.

The thing the left fears most is a black man who speaks his own mind and not the left's.

Keep smearing us left, the country isn't listening. They are too busying noticing the conduct of a very imcompetent president, Barack Insane Obama.

:blahblah:

And if you think that Obama would LOVE to go up against Cain, you are allowing your PC glasses cloud reality.

There are many African Americans that are not happy with Obama and would go for another African American regardless of party......likely losing about 30% of them

Now add into that the fact that the young vote voted for Obama based on him being black....well, he will found himslef losing another 30% of that vote

Now.....have your fun calling me a racist and all of the other good stuff you will likely use to divert from reality..

But the truth is...Cain is one of two of Obamas worse nightmares.

Newt is the other one.

Want some cheese to go with that whine?

I mean seriously...

WTF would it gain the Dems to do this to Cain?

What do they stand to gain by implementing such a campaign against such a whopping lowlife at this stage?

Get some damn common sense for a change...whydontcha!?!?

Probably the RNC.

They know he can't win the general election and yet he's been surging in the polls for the Republican contender. They needed to get rid of him.

Don't tell me they didn't know his past right from the beginning.

:eusa_hand:

Definitely Perry or Romney. There's no reason for Obama's camp to leak this stuff on Cain now. Once he's the nominee, then you air the dirty laundry. Now? There's still time for him to lose and its a wasted effort.

Stuff that comes out in the primary is almost always the fault of inter-party squabbling. Dirt is best saved for October when you're the opposition.

no, hillary got credit for it during the primaries...... just like she was the one that pushed the pic of obama in "muslim garb" even tho it was worn primarily by christians who had a majority in that region.......

the gop got credit for continuing it after hillary lost the primaries.......

the dems are probalby not doing anything about the repub primaries.. no need.. they will spend their money attacking each other.. the dems are saving their resources to attack whoever wins the primary..........

so this was probably done either as a hit by another repub candidate or was found during an independant investigation by a news agency.......

And if you think that Obama would LOVE to go up against Cain, you are allowing your PC glasses cloud reality.

There are many African Americans that are not happy with Obama and would go for another African American regardless of party......likely losing about 30% of them

Now add into that the fact that the young vote voted for Obama based on him being black....well, he will found himslef losing another 30% of that vote

Now.....have your fun calling me a racist and all of the other good stuff you will likely use to divert from reality..

Newt is the other one.

i doubt the number is that high that would switch to vote rpeublican based on race.......

i do wish that cain .. or another black perosn.. would get the repub nomination just to finally settle the republican belief that blacks vote based on skin color........

blacks vote primarily dem because the southern strategy was such an effective tool of republican campaigns......

Thanks for telling us how to vote. Who needs elections, right? I guess we're not allowed to have opinions. Tough shit, here's mine. Anyone who thinks it's anything other than 'b' has been braindead since '72!!! :cool:

When liberals hold Bill Clinton and John Edwards as accountable for REAL sexual misconduct as they want to hold Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain for innuendo, I'll take their charges seriously.

It's pretty obvious the left are trying the same tactic against Cain they tried against Thomas.

The thing the left fears most is a black man who speaks his own mind and not the left's.

Keep smearing us left, the country isn't listening. They are too busying noticing the conduct of a very imcompetent president, Barack Insane Obama.

:blahblah:

why dont you tell us how many vote clinton and edwards got after their scandles broke?

here, lets count them together......

zero point zero.....

now, lets see how many republican votes gingrich... and now cain.. get after their sexual misconducts..... it will be more than clinton and edwards got.......

funny how two settled lawsuits are now considered "innuendo"........

Newt is the other one.

You're dreaming.

For one thing, Cain has absolutely NO political experience.

Two, Cain has flip-flopped on major issues several times recently, more egregiously than I've ever seen anyone do before. He ain't anywhere NEAR ready for primetime, J.

And thirdly, he's repeatedly and flagrantly lied his ass off over this sexual harrassment issue in the span of just a few hours. Put him on the campaign trail against Obama, and he'll implode faster than Sarah Palin can call him 'Herb.'

I'm sorry, I just can't take the GOP seriously when they try to take the high ground. Not as long as David Vitter keeps walking to re-election at least.

Probably the RNC.

They know he can't win the general election and yet he's been surging in the polls for the Republican contender. They needed to get rid of him.

Don't tell me they didn't know his past right from the beginning.

:eusa_hand:

That's a pretty good guess. I want the info to come out so the GOP food fight can begin in earnest. The last couple of GOP debates were a good start. But watching the GOP implode with talk radio and the tea party blasting their own party would be fine entertainment.

Don't forget to stock up on popcorn.

Newt is the other one.

You're dreaming.

For one thing, Cain has absolutely NO political experience.

Two, Cain has flip-flopped on major issues several times recently, more egregiously than I've ever seen anyone do before. He ain't anywhere NEAR ready for primetime, J.

And thirdly, he's repeatedly and flagrantly lied his ass off over this sexual harrassment issue in the span of just a few hours. Put him on the campaign trail against Obama, and he'll implode faster than Sarah Palin can call him 'Herb.'

Obama lied 3 times regarding his relationship with ayers.
That had no affect on him.

Obama has spent the last 3 years flip flopping on major issues...such as GITMO and lobbyists.

So I am not dreaming. I am just not allowing my ideology cloud my thinking as it pertains to the way the electorate votes.

And by the way...I am not a Cain fan by any means.

Forum List

Back