Who Doomed Sarah Palin’s Presidential Dream?

I wouldn't count Mrs. Palin out YET..with the Obama's approval ratings in the 30's IN JUST THREE YEARS......

Remember, Reagan vs. Carter.

I wouldn't count Mrs. Palin out YET..with the Obama's approval ratings in the 30's IN JUST THREE YEARS......

Remember, Reagan vs. Carter.

Oh, I haven't counted her out. Mainly because I haven't counted her in yet. I see no reason to presume that she is running at this point in time.

Her "Palm Reader" told her not to run.

sarah-palin-palm-writing.jpg

By Benjy Sarlin

Ultimately, Palin has been her own worst enemy. Over and over she's made costly unforced errors that have solidified her critics' worst impressions of her while alienating potential supporters. The most disastrous -- and illustrative -- recent example was her response to the Gabrielle Giffords shooting in Arizona. Under intense scrutiny for her use of violent political imagery, Palin actually began to garner some public sympathy from unexpected corners as it became clear the alleged killer was motivated more by a deranged worldview than any coherent cause. But she instantly squandered it by releasing a tone-deaf video condemning a "blood libel" against her that only appeared more inappropriate after Obama delivered a moving speech focused on the individual shooting victims' biographies later the same day. Palin's popularity plummeted to new lows in the aftermath, but the episode did little more than confirm the already entrenched image of the ex-governor as a thin-skinned, rash, and divisive figure.

More: Who Doomed Sarah Palin's Presidential Dream? | TPMDC

Captain_Obvious_by_Bogardeth.jpg

Sarah Palin the day she quit.

She knew she was doing it too. So I don't feel so badly for her. She was just chasing the dollar.

Can you blame her? Cash out on the hysteria... Pretty smart...

If it weren't for lib obsession she would have faded into meaninglessness...

Good for her...

Sarah Palin the day she quit.

She knew she was doing it too. So I don't feel so badly for her. She was just chasing the dollar.

Can you blame her? Cash out on the hysteria... Pretty smart...

If it weren't for lib obsession she would have faded into meaninglessness...

Good for her...

I don't blame her at all. It just insults my intelligence when people claim she is some sort of stateswoman. Maybe at one time. However, after she caught light of the bright lights and big city in the '08 campaign she decided to become a complete media whore*. I mean, hell she didn't even do a good job of feigning interest after the loss in '08. At any rate, being a media whore is a pretty damned good gig. She just has to find a way to stay relevant enough to keep getting paid.

She's smart enough to know that after this election (and her non-candidacy) her stock will plummet, so she's cashing in as fast as she can. She's done a pretty good job of keeping herself in the spotlight (and both sides have kept her relevant, thank you very much).

It is kind of a shame though, if she'd stayed on as governor of Alaska and refined her image a bit, at this point she'd be the heir apparent and I think she would stand a damned good chance of beating Obama. Instead we have a sideshow of Michelle Bachman and Bush-Lite. I wonder if she is kicking herself now for chasing the dollar? I guess that depends of what she values more: her ambition or her bankroll.

*meant in the proverbial sense.

Sarah Palin was her own worst enemy, and killed her future in politics. Palin would have persisted until a replacement was found.

Enter Michele Bachman.

Palin won't run. Shit.........she won't do anything that even comes close to resembling work.

What else would you expect from a 1/2 term quitter?

She destroyed herself in the Katie Couric interview, never recovered.

Perhaps in this universe where the laws of politics function normally.

But in the alternate universe of the TPM and Palin’s supporters, however, the Couric interview was a great success. Her ignorance of Supreme Court cases, for example, confirmed and justified for many conservatives the irrelevance of – and their contempt for – Constitutional case law. We see that ignorance and contempt for the law expressed by conservatives on this very site daily.

The interview also confirmed her credentials as an ‘anti-intellectual,’ an enemy of the ‘liberal intellectual elite,’ and of course the ‘liberal bias mainstream media.’ Palin reads no newspapers, just like her supporters – one need only know his job and the bible. And as with her supporters and many on the right, she’s ignorant of other peoples and cultures – with good cause in the context of ‘American Exceptionalism.’

In a Nation where some believe the moon generates its own light per biblical dogma and a state’s governor prays for rain, it’s not difficult to understand Palin’s continued popularity and support.

Forum List

Back