Who Doomed Sarah Palin’s Presidential Dream?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Benjy Sarlin

Ultimately, Palin has been her own worst enemy. Over and over she's made costly unforced errors that have solidified her critics' worst impressions of her while alienating potential supporters. The most disastrous -- and illustrative -- recent example was her response to the Gabrielle Giffords shooting in Arizona. Under intense scrutiny for her use of violent political imagery, Palin actually began to garner some public sympathy from unexpected corners as it became clear the alleged killer was motivated more by a deranged worldview than any coherent cause. But she instantly squandered it by releasing a tone-deaf video condemning a "blood libel" against her that only appeared more inappropriate after Obama delivered a moving speech focused on the individual shooting victims' biographies later the same day. Palin's popularity plummeted to new lows in the aftermath, but the episode did little more than confirm the already entrenched image of the ex-governor as a thin-skinned, rash, and divisive figure.

More: Who Doomed Sarah Palin's Presidential Dream? | TPMDC

*yawn*

crusaderfrank-albums-pds-victims-picture1080-zombies-edited-1.jpg

I think her chances disappeared after her bizarre performance during the Giffords shooting

She never recovered

She destroyed herself in the Katie Couric interview, never recovered.

But, she is being well advised how to make money. Write a book, keep youself in the national consciousness, don't say you're running, don't say you're not running, you'll be more interesting... Is she running or not. Laugh all the way to the bank.

This is a great nation!

What evidence is there that she ever had a Presidential dream? Or that it's doomed?

I think her chances disappeared after her bizarre performance during the Giffords shooting

She never recovered

I think you're a little confused. It was some leftwing nutjobs who had a bizarre performance and tried to blame her for the incident.

But, she is being well advised how to make money. Write a book, keep youself in the national consciousness, don't say you're running, don't say you're not running, you'll be more interesting... Is she running or not. Laugh all the way to the bank.

This is a great nation!

The Couric interview was doctored.

The transcripts didn't match the footage.

Yup, liberals using deception and lies to win at all costs.

This is a great nation!

Nothing wrong with Making money. She may not run, but she certainly is doing her part. Energizing Conservatives. A net plus for the Republicans. IMO. I am sure if she does not run, the Candidates will fight over getting her Endorsement.

Last edited:

This is a great nation!

The Couric interview was doctored.

The transcripts didn't match the footage.

Yup, liberals using deception and lies to win at all costs.

hahaahaahaahahaahaha

Couric has been unpopular among Palin supporters ever since her series of interviews with the then-governor of Alaska proved to be one of the most damaging moments of Palin’s candidacy. In her book, “Going Rogue,” Palin writes in detail about the experience, calling Couric “a reporter who clearly had a partisan agenda.”

I couldn’t have known it then, but what transpired during the series of interviews and what CBS actually aired were two different breeds of cat. Camera crews shot hours of footage across the U.S.; Katie and her producers decided on which fraction America would see — and let’s just say the emphasis was on my worst moments. Editing footage is nothing new, of course; I created video packages when I worked as a sports reporter. But responsible editing means you keep the substance and context, and trim out the fat. When I saw the final cut, it was clear that CBS had sought out the bad moments, and systematically sliced out material that would accurately convey my message. The sin of omission was glaring.

LEAKED VIDEO shows Katie Couric mocking Palin [video] | The Daily Caller
Transcript: Palin And McCain Interview - CBS News
CBS responds to leaked Couric video - On Media - POLITICO.com

This is a great nation!

Is this the time for the poster on here to tell us how smart she is because of her net worth?

Forum List

Back