CDZ Who doesn't support Nike and Colin Kaepernick?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Toronado3800, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +791
    You are right. This makes no practical difference to me either now that you have me thinking about it. The NFL has alienated me over the last couple decades enough I'm not doing Fantasy Football even this year. Used to be I could come in 2nd in a league and occasionally win with just watching the Superbowl the last few years.

Now all I can think about are owners digging for money from us wherever they can to build themselves a new stadium or trying to make their boys click their heels to the communist party leader or snap to attention whenever some symbol is raised.

I'm gonna go learn the names on my kid's soccer team with the time I would have spent on Fantasy Football lol.

2. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +740
    Any objections I may have is purely "other than consistent" with Colin Keapernicks proposed protest, what the media thinks about it, what veterans (other than myself) think about it, what NFL fans may or may not think about it, or what young people shopping for athletic gear may or may not think about it.

That being said, Nike will not be getting any more of my money, no matter what they or any of the aforementioned people say or think, for the express reason they think their athletic gear is somehow supported by virtue signaling, and decided to make something other than their the possible virtues of using their product, their primary focus in attempts to sell that product. I am not buying their bullshit, and sorry if they thought it was more important than their products and my patronage.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +791
    Nike sucks and has for decades. If this leads to them going out of business the end result isn't that bad at all.

I listen to a lot of this classic rock stuff from the Vietnam era so I have a soft spot for those protesting anything in a peaceful way. Nike I have no such soft spot for.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,156
    I'm not boycotting, I've just never watched sports, always hated sitting on the sidelines and watching sports feels like sitting on the sidelines. As for Nike they don't fit, I have a very wide foot 4E, basically for decades it's been New Balance for me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +740
    I didn't really have a problem with Nike gear, at least not to a point it really made a difference. Now I do, and even that has more to do with something other than their product.

6. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +791
    My distaste to them goes to two things:

When Nike gets trendy, they get trendy and I hate conforming.

They (I think somewhat unfairly) have been singled out for running sweatshops overseas producing Air Jordans or whatever. Again, my anger is tempered.

7. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +740
    Even though I served, I have a problem with companies who think what they want is more important than what it takes to keep getting my money.

Companies can be more flexible than you think though. I went in to Pizza Hut one time to pick-up a $26.75 order, and a $50 bill was the lowest bill I had at the moment. I asked to see the manager when the cashier told me they couldn't accept the $50 bill. The manager was kind of enough to tell me it was against their policy to accept the $50 bill and they were sorry. I then told the manager that if he had the balls to charge me $26.75 for two pizzas, he better be able to break a $50 bill, or I would never buy another pizza from Pizza Hut again. He immediately said he would take the $50 bill and had the change in the drawer.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,353
    Yes. If you can't show that kind of judgement, and escalate that quickly, you probably shouldn't be walking around with a gun.

Did you watch the tape. He didn't face van Dyke. Van Dyke shot him in the back. He then kept shooting him after he was on the ground.

Again- if it was a good shoot, why did they submit false statements. Eric Zorn had a great column on this day, where he quoted exerpts from the police reports, and compared them to what the tape shows.

9. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +791
    I disagree, if your hand is on a shifter that looks like a pistol and a cop walks up on your car after pulling you over, should he shoot you? Ideally not but let's not count on that.

I'm not here to coddle ppl that much. If you stand on the edge of Hoover Dam you might fall off, its not the builder's fault.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,372
    Reminds me of when Tebo was villified for prayer on the field.

But...hey...you guys would support that.