CDZ Who doesn't support Nike and Colin Kaepernick?

As NFL offers measured response to Nike’s Kaepernick ad, other reactions range from support to outrage

Tucker Blasts Nike for Profiting From Kaepernick's 'Attacks on the United States'

'He's Sacrificed Nothing': 'The Five' React to Nike's Ad Campaign Featuring Colin Kaepernick

Just wondering on what political ideology people who don't support Kaepernick stand?

My Republican friends have been ranting about how evil Stalin was for decades, talking about how states are greater than the federal government and "dissing" the Islamic group think countries. So they can't possibly care if a man stands for the National Anthem. After all like we are reminded the boys in the Marines die for our right to free speech....well, recorded free speech thanks to the Patriot Act, but free speech! Go small government!

My Democrat Friends are the followers of Steven and Elyse Keaton from family ties right? They definitely don't care about even burning flags.

So who does care if he sits during an Anthem? Is he protesting in favor of some religion that abuses children or something?
I don't support either but then again I don't watch sports and I've never worn Nikes. :dunno:

You are right. This makes no practical difference to me either now that you have me thinking about it. The NFL has alienated me over the last couple decades enough I'm not doing Fantasy Football even this year. Used to be I could come in 2nd in a league and occasionally win with just watching the Superbowl the last few years.

Now all I can think about are owners digging for money from us wherever they can to build themselves a new stadium or trying to make their boys click their heels to the communist party leader or snap to attention whenever some symbol is raised.

I'm gonna go learn the names on my kid's soccer team with the time I would have spent on Fantasy Football lol.

As NFL offers measured response to Nike’s Kaepernick ad, other reactions range from support to outrage

Tucker Blasts Nike for Profiting From Kaepernick's 'Attacks on the United States'

'He's Sacrificed Nothing': 'The Five' React to Nike's Ad Campaign Featuring Colin Kaepernick

Just wondering on what political ideology people who don't support Kaepernick stand?

My Republican friends have been ranting about how evil Stalin was for decades, talking about how states are greater than the federal government and "dissing" the Islamic group think countries. So they can't possibly care if a man stands for the National Anthem. After all like we are reminded the boys in the Marines die for our right to free speech....well, recorded free speech thanks to the Patriot Act, but free speech! Go small government!

My Democrat Friends are the followers of Steven and Elyse Keaton from family ties right? They definitely don't care about even burning flags.

So who does care if he sits during an Anthem? Is he protesting in favor of some religion that abuses children or something?

Any objections I may have is purely "other than consistent" with Colin Keapernicks proposed protest, what the media thinks about it, what veterans (other than myself) think about it, what NFL fans may or may not think about it, or what young people shopping for athletic gear may or may not think about it.

That being said, Nike will not be getting any more of my money, no matter what they or any of the aforementioned people say or think, for the express reason they think their athletic gear is somehow supported by virtue signaling, and decided to make something other than their the possible virtues of using their product, their primary focus in attempts to sell that product. I am not buying their bullshit, and sorry if they thought it was more important than their products and my patronage.

Any objections I may have is purely "other than consistent" with Colin Keapernicks proposed protest, what the media thinks about it, what veterans (other than myself) think about it, what NFL fans may or may not think about it, or what young people shopping for athletic gear may or may not think about it.

That being said, Nike will not be getting my money, no matter what they or any of the aforementioned people say or think, for the express reason they think their athletic gear is somehow supported by virtue signaling, and deciding to make something other than their product, their primary focus in attempts to sell that product. I am not buying their bullshit, and sorry if they thought it was more important than their products and my patronage.

Nike sucks and has for decades. If this leads to them going out of business the end result isn't that bad at all.

I listen to a lot of this classic rock stuff from the Vietnam era so I have a soft spot for those protesting anything in a peaceful way. Nike I have no such soft spot for.

I don't support either but then again I don't watch sports and I've never worn Nikes. :dunno:

You are right. This makes no practical difference to me either now that you have me thinking about it. The NFL has alienated me over the last couple decades enough I'm not doing Fantasy Football even this year. Used to be I could come in 2nd in a league and occasionally win with just watching the Superbowl the last few years.

Now all I can think about are owners digging for money from us wherever they can to build themselves a new stadium or trying to make their boys click their heels to the communist party leader or snap to attention whenever some symbol is raised.

I'm gonna go learn the names on my kid's soccer team with the time I would have spent on Fantasy Football lol.
I'm not boycotting, I've just never watched sports, always hated sitting on the sidelines and watching sports feels like sitting on the sidelines. As for Nike they don't fit, I have a very wide foot 4E, basically for decades it's been New Balance for me.

Nike sucks and has for decades. If this leads to them going out of business the end result isn't that bad at all.
I listen to a lot of this classic rock stuff from the Vietnam era so I have a soft spot for those protesting anything in a peaceful way. Nike I have no such soft spot for.

I didn't really have a problem with Nike gear, at least not to a point it really made a difference. Now I do, and even that has more to do with something other than their product.

I didn't really have a problem with Nike gear, at least not to a point it really made a difference. Now I do, and even that has more to do with something other than their product.

My distaste to them goes to two things:

When Nike gets trendy, they get trendy and I hate conforming.

They (I think somewhat unfairly) have been singled out for running sweatshops overseas producing Air Jordans or whatever. Again, my anger is tempered.

Even though I served, I have a problem with companies who think what they want is more important than what it takes to keep getting my money.

Companies can be more flexible than you think though. I went in to Pizza Hut one time to pick-up a $26.75 order, and a $50 bill was the lowest bill I had at the moment. I asked to see the manager when the cashier told me they couldn't accept the $50 bill. The manager was kind of enough to tell me it was against their policy to accept the $50 bill and they were sorry. I then told the manager that if he had the balls to charge me $26.75 for two pizzas, he better be able to break a $50 bill, or I would never buy another pizza from Pizza Hut again. He immediately said he would take the $50 bill and had the change in the drawer.

If that cop walks up on your car, you spook him with your cool literal pistol grip gear shifter and he shoots you, is the cop wrong?

Yes. If you can't show that kind of judgement, and escalate that quickly, you probably shouldn't be walking around with a gun.

He didn't murder that kid.....that kid turned to face him, in the dark. You just hate cops.

Did you watch the tape. He didn't face van Dyke. Van Dyke shot him in the back. He then kept shooting him after he was on the ground.

Again- if it was a good shoot, why did they submit false statements. Eric Zorn had a great column on this day, where he quoted exerpts from the police reports, and compared them to what the tape shows.

If that cop walks up on your car, you spook him with your cool literal pistol grip gear shifter and he shoots you, is the cop wrong?

Yes. If you can't show that kind of judgement, and escalate that quickly, you probably shouldn't be walking around with a gun.

He didn't murder that kid.....that kid turned to face him, in the dark. You just hate cops.

Did you watch the tape. He didn't face van Dyke. Van Dyke shot him in the back. He then kept shooting him after he was on the ground.

Again- if it was a good shoot, why did they submit false statements. Eric Zorn had a great column on this day, where he quoted exerpts from the police reports, and compared them to what the tape shows.

I disagree, if your hand is on a shifter that looks like a pistol and a cop walks up on your car after pulling you over, should he shoot you? Ideally not but let's not count on that.

I'm not here to coddle ppl that much. If you stand on the edge of Hoover Dam you might fall off, its not the builder's fault.

gun-car-shift-knob.jpg

rrpg-9.jpg

Reminds me of when Tebo was villified for prayer on the field.

But...hey...you guys would support that.

The next pair of shoes I buy...will hopefully be Nike.

You'll likely have a lot of style choices as Nike just dissed half of America.

And that explains this:
Nike Orders Rose in Four-Day Period After Kaepernick Ad Debut
Online sales of Nike apparel and shoes surged in the four days after quarterback-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick became the face of a new advertising campaign. Sales dipped in the same four-day period last year.

Nike’s Kaepernick ad debuted Monday afternoon, a U.S. holiday, drawing immediate praise and ire from celebrities and customers alike. From Sunday through Wednesday, product orders rose 27 percent, according to digital-commerce researcher Edison Trends, which collects receipt data from over 200 online vendors. In the same four-day period last year, product orders dropped 2 percent.

Nike Orders Rose in Four-Day Period After Kaepernick Ad Debut

Forum List

Back