CDZ Who doesn't support Nike and Colin Kaepernick?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Toronado3800, Sep 5, 2018.

1. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,210
    If a jury buys that, we are going to have riots,.

I've watched the tape. He wasn't "swinging the knife". He was walking away from officers with his arms down and his back turned. The knife didn't even have the blade out when it was recovered.

He MURDERED that kid. When he's on the ground, you stop pumping bullets into him.

If it was a good shoot, then Van Dyke (and frankly, what a self-pitying whiner he is) wouldn't have LIED about it in his report. His fellow cops wouldn't have run around to every other building trying to delete any video tapes.

Final point... if he was such a threat, why didn't any of the other cops shoot him? They didn't even have their guns out. But Jason van Shooty pops out of the car and plugs him 16 times?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  2. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,184
    Ey, every time you have an angry confrontation with someone things may go wrong. Throw in guns or swords or whatever and they might go catastrophically wrong.

If that cop walks up on your car, you spook him with your cool literal pistol grip gear shifter and he shoots you, is the cop wrong?

Doesn't much matter, you were the idiot with the pistol grip shifter who could not foresee the increased percentages of death it gave you. Regardless though, I couldn't convict the cop.

Do you have (hopefully short) video of the case you all are referring to? Sometimes cops make bad mistakes, sometimes cops have bad days. At some point it becomes criminally bad and I'm not here to defend bad ppl.

3. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,184
    Am I using your freedom against you?

Yes though, if you have freedom of speech and are created equal to everyone else, that guy across the street has the same rights.

There are other countries where he won't have them rights. Those are places with super shiites snowflakes or sunni snow flakes who are more equal than the jews down the hill or whatever.

It kinda sucks, I always think I drive better than my neighbors, make better decisions, am smarter, etc but I remind myself we are all created equal and largely just do different things 5% better than eachother.

4. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,631

He didn't murder that kid.....that kid turned to face him, in the dark. You just hate cops.

5. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,592
    Hopefully?
    Dependent on your lemonade stand profits?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  6. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,951
    I didn’t mean to imply there was a law. You can do whatever your employer will allow. The question is whether or not you “should” do it. If the boss gives you time off during the busiest time of the year great…should you have asked for that time off if there was no pressing need for you to take it? Where does it leave your co-workers/team mates? What type of teammate are you being? In the specific case of CK, what does it day when the recognized leader of the team—the QB—is “doin’ his own thang”?

I saw the Nike Spot. Very powerful and apolitical. loved it.

7. Dogmaphobe

Dogmaphobe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,324
    Here is my take on the Nike situation:

In selecting this very divisive figure, they are trying to appeal to thug culture, racists of color, angry people acting out, America haters, and self hating whites who try to gain self esteem through virtue signalling. These groups overlap to a great degree, of course, but they represent a considerable number here in the states.

One way to look at it is that Nike management are idiots who have no clue how many people they are pissing off. Now, I live where Nike all began, and they did not go from an idea in the 1970s to where they are today by being stupid. I think they know fully well that they are pissing off lots of people who will no longer purchase their product. They have factored that in to their calculus.

You see, the United States is not their only market. They are international, and for every American they alienate, how many anti-American Europeans do they gain? In this day of Donald Trump, that must be a lot, especially considered how Europeans are even farther down the road of white self hatred than we are. Kaep has an Islamic girlfriend who radicalized him, and with a billion and a half Muslims in the world, this is a very good thing for Nike, as well.

We live in a global economy and Nike is thinking globally, here. That is pretty much the long and the short of it as far as I'm concerned.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Tilly

Tilly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
    Ratings:
    +19,844
    Hopefully?

9. Dogmaphobe

Dogmaphobe Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,324

He's not very bright and even with Jim Harbaugh trying to teach him, he could never learn to read a defense. One of the best predictors of quarterback success is their ability to check off from their primary receiver when covered, analyze the defense and switch to a secondary receiver. He couldn't do that. What made him successful to begin with was his running ability and once defenses figured out his tendencies in that regard, all the running ability in the world didn't mean squat when he was not an accurate passer and wasn't smart enough to read defenses.

As far as the sjws are concerned, he was radicalized by his Muslim girlfriend and there is much speculation that he has converted, himself.The anti-Americanism pretty much goes hand and hand with that one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ringel05

Ringel05 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,859
    I don't support either but then again I don't watch sports and I've never worn Nikes. :dunno: