Who does Bid Laden's death concern the most? Al-Qaeda or the GOP

Who does Bin Laden's death concern the most?

• Al-Qaeda

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • GOP

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
The Right is simply trying to diminish President Obama's political gain from this achievement. Unfortunately that is not likely to succeed to any extent; barring any unforeseen catastrophe, President Obama's foreign policy credentials - with mainstream America -

are now all but unassailable. That leaves the GOP politically with nothing but the economy to work with.

The Left is simply trying to inflate President Hussein's political gain from this achievement. Fortunately that is not likely to succeed to any extent; barring any miraculous recovery, the Hussein's disasterous foreign policy credentials are now totally assailable.
That leaves the GOP polically with everything especially the economy to work with.

I don't think it's possible to inflate the accomplishment of killing the most hated man in America since Adolf Hitler.

I don't think it's possible to deflate that accomplishment, either.

However...this 'wave' that he rides will be short-lived as people get off the high...and start looking for JOBS again...

The GOP isn't upset that Bin Laden is dead. They are upset that Obama did what they refused to do in 8 years.

Dean doing what dean does best,being wrong.

Not this time.

But after trying to make him look bad..they sent up their golden boy, Scott Brown to unequivocally congratulate him. This possibly represents a shift in the GOP. But I doubt it.

I agree with you both. Al-Qaeda is screwed. I expect they are running around like little girls, wondering what Bin Laden may have had in his house that will lead to their demise.

al-Queida SHOULD be worried about the resolve of the PEOPLE...not politics, nor our twisted Government...REP on the way. Good Form.

It's the government that got him.

Quisling.

The Left is simply trying to inflate President Hussein's political gain from this achievement. Fortunately that is not likely to succeed to any extent; barring any miraculous recovery, the Hussein's disasterous foreign policy credentials are now totally assailable.
That leaves the GOP polically with everything especially the economy to work with.

I don't think it's possible to inflate the accomplishment of killing the most hated man in America since Adolf Hitler.

I don't think it's possible to deflate that accomplishment, either.

However...this 'wave' that he rides will be short-lived as people get off the high...and start looking for JOBS again...

It STILL goes down in the history books as a huge victory for Obama AND the American people.

i agree with you both. al-qaeda is screwed. I expect they are running around like little girls, wondering what bin laden may have had in his house that will lead to their demise.

al-queida should be worried about the resolve of the people...not politics, nor our twisted government...rep on the way. Good form.

it's the government that got him.

Quisling.

*and* ? asshole?

Bottom line: Bin Laden is dead on Obama's watch....9/11 happened on W's watch.

Chew on it for a while...

Oh, they're doing more than just "chew". Judging by their reaction so far, they're friggin' gagging on it!

:lol:

The GOP isn't upset that Bin Laden is dead. They are upset that Obama did what they refused to do in 8 years.

Refused to do.... LOL

My god you fools are so delusional.

Obama would still be holding his dick, looking for Osama if not for the tools Bush and Republicans gave him.

Grow up and learn to live in the real world you fool Dean.

Refused to do.... LOL

Obama would still be holding his dick, looking for Osama if not for the tools Bush and Republicans gave him.

*TRUE* and ODD...that He was FORCED to do it...or else?

The Right is simply trying to diminish President Obama's political gain from this achievement. Unfortunately that is not likely to succeed to any extent; barring any unforeseen catastrophe, President Obama's foreign policy credentials - with mainstream America -

are now all but unassailable. That leaves the GOP politically with nothing but the economy to work with.

Wow Yet another idiot.

You actually think the simple act of Finding Obama makes up for every other Moment of Dithering and poor Foreign Policy Decision Obama has made.

Sorry bud, the American People are not buying it. Only Pure Democrat Partisan Hacks believe that shit. Independents understand Obama was just the Guy there when we found him. Independents give Obama some credit, not all the Credit.

Independents understand Bush Gave Obama the tools to make it possible, and they Understand Obama opposed many of those tools.

You guys are grossly over estimating the Effect this will have on the Election, and Americans Opinions of Of Obama's foreign Policy Decisions.

But feel Free to keep living in a dream world where your guy all of the sudden went from a clusterfuck of a president to a Hero with one act.

Refused to do.... LOL

Even the interrogators disagree with that.

Torture May Have Slowed Hunt For Bin Laden, Not Hastened It

Refused to do.... LOL

Look out people... HUFFPOO comin'...

Refused to do.... LOL

Quality source there, and did you even read it? LOL

It speculates about Enhanced Interrogation Techniques and whether they helped or Hurt. Key word is speculates. You really need to read more than the head line, and try some less biased sources as well.

Only one Little problem for you, other than your ultra Left wing biased source that is. Enhanced Interrogation Techniques are not the only tools Bush Left Obama with that helped get Osama. The simple fact that we were able to hold these people with out trail was key, and opposed by Obama. having Gitmo and Black sites around the world to interrogate people with and with out Enhanced techniques helped lead to this and Were opposed by Obama. So called illegal Wire taps, helped lead to this, and were opposed by Obama.

Try looking at the facts with out your "I am a Liberal Democrat Partisan Hack" blinders on for a change.

Last edited:
In all this talk about "did the torture work and Bush should have credit"...

I would like to know how information that may or may not have been gathered 7 years ago about a location that wasn't even built till 5 years ago??????? Means ANYTHING????

Do some of you people even think any of this shit out in the most basic terms?

It just happened that Obama was behind the desk. Any president in office at the time of UBL's capture/killing would have done the same thing! It was a promise that Bush made to the american people and to all those who lost loved ones and it was a promise that NO president would be so dumb as to ignore at time of capture. Bush put the wheels in motion. So get real and stop your salivating.

Quote: The new UBL drink: 2 shots and a splash of water.....:clap2::clap2:
:lol::lol::lol: (Author unknown)

It just happened that Obama was behind the desk. Any president in office at the time of UBL's capture/killing would have done the same thing!

There's two problems with that, being the two other Presidents who have had to deal with the bin Laden problem. First of all, another person in office might not have found bin Laden. The hunt for bin Laden had effectively been terminated years ago. We weren't looking for him, we were hoping to come across him. Obama made finding bin Laden a priority, redirected our efforts and focus, and turned our resources toward that goal. In this, he departed from his predecessor's policies on the matter.

Second, Clinton'ss approach toward bin Laden was always to find him and bring him in. He pursued bin Laden zealously, but if I recall correctly there was an instance somewhere back in 1998 where we had the opportunity to take him out, but Clinton did not go for it. He was against any kind of assassination, and preferred to approach the bin Laden problem as if dealing with a fugitive from justice.

I agree with you both. Al-Qaeda is screwed. I expect they are running around like little girls, wondering what Bin Laden may have had in his house that will lead to their demise.

al-Queida SHOULD be worried about the resolve of the PEOPLE...not politics, nor our twisted Government...REP on the way. Good Form.

Well now, for stupidity you are hard to equal, T. It was the government, from our President down to the enslisted people handling communications that got Bin Laden. Now I would have liked to pop the cap on his sorry ass, but Pakistan out of range for all of my rifles. Same goes for yours.

We are taking these people out through the means of our duly elected officials, including the present C and C.

Wow Yet another idiot.

You actually think the simple act of Finding Obama makes up for every other Moment of Dithering and poor Foreign Policy Decision Obama has made.

Sorry bud, the American People are not buying it. Only Pure Democrat Partisan Hacks believe that shit. Independents understand Obama was just the Guy there when we found him. Independents give Obama some credit, not all the Credit.

Independents understand Bush Gave Obama the tools to make it possible, and they Understand Obama opposed many of those tools.

You guys are grossly over estimating the Effect this will have on the Election, and Americans Opinions of Of Obama's foreign Policy Decisions.

But feel Free to keep living in a dream world where your guy all of the sudden went from a clusterfuck of a president to a Hero with one act.

OK, then let's hear a brief description of the line of attack the GOP can successfully use against President Obama on foreign policy.

Forum List

Back