Who do you think won the debate?

• McCain

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Obama

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
McCain started off shaky but finished incredibly strong.

Not being a Kool-Aid guzzling Leftist, I'll say McCain by unanimous decision.

As I wrote in the other thread, no knockout punches from either.
i called it a tie
if pressed, i would give a slight edge to McCain
but very slight
Obama did better than i expected

I still think Obama is the best man for the job, but it is nice to like both of them instead of neither, as per usual.

-Joe

I think McCain attacked Obama too much and Obama tried to be too nice. I won't vote on who won because I think they both lost.

Obama is the best man for the job and I agree with Obama on more policies than McCain, but in the end, McCain won the debate.

McCain looked like a old man trying to talk down to someone. He tried to lecture on something that was a bad idea from the start....the Iraq war.

I'm happy to see that Obama held his own and attacked McCain and called him out on the Iraq war and how it has contributed to bankrupting America!

McCain needed to WIN this debate and I don't see where he did it tonight.

Can't wait to see Palin and Biden. That's if she is still on the ticket. :D

Last edited:
It was a draw. I thought McCain did pretty well, especially on Iran, and I thought he held his own on the economy. But Obama looked more Presidential.

McCain is trailing in the election. He has to have a decisive victory in the debates or have something turn for him dramatically elsewhere. Since he did not win decisively tonight, the tactical edge goes to Obama.

It was a draw. I thought McCain did pretty well, especially on Iran, and I thought he held his own on the economy. But Obama looked more Presidential.

McCain is trailing in the election. He has to have a decisive victory in the debates or have something turn for him dramatically elsewhere. Since he did not win decisively tonight, the tactical edge goes to Obama.

Agreed somewhat, meanwhile McCain's advisor parrots McCain's talking points on CNN.

CNN is going to have on Joe Biden in a few.

I personally think that Obama started off stronger, but McCain ended stronger. I would say it ended in a tie, but I understand how you can argue that McCain won. Obama held his own and McCain failed to really separate himself from somebody that has substantially less experience then him. Obama get a bit frustrated towards the end, but McCain didn't even have the courage to look Obama in the eye. That would frustrate me also.

Can't wait to see Palin and Biden. That's if she is still on the ticket. :D

I completely agree. Poor Palin...

I personally think that Obama started off stronger, but McCain ended stronger. I would say it ended in a tie, but I understand how you can argue that McCain won. Obama held his own and McCain failed to really separate himself from somebody that has substantially less experience then him. Obama get a bit frustrated towards the end, but McCain didn't even have the courage to look Obama in the eye. That would frustrate me also.

I completely agree. Poor Palin...
i think you are going to be quite surprised

Forum List

Back