Who do you think is the smartest liberal and the smartest conservative on television?

I think terms like "smartest" are ridiculous, but my favorites from both sides:

Right: PJ O'Rourke. One of the best feature writers I've ever read. The Conservative Hunter Thompson.

Left: James Carville, even though he's rarely on TV anymore. Probably the best currently living political operative.

Newt Gingrich is the smartest liberal he's even smarter than obama. He's smart enough to fool conservatives into thinking he's a Conservative.

The fact that only 3 people have managed to answer this question really says a lot about this forum. :lol:

Come on, guys. Use your brains.

The fact that only 3 people have managed to answer this question really says a lot about this forum. :lol:

So the only possible answers are those you approve of?

Okay, this really isn't hard to figure out. All you have to do is name an intelligent conservative and an intelligent liberal personality on TV. I approve any answers that do just that.

Shut up, hack. Go troll someplace else.

I'm a Hack? Don't think so. But you on the other hands are liberal approved hack. We can compare post to see who is a hack and who isn't.

That sounds like a great idea. Let's do it.

Here's the OP question:

Here's my answer:

Liberal: possibly Ezra Klein

Conservative: possibly Ron Christie

Here's your answer:

1. If they are liberals they aren't very smart
2. Any true Conservative hick is smarter then a liberal who others thinks smart

Yep, just as I thought. You're a hack. Now run along. It's past your bedtime.

I wasn't talking about this thread you fucking hack. How many threads have you responded to defending democrats vs not defending them?

Last edited:

So the only possible answers are those you approve of?

Okay, this really isn't hard to figure out. All you have to do is name an intelligent conservative and an intelligent liberal personality on TV. I approve any answers that do just that.

I answered your question.

Rachel Maddow, hands down.

She's a Rhodes scholar with a Phd from Oxford.

While that is impressive, it is not direct proof that she is more intelligent than anyone else.

I don't know what to say to a comment like that except....

What is proof of intelligence, if not a Rhodes scholarship and a Phd from Oxford?

The words that come out of your mouth and some of the conclusions she comes up with are just plain out there.

I think terms like "smartest" are ridiculous, but my favorites from both sides:

Right: PJ O'Rourke. One of the best feature writers I've ever read. The Conservative Hunter Thompson.

Left: James Carville, even though he's rarely on TV anymore. Probably the best currently living political operative.

Good choices.
PJ O'Rourke is very smart and hilarious to boot. His books make me laugh out loud, for real!

Carville is a pit pull with good common sense. His "Drag a hundred-dollar bill through a trailer park, you never know what you'll find" comment was priceless.....and he was smart enough to marry a conservative.:D

Smartest liberal: Ron Reagan

Smartest conservative: Michael Savage (runnerup Michael Medved - who used to be a liberal)

Most overrated: Bill O'Reilly and Jon Stewart

Last edited:
don't know what column to put him in, but hands down i'd say the smartest on tv is fareed zakaria. we could use more reasoned voices like his.

I'll go with Charles Krauthammer for the conservative side of the equation. He's got degrees with honors in economics and political science from McGill University (Canada's Harvard) then went on to get a degree from Harvard Medical School. He's also won a Pulitzer Prize for his journalism.

On the liberal side of things Rachel Maddow works but James Carville is a lot street smarter than Rachel could ever be.

Last edited:
While that is impressive, it is not direct proof that she is more intelligent than anyone else.

I don't know what to say to a comment like that except....

What is proof of intelligence, if not a Rhodes scholarship and a Phd from Oxford?

Being able to think?

Your score on an IQ terst?

A sense of humor?

I can go on for a long time.

The fact that you ask the question indicates your lack of intelligence. Would you like me to provide examples of Rhodes Scholars, all of whom, by definition, have a PhD from Oxford, that you think are stupid simply because they disagree with your political views?
basically Chris he is saying if Albert Einstein was a Conservative Republican.....you would say he is not that smart......

Smartest Democratic:

Dr. Mae Jemison

mae.gif

Smartest Republican:

Jed Clampett

mid-Beverly_Hillbillies_Episode_18_Jed_Saves_The_Drysdales_Marriage.ogg.jpg
Dean is another one.....if Einstein was a Republican Dean would never admit the guy is Intelligent......i kinda think Dean and Chris get lost watching shows like Star Trek....

Forum List

Back