Who do you think is the smartest liberal and the smartest conservative on television?

Agreed and I have the right to point out how wrong Morris has been on everything since he first heard the name Obama. Oh and there is nothing illegal about Morris being a prostitute toe sucker either. No reason to look down on him just for that.

Smartest Democratic:

Dr. Mae Jemison

mae.gif

Smartest Republican:

Jed Clampett

mid-Beverly_Hillbillies_Episode_18_Jed_Saves_The_Drysdales_Marriage.ogg.jpg

You probably know how I feel about Madcow, huh? Didn't mean I was going to rain on your parade....until you forced the issue.

Liberal...Dylan Ratigan

Conservative... Ron Christie

Ratigan is a really smart guy. Though, you'll probably be surprised to learn that Ratigan is a self-professed conservative.

It was a good time and a great debate, but the comment that caught my attention most didn't come from a panelist, but rather from Ratigan, himself, who said, "I consider myself a conservative."

Ratigan went on to clarify, adding that, "you can do whatever you want. The social [issues] ... I could care less. ..."

Sadly, Ratigan didn't get to finish explaining, but it was still an interesting moment -- if for no other reason that that it is generally assumed that most MSNBC hosts are liberal Democrats.

MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan: 'I Consider Myself a Conservative'

I chose Christie too. It's impossible to decide who is THE smartest (it's all opinion), but those two guys are some of the smartest.

He may consider himself to be a Conservative, however his politics seem to be that of a slightly left leaning Centrist. He supports Health Care and talks about corporate greed as a mainstay of his show. He talks about the bought and paid for politicians on both sides and he even supports labor.

That's not the ideology of a Conservative... at least not the current definition of conservative that has pervaded our society.

Liberal...Dylan Ratigan

Conservative... Ron Christie

Ratigan is a really smart guy. Though, you'll probably be surprised to learn that Ratigan is a self-professed conservative.

It was a good time and a great debate, but the comment that caught my attention most didn't come from a panelist, but rather from Ratigan, himself, who said, "I consider myself a conservative."

Ratigan went on to clarify, adding that, "you can do whatever you want. The social [issues] ... I could care less. ..."

Sadly, Ratigan didn't get to finish explaining, but it was still an interesting moment -- if for no other reason that that it is generally assumed that most MSNBC hosts are liberal Democrats.

MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan: 'I Consider Myself a Conservative'

I chose Christie too. It's impossible to decide who is THE smartest (it's all opinion), but those two guys are some of the smartest.

He may consider himself to be a Conservative, however his politics seem to be that of a slightly left leaning Centrist. He supports Health Care and talks about corporate greed as a mainstay of his show. He talks about the bought and paid for politicians on both sides and he even supports labor.

That's not the ideology of a Conservative... at least not the current definition of conservative that has pervaded our society.

I agree. I just thought you'd find that interesting. It surprised me when I first heard it.

I agree. I just thought you'd find that interesting. It surprised me when I first heard it.

Yeah.. it actually does me too. Just goes to show how far right the right have gone.

Yeah.. it actually does me too. Just goes to show how far right the right have gone.

Yep. I'd say that he didn't mean it, but only said it to make that point; but he doesn't seem the type to pull that stuff.

I'd say George Will is the smartest conservative on TV. I'd say Rachel Maddow is probably the smartest liberal, even if her sensibilities edge towards the twee more than it should. I think anybody can see the intelligence and curiosity in her eyes, but she sort of incubates herself in the MSNBC echo chamber.

While that is impressive, it is not direct proof that she is more intelligent than anyone else.

I don't know what to say to a comment like that except....

What is proof of intelligence, if not a Rhodes scholarship and a Phd from Oxford?

Obviously, its affirmative action. (Somehow, or something.)

Me saying that it is impressive somehow means I think she got there through affirmative action.

Guess which one of us that makes look stupid.

Rachel Maddow, hands down.

She's a Rhodes scholar with a Phd from Oxford.

While that is impressive, it is not direct proof that she is more intelligent than anyone else.

Than anybody else period, or any other intelligent liberal?

Than any intelligent liberal specifically, or anyone else in general. There are 83 Rhode's scholars selected every year, and each of those people is among the most intelligent, and driven, young people on the planet. That does not mean that those 83 are the only smart people, nor would they necessarily be the smartest, since Rhode's specifically selects for people who they think will focus on a career in public service.

Does that mean that, for example, Stephen Hawking, is less intelligent since he never applied for, or received, a Rhode's Scholarship, is less intelligent than the 83 people who did receive them the year he left Oxford and went to Cambridge? Personally, I doubt anyone that has ever received a Rhode's Scholarship is as intelligent as Hawking, but that is just me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back