Who do you think is letting politics get in the way of economic progress?

Who do you think is letting politics get in the way of economic progress?

• The Democratic-controlled Senate

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Obama

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • The Republican-controlled House

• All of Congress

• Obama and all of Congress

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Obama/Senate

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Why do so many libtards think the DNC was incapable of over whelming the RNC between big 0 swearing in and the 2010 elections?

Are republicans so right that even the dems knew deep in their hearts that it was wrong to waste so much time and money?

well, until the bribes came rolling in.

Well.....

I'm thinking that they were hindered by an incredibly toxic economy.

I think Obama knew that he had one opportunity to get something significant done on health care reform......something needed if we were ever to address the cripling costs associated with it in this country. He took that opportunity.

While not a politically wise decision, it resulted in reforms that will cut costs over time and provide health care security to millions of hard-working Americans. Despite the fact that most of the reforms are ideas supported by GOP lawmakers in the past, they fought it with a misinformation campaign of epic proportions.

That battle cost Obama all of his political capital. It is all very clear if one takes the time to consider the facts.

HC increased in cost.

hell, even redean admitted that his company has to cough up another 250k each year.

that's 5 50k a year jobs that will be cut, or five people that won't get hired, and he can kiss any raise goodbye.

krist, liberals and math... :lol:

Who benefits if the economy continues in the doldrums?

Who has the power of NO to see that happens?

Why do so many libtards think the DNC was incapable of over whelming the RNC between big 0 swearing in and the 2010 elections?

Are republicans so right that even the dems knew deep in their hearts that it was wrong to waste so much time and money?

well, until the bribes came rolling in.

Well.....

I'm thinking that they were hindered by an incredibly toxic economy.

I think Obama knew that he had one opportunity to get something significant done on health care reform......something needed if we were ever to address the cripling costs associated with it in this country. He took that opportunity.

While not a politically wise decision, it resulted in reforms that will cut costs over time and provide health care security to millions of hard-working Americans. Despite the fact that most of the reforms are ideas supported by GOP lawmakers in the past, they fought it with a misinformation campaign of epic proportions.

That battle cost Obama all of his political capital. It is all very clear if one takes the time to consider the facts.

HC increased in cost.

hell, even redean admitted that his company has to cough up another 250k each year.

that's 5 50k a year jobs that will be cut, or five people that won't get hired, and he can kiss any raise goodbye.

krist, liberals and math... :lol:

You meant to say that health care premiums have gone up.

A knowledgeable person knows that premiums have gone up every year for decades....long before the Affordable Health Care Act was even a thought.

A well informed person knows that the premium increases we get now are the same.....but the coverage now includes our kids through age 26 and allows coverage for pre-existing conditions.

A thinking person knows that businesses in countries that have universal health care don't cough up shit for health care.

Learn something, will ya?

My honest vote is all of congress. I think Republicans are blocking anything Obama proposes for the sake of dethroning him in 2012. Democrats, on the other hand, are inhibiting anything the House comes up because they are trying to save face from the embarrassing mid-term election results.

Obama, I think, is the only branch of government that is making a genuine effort to fix the economy. I think this not because I am democrat, but because it wouldn't make any sense politically for him not to try. His re-election largely depends on a stable economy.

If you think that then you are really ignorant of the facts. Congress introduced bill after bill trying to get this economy back on track just to have those bills held up by the Democrats.
Case in point: HR 1904 and the Ryan Plan

The only thing Obama has proposed was a jobs bill that the democratic controlled senate tabled.

My honest vote is all of congress. I think Republicans are blocking anything Obama proposes for the sake of dethroning him in 2012. Democrats, on the other hand, are inhibiting anything the House comes up because they are trying to save face from the embarrassing mid-term election results.

Obama, I think, is the only branch of government that is making a genuine effort to fix the economy. I think this not because I am democrat, but because it wouldn't make any sense politically for him not to try. His re-election largely depends on a stable economy.

If Obama really wanted to fix the economy he wouldn't be badmouthing everything and everybody that does not conform or agree with what he wants to do. He would've accepted the $800 billion in more revenue that Speaker Boehner put on the table last August. Or he would've supportted the $250 billion that Sen Toomey offered in increased revenue as part of a deal in the super committee that the dems shot down.

But no, he wants to run on the tax the rich issue in the election, he really doesn't have much else to take to the voters. So even if it's bad for the country he'll pass up a deal so he can get re-elected.

Who benefits if the economy continues in the doldrums?

Who has the power of NO to see that happens?

Actually, the left does. If the economy is running smoothly and people are self-sufficient, leftist ideology of government dependence becomes obsolete.

I agree. Obama is trying very hard, it's just that his plan sucks and has failed.

Forum List

Back