Who do you think are God's chosen people?

This may help give you a little history on the word jew. Jew (word) - Wikipedia
I've always been taught that the Jews were chosen to be the keepers of the Word of God or God's covenant was with them, and as a Christian there was a new covenant made after Christ, with us.

I'm not certain what all that means???
One who walks by 'Faith'. It is one who believes, these are those given first by the spirit in order to share with the whole. New and Old are both relevant.

The word of God, was wrote by many men.
Historically people have had experiences of the divine and it is recorded as such. I know a lot of people do not consider that God can use anyone at any time to leave a message but the truth is he can. It is up to us to look and seek it all out in truth. Choosing that which is good helps for those lacking in the discernment part. Most people know what is 'good', doing right and what is 'bad', doing wrong.
Right and wrong are subjective, just ask those who were stretched on the rack by the Catholic church.
My concern is for what is being done today in God's name.
People have been doing both good and bad "in God's name" (or other deity's) for all of recorded history. Many times because "they are the chosen people".

Historically people have had experiences of the divine and it is recorded as such. I know a lot of people do not consider that God can use anyone at any time to leave a message but the truth is he can. It is up to us to look and seek it all out in truth. Choosing that which is good helps for those lacking in the discernment part. Most people know what is 'good', doing right and what is 'bad', doing wrong.
Right and wrong are subjective, just ask those who were stretched on the rack by the Catholic church.
People have been doing both good and bad "in God's name" (or other deity's) for all of recorded history. Many times because "they are the chosen people".
I know and people suffer from it when they do that.

Agreed. The Westboro Baptists and Christian Identity groups are two examples of this phenomenon.

Agreed. The Westboro Baptists and Christian Identity groups are two examples of this phenomenon.
One could not possibly count the examples of it here in this world.

There are a lot of negative examples but there are more positive examples. We tend to remember the negative more than the positive. I don't understand why. Example, people are more likely to think something is evil or driven by Satan than something is good and driven by God.

There are a lot of negative examples but there are more positive examples. We tend to remember the negative more than the positive. I don't understand why. Example, people are more likely to think something is evil or driven by Satan than something is good and driven by God.
Satan is merely an adversary. That is what it means. An ugly one mind you but still an adversarial spirit of an antichrist.

Satan is merely an adversary. That is what it means. An ugly one mind you but still an adversarial spirit of an antichrist.
And one that was created by and weaker than God. ;)

Thank you. Greed can always a problem among humans but so can envy, pride, resentment and other things. I think starting out from poverty makes it very hard for some but also too much can do worse if one believes that they are absolutely entitled and have become spoiled. I've seen both and many things in between. I have lived in poverty and have done very well at times both have there moments to learn from if we are paying attention.

Your story reminds me of people who also drive by another broke down along the road without ever thinking to stop and see if they can help. Some live in such fear now do to the overloads and crimes in city areas too. I've traveled with a large dog with me at all times for years so have stopped for many to help when I am out and about. I don't think I would go into some areas of some of our cities now though and that is a shame that it has been allowed to get so bad. I also noticed some real bitterness and distrust that is not necessary among people in city areas and country areas alike. (here we live among thieves and that also creates a lot of problems for people- greed can be attributed in that case to)

I watched a documentary about trying to get food to areas of famine. The rebel/thugs would steal the food and sell it so the people starving were not getting it. They would run and pick up whatever they could and when the rebels got close they would run. Either the beans needed to be dispersed in a manner that the rebels wouldn't trouble themselves or the people needed guardians to make sure that what was intended for them got to them.

Summation, how do you provide 'love one another' and the basics to get there when a lot of the people refuse to do that and serpents have been allowed into the city by the people? It has to get to a point that those people want help or you would just be considered an invader.
"...how do you provide 'love one another'..."? If I'm going to be blunt, you don't. Just take out the "provide", take out the "one another" and just "love". Walk your own path as you see fit. Don't let me or anyone else tell you how to live your life. Because you're not going to change anyone that doesn't want (or can't see) the change. Spiritual change is internal. But that's where the work begins. The first step for me, is not lying to myself. We all do. Everyday. Every one of us. However, the more times you are aware of this, the more you will start to benefit.

Just don't get too frustrated when people don't see what you're seeing, even if you're trying to help them. It's like, how can you (the figurative 'you', not the literal 'you') expect someone to be a caring person, if they've never been in a caring environment? How does someone love, if they've never experienced love themselves? Why does a woman who grew up with an abusive father, ends up marrying an abusive husband? Because many times, its all they know. It's familiar. Doing things that are not familiar, is scary. People fear the unfamiliar. They are comfortable with what is familiar to them.

No matter how many times I tell these neocons on this website that when we bomb other countries, "we" are the terrorists! We are the illegal immigrants. But then it's like turning on the faucet of hate. Don't you dare say anything bad about the red, white and blue. Is it because they don't see how bad it is for anyone getting bombed? Or is love of country over thick and thin, is all they know.

Thank you. Greed can always a problem among humans but so can envy, pride, resentment and other things. I think starting out from poverty makes it very hard for some but also too much can do worse if one believes that they are absolutely entitled and have become spoiled. I've seen both and many things in between. I have lived in poverty and have done very well at times both have there moments to learn from if we are paying attention.

Your story reminds me of people who also drive by another broke down along the road without ever thinking to stop and see if they can help. Some live in such fear now do to the overloads and crimes in city areas too. I've traveled with a large dog with me at all times for years so have stopped for many to help when I am out and about. I don't think I would go into some areas of some of our cities now though and that is a shame that it has been allowed to get so bad. I also noticed some real bitterness and distrust that is not necessary among people in city areas and country areas alike. (here we live among thieves and that also creates a lot of problems for people- greed can be attributed in that case to)

I watched a documentary about trying to get food to areas of famine. The rebel/thugs would steal the food and sell it so the people starving were not getting it. They would run and pick up whatever they could and when the rebels got close they would run. Either the beans needed to be dispersed in a manner that the rebels wouldn't trouble themselves or the people needed guardians to make sure that what was intended for them got to them.

Summation, how do you provide 'love one another' and the basics to get there when a lot of the people refuse to do that and serpents have been allowed into the city by the people? It has to get to a point that those people want help or you would just be considered an invader.
"...how do you provide 'love one another'..."? If I'm going to be blunt, you don't. Just take out the "provide", take out the "one another" and just "love". Walk your own path as you see fit. Don't let me or anyone else tell you how to live your life. Because you're not going to change anyone that doesn't want (or can't see) the change. Spiritual change is internal. But that's where the work begins. The first step for me, is not lying to myself. We all do. Everyday. Every one of us. However, the more times you are aware of this, the more you will start to benefit.

Just don't get too frustrated when people don't see what you're seeing, even if you're trying to help them. It's like, how can you (the figurative 'you', not the literal 'you') expect someone to be a caring person, if they've never been in a caring environment? How does someone love, if they've never experienced love themselves? Why does a woman who grew up with an abusive father, ends up marrying an abusive husband? Because many times, its all they know. It's familiar. Doing things that are not familiar, is scary. People fear the unfamiliar. They are comfortable with what is familiar to them.

No matter how many times I tell these neocons on this website that when we bomb other countries, "we" are the terrorists! We are the illegal immigrants. But then it's like turning on the faucet of hate. Don't you dare say anything bad about the red, white and blue. Is it because they don't see how bad it is for anyone getting bombed? Or is love of country over thick and thin, is all they know.
Did we ever claim to be saints?

Can't say that I disagree with you on some of your points, Billy, but I do not agree with all of them.

My husband is a patriot. He hasn't forgotten foreigners that were here attacking his base on our soil and our troops being told to stand down in 1978.

We have no clue from a distance what goes on in the minds of others or all those security briefings of those who are in charge of making sure our country is safe. We only see a portion of what transpires. I can tell you that good will always prevail over evil and if we see something wrong and we can do something about it we should. Not to be busy bodies but to try to assist if possible where we can and speak out when we see unjust things if we can't do anything else.

People are afraid in many cases when they are unaware of what the next step will be. The unknown does that for some, they get comfy and have safe places (well they think their safe anyhow) that they are unwilling to step out of and look for truth. There are also people that truly do believe that it is up to them to force others into their own beliefs. That happens in all areas not just religions. In that same note I don't appreciate someone else making a/or foisting on me their decision that would put me or my family at risk.

Can't say that I disagree with you on some of your points, Billy, but I do not agree with all of them.

My husband is a patriot. He hasn't forgotten foreigners that were here attacking his base on our soil and our troops being told to stand down in 1978.

We have no clue from a distance what goes on in the minds of others or all those security briefings of those who are in charge of making sure our country is safe. We only see a portion of what transpires. I can tell you that good will always prevail over evil and if we see something wrong and we can do something about it we should. Not to be busy bodies but to try to assist if possible where we can and speak out when we see unjust things if we can't do anything else.

People are afraid in many cases when they are unaware of what the next step will be. The unknown does that for some, they get comfy and have safe places (well they think their safe anyhow) that they are unwilling to step out of and look for truth. There are also people that truly do believe that it is up to them to force others into their own beliefs. That happens in all areas not just religions. In that same note I don't appreciate someone else making a/or foisting on me their decision that would put me or my family at risk.
I understand what you are saying. I also think disagreement is a healthy part of a conversation. I'd rather have someone come up to my face and say, "Fuck you!", than someone who comes up and says, "Hey buddy" with one hand, while the other one is stabbing you in the back. People who know me, know there isn't anything I would say behind your back, that I wouldn't say to your face. I guess that's my conservative side.

Forum List

Back