who do you help first?

• The poor here in the US

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • The poor in other countries

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I give to charities and let them decide

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
I do believe "charity begins at home" and I do volunteer work at a hospital and at a "not-for-profit art gallery, in my hometown. I have also donated money for third world disasters. This leaves me time to work for compensation, part time. :) A well-designed balanced life.

How many believe we have a responsibility to the poor? and does your opinion match your religious views? Who would you help first a poor person in another country or a poor person in the US? why?

The government ensures that I help the poor with my taxes that they collect at gunpoint. God Bless Uncle Sam.

My 501 (c) 3's raison d etre is international in scope and serves the entire commonweal of mankind.

QUOTE]

oh? get back to us when all those kids learning to read realize what the world's handing them.....

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsrA2fMn0sk&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - B.B.King- nobody knows you when you're down and out[/ame]

everybody!.......

How many believe we have a responsibility to the poor? and does your opinion match your religious views? Who would you help first a poor person in another country or a poor person in the US? why?

We have no responsibility to help the poor. It's just something we do because we can. We're wealthy enough in this society to help people. It shouldn't be law or be forced, especially when it helps the left buy votes for Democrats. It shouldn't be part of what the federal government does.

Democrats buy votes using our money against our will. The left claims that subsidies or tax-cuts to businesses, what they call fat-cats, are wrong, but I contend that helping out businesses provides job growth. All we get from helping the poor is votes for Democrats. That is total bull shit.

Last edited:
I help:
My brother 65 year old Nam Vet with no service injuries. He has schizophrenia.
My niece who is in nursing school.
My 2 nephews that have a mother that has Lupus.
My sister that has Lupus.
My mother is 87 and widowed.
My sister has lung cancer. Took her to doctors every day last week.
My father died last May and I helped him
I have a senior in high school and donated time and $$ for her activities. Same with my boys when they were in school.
Family first. No time for anything else.

>>>>>>>>>>

If all our misfortunes were laid in one common heap, whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be content to take their own and depart.
- Socrates

We have no responsibility to help the poor. It's just something we do because we can. We're wealthy enough in this society to help people. It shouldn't be law or be forced, especially when it helps the left buy votes for Democrats. It shouldn't be part of what the federal government does.

actually, we're the richest nation on this rock MWhistle, so why are 1 outta 6 of us (statistically) on any assistance at all?

I give time and or money to individuals that need a hand. If I see a motorcycle broke down on the road I'l stop to help. I carry a 7.5 gallon gas can in my truck to help out stranded motorists. I'm willing to help out a friend or neighbor with a loan, some labor or a meal when needed. I do not donate to organized panhandlers or major charities that use most of what they collect advertising for more donations. One Christmas day, I was headed from my in-laws' to home and came upon a young couple with a small child who had shredded a tire. The husband had enough cash for gas to make it home, but not enough for a tire. I bought them a tire and a meal while it was being mounted.

I do not donate to organized panhandlers or major charities that use most of what they collect advertising for more donations.

Or worse, PAY someone an exorbitantly disgusting fee to beg for said charity when those funds could be used to feed, clothe, get meds for so many in need.

I give time and or money to individuals that need a hand. If I see a motorcycle broke down on the road I'l stop to help. I carry a 7.5 gallon gas can in my truck to help out stranded motorists. I'm willing to help out a friend or neighbor with a loan, some labor or a meal when needed. I do not donate to organized panhandlers or major charities that use most of what they collect advertising for more donations. One Christmas day, I was headed from my in-laws' to home and came upon a young couple with a small child who had shredded a tire. The husband had enough cash for gas to make it home, but not enough for a tire. I bought them a tire and a meal while it was being mounted.

IN a former life i was a trucker, stopped for alotta those 'broke down and look lost' sorts

proritizing>

1) mothers with little one's

2) little old ladies

3) old timers

4) the rest of the world

and dead last>

suit and tie looking at the flat tire in total contempt (i usually pulled my air horns and waved g'day!)

Democrats buy votes using our money against our will. The left claims that subsidies or tax-cuts to businesses, what they call fat-cats, are wrong, but I contend that helping out businesses provides job growth. All we get from helping the poor is votes for Democrats. That is total bull shit.

You must spread yada yada....

Forum List

Back