who do you donate to?

Eva's kitchen
God's love we deliver (time and money to both of these)
food for the poor
we sponsor two children. one in honduras one in peru.

It's hard when you sponsor afar. I stick with the Menno's and their work because I know there is no skimming and they do hands on.

we get letters from the kids we sponsor. the girl, quite often. the boy, ususally only at christmas and his birthday. they seem to be doing well and it sounds like they benefit from it.

I make direct donations after I have seen the facts on the ground myself and get to know who is doing what. If it`s on the level then you also won`t have any problems as far as accountability is concerned. This one here I stopped after my friends in Guatemala were assassinated by communist "insurgents".
donationsx.jpg

Now that I`m retired I don`t travel too far abroad any more and I confine my activities to my neighborhood

Eva's kitchen
God's love we deliver (time and money to both of these)
food for the poor
we sponsor two children. one in honduras one in peru.

It's hard when you sponsor afar. I stick with the Menno's and their work because I know there is no skimming and they do hands on.

we get letters from the kids we sponsor. the girl, quite often. the boy, ususally only at christmas and his birthday. they seem to be doing well and it sounds like they benefit from it.

Sounds like the "Christian Childrens fund". There is a lot wrong with that organization. The last I heard they took "Christian" off their name (third name change since I dealt with them). They have a lot of paid personell on the ground and higher paid managers. Only around 20% of donations actually make it to those they are "helping".

Children's food programs, Toys for Tots, Food Pantry, Battered Women's shelter, spay/neuter program -

All local.
Always local.

Forum List

Back