CDZ Who do the Ds have and Does it Matter?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
This is going to be a short OP.

The Ds have a very short bench:

A minority of state houses, senators and representatives.

Dumping the nominee in the middle of a campaign is a sign of incompetence.

Rigging the primaries and accusations of rigging the general election coming up are not good. Trump guaranteeing charges of fraud and corruption backed by facts will not be appealing to possible replacements.

Hillary may have poisoned the well with her deplorables speech and Obama is certainly doing so with his Syrian refugees policy and Gitmo.

So what will the DNC do about Hillary?

Rigging the primaries and accusations of rigging the general election coming up are not good. Trump guaranteeing charges of fraud and corruption backed by facts will not be appealing to possible replacements.

Hillary may have poisoned the well with her deplorables speech and Obama is certainly doing so with his Syrian refugees policy and Gitmo.

If she falls ill she will probably be replaced. If she maintains she may win.

It is comical to think these are our TWO choices. The hateful race baiting fear monger and crooked Hillary.

I am likely to vote for any candidate besides Trump. Fear of NAZI's and racism in America is too motivational for me.

The GOP has 24 Senate seats up for grabs versus 10 for Dems, the GOP will hold the House easily regardless. The Dems' primaries are always rigged, so that's not a new influence, but they're probably hoping the can wheel the old criminal hag into the Inauguration and then she resigns leaving the VP as Prez for the four year term. He's as much a stooge as she is so no real difference as far as the DNC is concerned.

At the rate Hillary is driving away D votes and ruining the D franchise I think the Ds may not manage the otherwise automatic taking back of the senate.

Any of the following would be fool enough to sub for Hillary when she steps down...up to you to rank them. In order of stupidity, that is:

John Fukkin Kerry

Fauxahontas

Joe Bidet....errrr.....Biden

I'm guessing Fauxahontas is the most motivated but may have a shred too much intelligence to meet The Soros Standard.

Last edited:
At the rate Hillary is driving away D votes and ruining the D franchise I think the Ds may not manage the otherwise automatic taking back of the senate.

It's all negative campaigning on the Dem's part, and that tactic is used to reduce the other side's turnout at the polls, not win new votes for your side, so it's not effective against Trump, as his replies to their inanities are often more effective at making them look like venal twats, and she can point to no Democratic record worth bragging about, already alienated a lot of the Dem left wing, and isn't going to get voters from Trump. All Trump has to do is keep focusing on policy more often, and let the Dems do what they do on this board, just babble idiotic imaginary 'talking points' they're fed every day from the usual rather dim-witted hacks who program them, and then resort to ad homs endlessly, not a recipe for winning over anybody.

It's all negative campaigning on the Dem's part, and that tactic is used to reduce the other side's turnout at the polls, not win new votes for your side, so it's not effective against Trump, as his replies to their inanities are often more effective at making them look like venal twats, and she can point to no Democratic record worth bragging about, already alienated a lot of the Dem left wing, and isn't going to get voters from Trump. All Trump has to do is keep focusing on policy more often, and let the Dems do what they do on this board, just babble idiotic imaginary 'talking points' they're fed every day from the usual rather dim-witted hacks who program them, and then resort to ad homs endlessly, not a recipe for winning over anybody.

Pretty much nails it.

I would go with Bernie to make peace within the party and start rehabilitating the Democratic party.

This may be 1944 redux, when a dying FDR was kept hidden from public view and died six months after the election. In the meantime, he consigned Eastern Europe to 50 years of Communist dictatorships. Thank God the haberdasher from Missouri went along with dropping the Bomb on Japan.

Forum List

Back