Who Didn't See This One Coming? ( grr )

lets put it like this Bo....its real easy to say the workers cost to much,especially at contract time....but yet they have NO problems giving their Managers some pretty hefty bonuses,even in the bad times....they have NO problems spending money on things that are not needed,like these GPS units they are going to install,at this time when they say they are broke....they have NO problems,sending 4 people making 70 thou a year to Audit an office,and these people just walk around telling the Supervisors that this should not be here,and this word on the case were misthrown mail is put is not the proper term the PO uses,BS things like that......they have NO problems spending MILLIONS to condense the cases were we put up our mail,to be told by every carrier and Supervisor that we cant do that, they wont be able to get the daily mail up and ready for delivery,IT ALL WONT FIT IN THE CASE....but they did it anyway....and low and behold mail was now being cut back in droves because of the obvious.....3 months later they had to put things back like it was....but guess what...they threw away all the equipment....so now they had to spend who knows how much to purchase new stuff ......and all kinds of OT for the carriers to catch up on the delayed mail.....you have to work in this place to fully understand what im talking about....Management waste is their main problem....

It's boe - with a E, s'il te plait.

Who should I believe: your spin or my own lyin' eyes?

The financial statements tally up where the money goes. Is there waste an fraud in the non-labor expense? Undoubtedly. We'd be hard-pressed to find any government sponsored program or entity which did not succumb to the moral hazard of unfettered access to other people's money.

But when 81% of revenue goes to labor - that is the major part of the cost structure problem. These are unionized jobs - to absolve the union of responsibility for the situation is disingenuous.

The USPS is a study in why government shouldn't run anything. You make it all but illegal to compete against them, create a massive economy of scale and put the vast financial resources of the government behind them. What do you get? A bankrupt system of inefficency.

Only fools and the insane would trust their children's education and personal health and welfare to such a government.

lets put it like this Bo....its real easy to say the workers cost to much,especially at contract time....but yet they have NO problems giving their Managers some pretty hefty bonuses,even in the bad times....they have NO problems spending money on things that are not needed,like these GPS units they are going to install,at this time when they say they are broke....they have NO problems,sending 4 people making 70 thou a year to Audit an office,and these people just walk around telling the Supervisors that this should not be here,and this word on the case were misthrown mail is put is not the proper term the PO uses,BS things like that......they have NO problems spending MILLIONS to condense the cases were we put up our mail,to be told by every carrier and Supervisor that we cant do that, they wont be able to get the daily mail up and ready for delivery,IT ALL WONT FIT IN THE CASE....but they did it anyway....and low and behold mail was now being cut back in droves because of the obvious.....3 months later they had to put things back like it was....but guess what...they threw away all the equipment....so now they had to spend who knows how much to purchase new stuff ......and all kinds of OT for the carriers to catch up on the delayed mail.....you have to work in this place to fully understand what im talking about....Management waste is their main problem....

It's boe - with a E, s'il te plait.

Who should I believe: your spin or my own lyin' eyes?

The financial statements tally up where the money goes. Is there waste an fraud in the non-labor expense? Undoubtedly. We'd be hard-pressed to find any government sponsored program or entity which did not succumb to the moral hazard of unfettered access to other people's money.

But when 81% of revenue goes to labor - that is the major part of the cost structure problem. These are unionized jobs - to absolve the union of responsibility for the situation is disingenuous.
well if you worked for the place....you would not believe your lyin eyes....and you would not think i am spinning anything....Management is the problem in the PO....

just an aside, and probably inapplicable, but 1/2 of my mail is solicitations and spam i didn't ask for....

just an aside, and probably inapplicable, but 1/2 of my mail is solicitations and spam i didn't ask for....

you would have to take that up with the mailers .....there is a number you can call and it is supposed to be pretty effective deleting your address from the bulk mail lists...

Forum List

Back