Who Changed The Talking Points?

For those that don't want to rely on the FoxNews story, I also included a link to a government media source.

Petraeus testifies CIA's Libya talking points were changed, lawmaker says
Published November 16, 2012
FoxNews.com

Former CIA Director David Petraeus testified in a closed-door hearing Friday morning that his agency determined immediately after the Sept. 11 Libya attack that "Al Qaeda involvement" was suspected -- but the line was taken out in the final version circulated to administration officials, according to a top lawmaker who was briefed.

Read more: Petraeus testifies CIA's Libya talking points were changed, lawmaker says | Fox News
Rep. King: CIA story on Benghazi changed

Former CIA Director David Petraeus told the House Intelligence Committee today that it's unclear why the Obama administration's original talking points on the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, don't match the CIA's original talking points.

House Intel chair: CIA story on Benghazi changed - CBS News

What's the big deal? Maybe they wanted to keep that possibly classified information secret until they investigated it further. I think that you people have a better avenue to criticize the Administration about the operation there itself instead of stupid semantics, the fact is it was an attack, the attack was reported. The "reason why" not so much at that point. Maybe they did that to keep the possible AQ operatives off guard so they can pursue them and TCB on them.

For those that don't want to rely on the FoxNews story, I also included a link to a government media source.

FoxNews.com

Former CIA Director David Petraeus testified in a closed-door hearing Friday morning that his agency determined immediately after the Sept. 11 Libya attack that "Al Qaeda involvement" was suspected -- but the line was taken out in the final version circulated to administration officials, according to a top lawmaker who was briefed.

Read more: Petraeus testifies CIA's Libya talking points were changed, lawmaker says | Fox News

Former CIA Director David Petraeus told the House Intelligence Committee today that it's unclear why the Obama administration's original talking points on the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, don't match the CIA's original talking points.

What's the big deal? Maybe they wanted to keep that possibly classified information secret until they investigated it further. I think that you people have a better avenue to criticize the Administration about the operation there itself instead of stupid semantics, the fact is it was an attack, the attack was reported. The "reason why" not so much at that point. Maybe they did that to keep the possible AQ operatives off guard so they can pursue them and TCB on them.

Lots of MAYBE's going on right there!! Lol!
The point is, they lied to us. AND.....we still haven't gotten an answer as to why when they asked for help they were turned down! When there was help within a hour away...but they were told to stand down. Who told them this? Why did they just let those people die without TRYING to do something for them?

By all means righties, keep bashing on this issue.....
You do not realize how fucking unpresidential Obama is, do you?

This is a serious dereliction of duty and a complete ignoring of his oath!

Obama is a goddamned failure!

You libs just can't stand to learn the truth about his sorry ass!

FoxNews.com

I'm not sure what's classified about a terrorist attack on an embassy.
But let's say so. Why would they put out a completely fallacious story on the event? Just say "No comment." Or "We are investigating." Which is what is commonly done.

Things dupes haven't heard:

!. Help arrived at the semi-consulate within 25 minutes.
2. 20+ other embassies were attacked before Bengazi the same day because of that video.

Now the CIA has talking points? Pub dupe idiocy knows no bounds...change the channel.

2. 20+ other embassies were attacked before Bengazi the same day because of that video.

Now the CIA has talking points? Pub dupe idiocy knows no bounds...change the channel.

Show us the list of those twenty embassies that were attacked before Benghazi.

You keep posting facts and asking for them as well and you and I are going to have a real problem. Got it? :eusa_angel:

I have Francho on ignore....then you guys quote him and i can see what he's saying! Thanks a lot! :)

What i'd like to see is a link to is the PROOF that help arrived within 25 minutes!!! Haven't heard that one yet!

FoxNews.com

Lots of MAYBE's going on right there!! Lol!
The point is, they lied to us. AND.....we still haven't gotten an answer as to why when they asked for help they were turned down! When there was help within a hour away...but they were told to stand down. Who told them this? Why did they just let those people die without TRYING to do something for them?

People who are intelligent and objective will have a lot of "maybes" when the details are still murky and we are dealing with the intelligence community. Were is a solid factual account stating that they were told to "stand down"? Who allegedly told them to "stand down"?

FoxNews.com

I'm not sure what's classified about a terrorist attack on an embassy.
But let's say so. Why would they put out a completely fallacious story on the event? Just say "No comment." Or "We are investigating." Which is what is commonly done.
I 100% agree. they also could have stated that their initial assessment was the thing about the video and that they are still investigating the matter and will bring the attackers to justice.
Like I stated before, there are a LOT of people trying to use this as a political football against the Administration. This war of semantics shows those folks to be pretty petty idiots. I DO think that they should investigate what happened procedurally regarding rescuing the Americans who were on the ground there in Benghazi.

Forum List

Back