Who changed the Benghazi talking points?

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Who changed the Benghazi talking points?​

By: Sharyl Attkisson
November 28, 2012

Who within the Obama administration deleted mention of "terrorism" and "al-Qaeda" from the CIA's talking points on the deadly Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi?

It isn't the only unanswered question in the wake of the tragedy, but it's proven to be one of the most confounding.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Who changed the Benghazi talking points? - CBS News

Who changed the Benghazi talking points?

as the commentary points out, who believed WMD were in Iraqi - the CIA.

And why do they have talking points? It seems that no one today has an original idea or opinion.

Who cares?

Supposedly you do, to have written that.

Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria

The history books on this issue shouldn’t be written just yet.​

by: Ryan Mauro
June 6, 2010

Ha’aretz has revived the mystery surrounding the inability to find weapons of mass destruction stockpiles in Iraq, the most commonly cited justification for Operation Iraqi Freedom and one of the most embarrassing episodes for the United States. Satellite photos of a suspicious site in Syria are providing new support for the reporting of a Syrian journalist who briefly rocked the world with his reporting that Iraq’s WMD had been sent to three sites in Syria just before the invasion commenced.

The newspaper reveals that a 200 square-kilometer area in northwestern Syria has been photographed by satellites at the request of a Western intelligence agency at least 16 times, the most recent being taken in January. The site is near Masyaf, and it has at least five installations and hidden paths leading underneath the mountains. This supports the reporting of Nizar Nayouf, an award-winning Syrian journalist who said in 2004 that his sources confirmed that Saddam Hussein’s WMDs were in Syria.

One of the three specific sites he mentioned was an underground base underneath Al-Baida, which is one kilometer south of Masyaf. This is a perfect match. The suspicious features in the photos and the fact that a Western intelligence agency is so interested in the site support Nayouf’s reporting, showing that his sources in Syria did indeed have access to specific information about secret activity that is likely WMD-related. Richard Radcliffe, one of my co-writers at WorldThreats.com, noticed that Masyaf is located on a road that goes from Hamah, where there is an airfield sufficient to handle relatively large aircraft, into Lebanon and the western side of the Bekaa Valley, another location said to house Iraqi weapons.

It seems to be commonly accepted that Iraq did not have WMDs at all. The intelligence was obviously flawed, but the book has not been closed on what actually happened. The media blasted the headline that Charles Duelfer, the head of the Iraq Survey Group tasked with finding out if Saddam had WMDs, concluded that a transfer did not occur. In reality, his report said they were “unable to complete its investigation and is unable to rule out the possibility that WMD was evacuated to Syria before the war” due to the poor security situation.

Although no conclusion was made, Duelfer has since said that he is “convinced” that no WMD went to Syria. He is a competent and credible individual, but there is evidence that key information on this possibility was not received by the Iraq Survey Group, which had many of its own problems.

On February 24, 2009, I went to see a talk Duelfer gave at the Free Library of Philadelphia to promote his book. He admitted there were some “loose ends” regarding the possibility that Iraqi WMD went to Syria, but dismissed them. Among these “loose ends,” Duelfer said, was the inability to track down the Iraqis who worked for a company connected to Uday Hussein that sources said had driven “sensitive” material into Syria. A Pentagon document reveals that an Iraqi dissident reported that 50 trucks crossed the border on March 10, 2003, and that his sources in Syria confirmed they carried WMD. These trucks have been talked about frequently and remain a mystery.

During the question-and-answer period and during a follow-up interview, Duelfer made several interesting statements to me that reinforced my confidence that such a transfer occurred, although we can not be sure of the extent of it.

General Georges Sada, the former second-in-command of the Iraqi Air Force, claimed in his 2006 book that he knew two Iraqi pilots that flew WMD into Syria over the summer of 2002, which came before a later shipment on the ground. I asked Duelfer if Nizar Nayouf or the two Iraqi pilots were spoken with.

“I did not interview the pilots nor did I speak with the Syrian journalist you mentioned,” he said. “We were inundated with WMD reports and could not investigate them all. … To narrow the problem, we investigated those people and places we knew would have either been involved or aware of regime WMD activities.”

He then told me that the lack of testimony about such dealings is what convinced him that “a lot of material went to Syria, but no WMD.” He cited the testimony of Naji Sabri, the former Iraqi foreign minister, in particular.

“I knew him very well, and I had been authorized to make his life a lot better, or a lot worse,” he told me.

Continued on Next Page ->

Read more:
PJ Media » Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria

So there were WMD in Iraq just bfore the invasion. Bush was right.

Reminder to everyone, Wehrwolfen is 80 years old, so I guess we are, in a way, by humoring him,

caregivers.

Sorry to burst your bubble, But I'm not 80. But that's okay. I understand you're the drooler around here with the scooter chair.

Who changed the Benghazi talking points?​

By: Sharyl Attkisson
November 28, 2012

Who within the Obama administration deleted mention of "terrorism" and "al-Qaeda" from the CIA's talking points on the deadly Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi?

It isn't the only unanswered question in the wake of the tragedy, but it's proven to be one of the most confounding.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Who changed the Benghazi talking points? - CBS News

Background on who requested the talking points and how/why they were changed:

LINK:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...gence-committee-asked-for-talking-points.html

Republicans are stupid. No wonder our government is so screwed up. If they really wanted the answers, they are there for the finding and asking the right people, doing some research and investigating.

Republicans are not satisfied and want to know why Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also seemed to embrace the video storyline, relying on evidence that proved far more tenuous than the links to terror. The father of Benghazi victim Tyrone Woods has said that Clinton made no mention of the terrorists who killed his son, but told him the U.S. would "make sure that the person who made that [YouTube video] is arrested and prosecuted."

Witnesses at the consulate were TOLD by the perpetrators (who they recognized as being sympathizers to AlQaeda) they were attacking the embassy because of the video. Who knows if this was just an additional reason they did it and planned it or if they were just talking out their asses, but THAT is what they said and why officials thought perhaps there was a link to the video and the attacks!

What do eyewitnesses say about the events in Benghazi? Were they related to the insulting video, or is that a red herring? And was the assault planned for the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, or was it spontaneous?
[According to reporting by David D. Kirkpatrick and Suliman Ali Zway of The New York Times, eyewitnesses have said there was no peaceful demonstration against the video outside the compound before the attack, though a crowd of Benghazi residents soon gathered, and some later looted the compound. But the attackers, recognized as members of a local militant group called Ansar al-Shariah, did tell bystanders that they were attacking the compound because they were angry about the video. They did not mention the Sept. 11 anniversary. Intelligence officials believe that planning for the attack probably began only a few hours before it took place.
LINK

Last edited:
Nobody except ODS sufferers and John McCain give a flying fuck.

Is that like ODS Democrats and WaterGate? At least no one died then. But we find that both presidents lied. The latest is Barack Hussein Obama Jr., his multiple lies and conspiracy after the fact. That is worse.

zombie.jpg

Benghaaaaazi...

Is that like ODS Democrats and WaterGate? At least no one died then. But we find that both presidents lied. The latest is Barack Hussein Obama Jr., his multiple lies and conspiracy after the fact. That is worse.

Again, please qoute the lies or conspiricies you claim President Obama made or was part of.

Obama throws Rice at media, distracts reporters from White House silence on Egypt"

It is sexist and racist to criticize a potential SOS nominee for knowingly misleading the American public, if she is a Dem. If she is a Republican, it is not sexist or racist to call her a house-Negro, because you disagree with her.

Sens Ayotte, McCain, and Graham were underwhelmed yesterday, and it looks like noted sexist Sen Collins has some fairly pointed questions she would like answered today, even though Carnie assures us there are no remaining unanswered questions.

Update – like Fast & Furious, etc …. The complicit MsM either characterizes criticism as political so it can be disregarded, or simply ignores the controversy altogether.

No. With Watergate an actual crime took place.

Forum List

Back