Who Cares What the Rest of the World Thinks

Of course you can do business with any country regardless of what they think of you. It's just a lot harder to be business with people that hate your guts.

Not really. It's all about the money. And you are dealing with an individual, not a country as a whole. I jave personally met many Arabs I like, even Palestinians.
I'd say you've failed to make your case here.

mighty white of you. :lol:
I was in Europe after we invaded Iraq. Anti-american feelings were running somewhere between disdain and out right hatred. Luckily I wasn't trying to sell anything. You are dead wrong if you think marketing is just about offering the best product at the best price. The image that people have of your country and it's leaders are important. If that image conveys the message that Americans respect them and their government, the going is lot easier and more profitable.

Not really. It's all about the money. And you are dealing with an individual, not a country as a whole. I jave personally met many Arabs I like, even Palestinians.
I'd say you've failed to make your case here.

mighty white of you. :lol:
I was in Europe after we invaded Iraq. Anti-american feelings were running somewhere between disdain and out right hatred. Luckily I wasn't trying to sell anything. You are dead wrong if you think marketing is just about offering the best product at the best price. The image that people have of your country and it's leaders are important. If that image conveys the message that Americans respect them and their government, the going is lot easier and more profitable.

You are comparing a business relationship with your experiences as a tourist? WTF??
No, you have not made your case at all. Total failure. Sorry.

I don't care what they think... only actions.. and if those actions threaten or harm our country, then wipe those fuckers off the map...

So then by your line of thinking, Iran, who the US threatens on a near-constant basis and Cuba who we have embargoed and sanctioned and North Korea who we've threatened regularly for years and assured are starved and technologically backward, all have the right to wipe the U.S. off the map?

All it takes is an action that threatens a country and that country is justified in wiping another nation off the map apparently.

There's a famous Iranian fella I think you'd get along with.

When a threat is an imminent danger... yes indeed... for, as we saw with the likes of other terror attacks, waiting for them to actually strike first is not doing what is right....

IMHO if Iran goes further towards nukes and the development of long range missiles to deploy them... you warn, you send a plea to the people of Iran to do what they can to overthrow the regime that is making these threats, and if it continues, you take out the possibility of the Iranian regime of making the nukes and missiles... and if they try and retaliate again, you do what you can to eliminate every element of that regime

Ain't it funny though how the countries based on freedom, choice, and with an open representative government don't threaten other similar countries in today's world... but its these countries with tyrannical regimes and dictators that do... and you still have people on the left wing who thing that appeasement and coddling is how you approach these despots

Warts and all people are still risking their lives every day to get into our country illegally. And I wonder how many others in more far flung parts of the world wish they too were only a porous border away?

Ahh Globalism. Isn't it great? The Global Economy has only hurt American Workers in the end. It has made many of the rich a whole lot richer but average American Workers have been left way behind. Global trade is fine but somewhere along the line we forgot about our fellow Americans. The Global Economy has been great for many around the world but not for American Workers. Globalism/Internationalism is definitely way over-rated. I mean this in a political sense as well as economic sense.

Last edited:
Ahh Globalism. Isn't it great? The Global Economy has only hurt American Workers in the end. It has made many of the rich a whole lot richer but average American Workers have been left way behind. Global trade is fine but somewhere along the line we forgot about our fellow Americans. The Global Economy has been great for many around the world but not for American Workers. Globalism/Internationalism is definitely way over-rated.

Are you sure you're not a Democrat?

Ahh Globalism. Isn't it great? The Global Economy has only hurt American Workers in the end. It has made many of the rich a whole lot richer but average American Workers have been left way behind. Global trade is fine but somewhere along the line we forgot about our fellow Americans. The Global Economy has been great for many around the world but not for American Workers. Globalism/Internationalism is definitely way over-rated.

Yup i'm sure. Globalism only works when things are kept in balance. Globalism has hurt average American Workers especially. However it has hurt us all in the end. We are now mere slaves to the rest of the world at this point. It wouldn't take much to completely shut this nation down. We are no longer a self-sufficient and independent nation. We are living an illusion at this point. Just take a closer look at things. It really wouldn't take much to cripple this nation. There is no more balance in our Globalist/Internationalist tendencies. Gotta start thinking about Americans again and regain that balance. Globalism/Internationalism really is way over-rated.

Yup i'm sure. Globalism only works when things are kept in balance. Globalism has hurt average American Workers especially. However it has hurt us all in the end. We are now mere slaves to the rest of the world at this point. It wouldn't take much to completely shut this nation down. We are no longer a self-sufficient and independent nation. We are living an illusion at this point. Just take a closer look at things. It really wouldn't take much to cripple this nation. There is no more balance in our Globalist/Internationalist tendencies. Gotta start thinking about Americans again and regain that balance. Globalism/Internationalism really is way over-rated.

Bernie, is that you???
For the past decade, through both Republican and Democratic administrations, Washington has promoted a model of free market global capitalism that it claimed would benefit the great majority of people both at home and abroad. This model has failed.
Globalization Sanders

I will mention here that true conservatism has "free movement of labor and capital" as one of its cornerstones. Anything that impedes that is not conservativism but statism.

Yea but i still believe that Globalism/Internationalism both politically and economically is way over-rated. Just look at this BP oil spill calamity. Will they be held responsible? What will their punishment be if any? Kick BP's A*S out of my country. Their execs should probably be arrested. The damage they have done is almost impossible to fathom. It will last for many many years. So will they be held accountable? I'm not very optimistic about that. It's all just very sad in the end.

Yea but i still believe that Globalism/Internationalism both politically and economically is way over-rated. Just look at this BP oil spill calamity. Will they be held responsible? What will their punishment be if any? Kick BP's A*S out of my country. Their execs should probably be arrested. The damage they have done is almost impossible to fathom. It will last for many many years. So will they be held accountable? I'm not very optimistic about that. It's all just very sad in the end.

You mean like Exxon and the Valdez?

I don't care what they think... only actions.. and if those actions threaten or harm our country, then wipe those fuckers off the map...

If they are jealous, or think we stink, or think we're arrogant, or think we're nice for helping, or think whatever else is of no concern to me and should not be a concern of any other US citizen (especially politicians)
That attitude would fly 50 years ago but not today. Like it or not, we are very dependent on the rest of world.

and they on us ..... they all make the shit we all buy the shit ...money has no emotions and at the end of the day you all may hate each other but they need your money and you need their shit....and vica versa...no matter what you do in life half the people will be pissed....

You mean like Exxon and the Valdez?

This BP spill is worse than that. This is not just a ship leaking oil. This was a massive underground explosion that cannot be contained in any way. This Administration and BP have severely under-played how awful this thing really is. And shame on the MSM for under-playing it as well. This is much much worse than they're telling the people. So will BP be held accountable? Not likely i'm afraid. God bless the people of the Gulf Coast. They're gonna need all the blessings they can get.

So are you saying that Exxon did not pay any penalty for the Valdez? Or are you saying that BP won't?
What that has to do with free movement of labor and capital is beyond me. Maybe Obama should take BP over?

So are you saying that Exxon did not pay any penalty for the Valdez? Or are you saying that BP won't?
What that has to do with free movement of labor and capital is beyond me. Maybe Obama should take BP over?

Nope,kick BP out of my country instead. The damage they have done is actually almost impossible to fathom. This is not just a ship leaking oil. This was much much worse. I don't care how they do it just as long as they kick BP out of my country. In fact i might even support arresting BP execs. Hey just my opinion anyway.

On balance free trade has done more to hurt the American worker than anything else. The theory is wonderful but it just works against us.

For example: Under free trade, country A grows the worlds best and cheapest tomatoes and country B grows the worlds best and cheapest grapefruits. The world benefits by have wonderful grapefruits and tomatoes at a low price. Each country produces what it produces best. But... What happens when the government of country C decides to promote it's tomato and grapefruits by subsidizing the industry in order to create jobs and gain the support of the people. Country A and B can no longer compete resulting in a loss of jobs. Many of our major trading partners such as China and Japan heavily subside industries that are exporting to the US. When Airbus bids against Boeing, Airbus has a leg up on Boeing because they are heavily subsided by the EU. The US response is to lodge a protest via the WTO which rarely accomplishes anything. The only answers seem to be US government subsides which increase government spending or apply tariffs to punish those nations that are playing a different game. This is one place that globalization is killing us.

On balance free trade has done more to hurt the American worker than anything else. The theory is wonderful but it just works against us.

For example: Under free trade, country A grows the worlds best and cheapest tomatoes and country B grows the worlds best and cheapest grapefruits. The world benefits by have wonderful grapefruits and tomatoes at a low price. Each country produces what it produces best. But... What happens when the government of country C decides to promote it's tomato and grapefruits by subsidizing the industry in order to create jobs and gain the support of the people. Country A and B can no longer compete resulting in a loss of jobs. Many of our major trading partners such as China and Japan heavily subside industries that are exporting to the US. When Airbus bids against Boeing, Airbus has a leg up on Boeing because they are heavily subsided by the EU. The US response is to lodge a protest via the WTO which rarely accomplishes anything. The only answers seem to be US government subsides which increase government spending or apply tariffs to punish those nations that are playing a different game. This is one place that globalization is killing us.

No nation can subsidize its manufacturing to that extent. In any case I would be very happy for below market prices on imported tomatos or jets or whatever.

New Topics

Forum List

Back