Who can tell me

Secondly, approxamately half of Americans -for example- don't even show up to the polls...Abstention is not consent.

yes, it is

if you do not contest, you accept
That's not consent, that's compulsion.

if they weren't happy, they'd get their worthless asses to the polls or the armory
Pure speculative hallucination. You cannot speak for the mental states or actions/inactions of people you cannot possibly know.

You can't fly, either

so you choose not to jump off a cliff because accepting life on the ground beats the alternative

to argue that it's 'not consent' because their choices are limited is just foolish

Individual citizens have the authority to elect their government, but those who choose not to cast their vote do actually consent by absentation.
See what I mean?

"Consent" via sheer brute force.

Yes, I see what you mean. You're saying people feel powerless anyway because of the proverbial powers that be who prop up these candidates only to sell out their agenda to greedy corporations despite the public best interest.

It's only acceptance to the mobsters, who are the ones setting the parameters as to what constitutes the given "choices".

My existence is in no way any evidence of a debt to you or anyone else.

Dude: It can't be 'minority rule', because the majoity must agree to the conditions

minority rule is ultimately impossible because all systems are democracy in the end
Easily refuted popular myth.

First of all, force doesn't seek agreement with anyone...That's the point of it in the first place.

Secondly, approxamately half of Americans -for example- don't even show up to the polls...Abstention is not consent.

Add to that the losing side in the election, and it's clear that the grossly overrated "democracy" is indeed minoritry rule.

Of course abstention is consent.

If abstention were consent, we wouldn't need two concepts to describe them.

This intellectually bankrupt line of "reasoning" (for lack of a better term) reminds me of the Star Trek TNG episode, where Picard and Spock were being threatend by the Romulans with death if they didn't cooperate. To which Spock responded; "Since it is logical that you will kill us in any event, I choose not to cooperate".

I said differing concepts, not differing words to describe the same state.

You think adulation, love, and affection are equivalent states?

are you familiar with connotation?

Claiming abstention is consent is how the looter commandeers the consent of others.

Negative

it's reality

abstention implies consent

it differs from 'consent' only in that it implies a more passive form of consent, bordering on acceptance, whereas 'consent' implies active approval or agreement

the end result is the same

Claiming abstention is consent is how the looter commandeers the consent of others.

Negative

it's reality

it differs from 'consent' only in that it implies a more passive form of consent, bordering on acceptance, whereas 'consent' implies active approval or agreement

Pure Orwellean nonsense.

If a mugger waves a gun in your face, you are not consenting to be robbed merely because you do what he says and fork over your wallet.

Negative

it's reality

Pure Orwellean nonsense.

If a mugger waves a gun in your face, you are not consenting to be robbed merely because you do what he says and fork over your wallet.

You are choosing to hand over the wallet instead of risking getting shot

life sucks and one rarely has the options one wishes

in the end, it was your decision

your example actually describes perfectly the reason we enter into social contract

now we contact some allies charged with capturing those who violate the alw (we call them polive)

upon his capture, he's handed to allies in charge of holding the accused (fails) until those charged with determining guilt or innocence (judge and jury) can, if he's found guilty hand him to those (guards) charged with holding the guilty during our retribution/ the punishment we hope will discourage him and other in the future (inprisonment, in our society)

Same results--different motives

All that matters for our purposes is the end result- consent

If they make rules that I disobey I have consented to nothing.

correct

You choose to disobey and risk the consequences of a given course of action- usually some form of aggression on the part of the collective or their representatives of their will.

Youmay choose to ally yourselves with others with the same intent (those who shelter outlaws or a revolutionary army, for instance), thereby entering into a new social contract with those parties

Forum List

Back