Who came out on top in the Tea Party debate?

Who won/scored the best in the Tea Party debate?

• Perry

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Romney

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Bachmann

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Paul

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Santorum

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Cain

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Huntsman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newt

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Romney did well. As did Gingrich, he made some excellent points.....Santorum was better than usual....Bachmann did well, particularly on the HPV issue, and her final answer about what she'll bring to the oval office, and said a copy of the Constitution and Bill of Rights was spot on.......Cain was strong on the business front as usual, but still doesn't show much about his knowledge of Washington.....Huntsman was Ok, but I loved the last question answer about bringing his Harley to the Oval Office. As a Harley man myself, I can definitely appreciate that!.....Perry did OK, but he needs to come out firing......And Paul just needs to go, Period. His blaming the US garbage, ala Obama, is getting old. And watching him get booed when he attempted it towards the end, fully confirmed he's a waste of oxygen in the room.

All in all, good debate. I'm looking forward to the future ones.

Before you give kudos to Bachmann about the HPV issue, you should understand the facts surrounding Perry's HPV mandate.

On February 2, 2007, Perry issued an executive order mandating that Texas girls receive HPV vaccine that protects against some strains of the human papilloma virus, a cause of cervical cancer. The order provided vaccination free of charge to those who were not covered by insurance. The order included an opt-out provision for parents. At the time of the order, Gardasil, a newly approved drug manufactured by Merck was the only FDA approved HPV vaccine.

The move made national headlines, and apparent financial connections between Merck and Perry were reported by news outlets, such as a $6,000 campaign contribution and Merck's hiring of former Perry Chief of Staff Mike Toomey to handle its Texas lobbying work and Perry's "current chief of staff's mother-in-law, Texas Republican state Rep. Dianne White Delisi [as] state director for Women in Government."

Perry's decision has been criticized by some social conservatives and parents due to concerns about possible moral implications of the vaccine and safety concerns. On February 22, 2007, a group of families sued in an attempt to block Perry's executive order. Perry's order has also been criticized for the price of the vaccine: approximately $360 in Texas.

On May 9, 2007, Perry allowed a bill to go into law that would undo his executive order.

This was a big deal to me, as I have three daughters. This and his lack of will on the border.
Other than that, I think he is a good candidate.

I was disappointed in Bauchman for taking a shot and him saying he was bought off.

Yeah right, for $5,000....? Give me a break!

Perry was wrong in 2007, and has tried to make it right. (shouldnt have signed it in the 1st place though)

Over all, he is a good governor IMHO.

I have four daughters all were well into their late teens early twenties at the time but the fact is the vaccine was optional.

And I agree he shouldn't have signed the executive order in the first place.

if obama is the best America has then we're all fucked. he is the worst person ever to grace the wh. ever.

hyperbole.png

What took them off the list for you, and put Cain at the top and knocked Romeny down three notches?

Cain moved up to the top because romney, in my blunt opion, acted like a little bitch in the debate. I know that language is a bit, meh, but its the simplest way to describe what I was seeing. I dont like when they go after each other as it is and the way he went about it seemed low rent to me. Just come right out and say what you think instead of telling me about 4 aces, ugh!

Huntsman bothers me, something about his demeanor I dont like. yes its petty and superficial but I just couldn't have him looking at me telling me important presidential things.

Bachman is like a 2 trick pony all she ever does is bring everything back to her "I'll kill obamacare and dodd/frank if you elect me" its the same thing over and over. Yes I agree with both of those positions but when your challenged don't work your way back into saying those things. I haven't heard anything new from her for a while.

Cain has been my man since he first introduced himself, I do admit his comments on muslims/religion have me a bit uneasy but I think I can get over that.

Perry, IMO, was being picked on a bit much last night and I'm the type of person who sides with those I think are being picked on unfairly. He also stood tall for his personal beliefs and values which is HUGE for me. I dont have to agree with all of them, only most of your values, but if you stand firm on the ones we agree with I can overlook the rest. Hell your never going to agree with one person 100% anyway.

I have been a gingrich fan since the 80's....so he stays up on the list for me regardless, plus I like his attitude in the debates and how he is always appearing like he wants to unify everyone while not taking flack from the media.

Did I leave anyone out? Oh santorum....i just dont know. I mean i guess he has a good record but something about him just keeps him at the bottom of the list.

Cain's toast.

Might get a vp slot or cabinet position.

I know this but I still like the guy. His 9 9 9 plan is pretty cool too.

http://www.hermancain.com/images/economicgrowth.pdf

She's got a very real shot at VP if Perry wins this..:lol:

And she'll have every bit as much chance of becoming VP as Palin did. ZERO.

In the general? Sure.

But a Perry nomination would mean that the GOP is betting on the Tea Party. Why not go whole hog?

Hey just because liberals say the GOP is stupid doesn't mean they are :D

You guys know what i'm inferring right ;)

I know sallow and others get it but just in case.......what I'm saiyng is a perry/bachman ticket might actually let obama pull off a miracle and get re-elected.

And she'll have every bit as much chance of becoming VP as Palin did. ZERO.

In the general? Sure.

But a Perry nomination would mean that the GOP is betting on the Tea Party. Why not go whole hog?

Hey just because liberals say the GOP is stupid doesn't mean they are :D

You guys know what i'm inferring right ;)

I know sallow and others get it but just in case.......what I'm saiyng is a perry/bachman ticket might actually let obama pull off a miracle and get re-elected.

Well there are 2 ways for Perry to go. One would be to soften his stance on nearly everything and pick a VP who is more moderate. By the way, while Rubio is attractive to Hispanic voters..he isn't all that much more moderate then Perry. But if Perry softens his stances, which it looked like he was doing last night, Democrats will have a field day with the hypocrite/flip flopper meme. That might even turn off the party faithful. They won't vote Obama..but they won't vote..or vote for a "third party" nutter in protest. That might even lose some congressional seats as well.

The second way is to go full in. That will keep the base happy win or lose..and help them in the congress.

Pretty interesting.

Cain moved up to the top because romney, in my blunt opion, acted like a little bitch in the debate. I know that language is a bit, meh, but its the simplest way to describe what I was seeing. I dont like when they go after each other as it is and the way he went about it seemed low rent to me. Just come right out and say what you think instead of telling me about 4 aces, ugh!

Huntsman bothers me, something about his demeanor I dont like. yes its petty and superficial but I just couldn't have him looking at me telling me important presidential things.

Bachman is like a 2 trick pony all she ever does is bring everything back to her "I'll kill obamacare and dodd/frank if you elect me" its the same thing over and over. Yes I agree with both of those positions but when your challenged don't work your way back into saying those things. I haven't heard anything new from her for a while.

Cain has been my man since he first introduced himself, I do admit his comments on muslims/religion have me a bit uneasy but I think I can get over that.

Perry, IMO, was being picked on a bit much last night and I'm the type of person who sides with those I think are being picked on unfairly. He also stood tall for his personal beliefs and values which is HUGE for me. I dont have to agree with all of them, only most of your values, but if you stand firm on the ones we agree with I can overlook the rest. Hell your never going to agree with one person 100% anyway.

I have been a gingrich fan since the 80's....so he stays up on the list for me regardless, plus I like his attitude in the debates and how he is always appearing like he wants to unify everyone while not taking flack from the media.

Did I leave anyone out? Oh santorum....i just dont know. I mean i guess he has a good record but something about him just keeps him at the bottom of the list.

Cain's toast.

It reminded me of this guy..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtjdHaMeiiQ]1986 Earl Scheib commercial - YouTube[/ame]

:razz:

:lol:

Cain's toast.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtjdHaMeiiQ]1986 Earl Scheib commercial - YouTube[/ame]

:lol: Most politicians remind me of this guy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAFdslWpHK4]hilarious car salesman! - YouTube[/ame]

Cain's toast.

You equate Herman Cain with Earl Scheib......... that says a lot about you. You and others like you claim you dislike politicians and yet you have already said you are voting for a consummate politician, your eyes aren't open to any other choices.
Your guy majored in Political Science before sliding through the ultra liberal Harvard faculty who gave him a law degree....... affirmative action all the way. His acceptance speech at the Democrat convention was set to take place in the convention center, he decided to spend 5 million dollars of other peoples money to put on that ridiculous show in Mile High Stadium, something only a narcissistic politician would do. Your guy has been doubted about by over 50 % of this country since he showed up, we don't know much about him at all except the crap that was released in his two books about himself.

Herman Cain is what all, who claim to hate politicians, have been looking for. He majored in Mathematics and went on to get his Masters in Computer Science. His whole career to this point has been full of leadership positions and he has been extraordinarily successful at it. Not being a true politician, he speaks differently, he's criticized for that. He has been promoted to his different leadership positions because of his hard work and accomplishments, he hasn't been elected to a position by people voting in a popularity contest, so people use that as a reason to not take him seriously.

The people of this country and the total lack of interest they show for electing qualified people to the leadership roles in our government, deserve the jerks they end up with. They are responsible for the used car salesman type of candidate because that is what they vote for. Ron Paul could be the greatest candidate ever and yet, the American public would never elect him, his age and the pathetic fit of his suit disqualifies him in most people's eyes. The fact that Kennedy and Byrd were in office their entire lives proves it.

If Earl Sheib is like anyone, it would be Barak H. Obama. He promises something he can't produce and then blames others when he can't do t.

As I said, all you people can sit here, call RP names all you like but as of today every person on that stage is MOSTLY moved in his direction and you can see it in their talking points... In fact as of today each candidate is more like RP than they are not. Hell, Newt is coming off as very likeable and he and Cain are prolly the 2 closets to RP on almost all issues.
The man came out a day after the anniversary, and played his pussy ass blame the US game, ala Obama.......He blew his campaign out of the water.

Not to mention, once again he showed serious confusion when asked the healthcare question.

The man is not playing with a full deck....In three debates now, he's thoroughly stepped on his dick......In the first, he was asked about abortion, and somehow ended up talking about national defense.. And lets not forget the most compelling reason as to why he should never be anywhere near the oval office, he believes Iran deserves nukes, no problem......In the second, he was asked about FEMA, and started going into one of his nonsense laden ramblings about removing air conditioners from Afghanistan....Last night, he couldn't clearly answer the question on healthcre, and looked seriously confused. It was almost as if he just pulled an answer out of his ass and tried to run with it.

Look, I admire the Paullette's and their passion......But it has come to the point that they need to realize the man is a few fries short of a Happy Meal, and should NEVER run this country.....Seriously, with the way he continually steps on his dick during debates, can you imagine the damage he could do when sitting down and holding serious talks with world leaders?

Bachmann's always been a two-trick pony. I can't wait for her to be off the table.
WTF do you care?

We all know you're one of the many ignorant Obamabots who will follow Obama's inept ass straight over the fucking cliff.

One thing about you Obamabots, you're not exactly the brightest lights on the ol' Xmas tree o' life.:cuckoo:

As I said, all you people can sit here, call RP names all you like but as of today every person on that stage is MOSTLY moved in his direction and you can see it in their talking points... In fact as of today each candidate is more like RP than they are not. Hell, Newt is coming off as very likeable and he and Cain are prolly the 2 closets to RP on almost all issues.
The man came out a day after the anniversary, and played his pussy ass blame the US game, ala Obama.......He blew his campaign out of the water.

Not to mention, once again he showed serious confusion when asked the healthcare question.

The man is not playing with a full deck....In three debates now, he's thoroughly stepped on his dick......In the first, he was asked about abortion, and somehow ended up talking about national defense.. And lets not forget the most compelling reason as to why he should never be anywhere near the oval office, he believes Iran deserves nukes, no problem......In the second, he was asked about FEMA, and started going into one of his nonsense laden ramblings about removing air conditioners from Afghanistan....Last night, he couldn't clearly answer the question on healthcre, and looked seriously confused. It was almost as if he just pulled an answer out of his ass and tried to run with it.

Look, I admire the Paullette's and their passion......But it has come to the point that they need to realize the man is a few fries short of a Happy Meal, and should NEVER run this country.....Seriously, with the way he continually steps on his dick during debates, can you imagine the damage he could do when sitting down and holding serious talks with world leaders?

I agree, Paul will say a few things one could agree with then he goes to lala land........ he is 76 and should definitely be in a less stressful position than President of the United States. Being a doctor, he could maybe stir up the Department of Health and Human Services as Secretary for a few years but he would be 81 at the end of the term.

Forum List

Back