Who came out on top in the Tea Party debate?

Who won/scored the best in the Tea Party debate?

• Perry

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Romney

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Bachmann

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Paul

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Santorum

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Cain

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Huntsman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newt

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
Ron Paul did very well, in fact while most people get booed RP only got it once I think and he also got a huge positive reaction almost every other time.

The winner to me was Newt because he is at the bottom and yet comes off as a second tier or first tier candidate.

Huntsman/Perry/Santorum lost big as they all say things people can like but they just are not likable.

Ron Paul did very well, in fact while most people get booed RP only got it once I think and he also got a huge positive reaction almost every other time.

The winner to me was Newt because he is at the bottom and yet comes off as a second tier or first tier candidate.

Huntsman/Perry/Santorum lost big as they all say things people can like but they just are not likable.

I disagree.... for independents - and like it or not, we independents carry the voting majority, on either side... to us... Paul killed his own campaign.

Ron Paul cannot win the election. It will not happen. If he's the nominee, you might as well hand the country to the far left. Is that what you want?

Romney did well. As did Gingrich, he made some excellent points.....Santorum was better than usual....Bachmann did well, particularly on the HPV issue, and her final answer about what she'll bring to the oval office, and said a copy of the Constitution and Bill of Rights was spot on.......Cain was strong on the business front as usual, but still doesn't show much about his knowledge of Washington.....Huntsman was Ok, but I loved the last question answer about bringing his Harley to the Oval Office. As a Harley man myself, I can definitely appreciate that!.....Perry did OK, but he needs to come out firing......And Paul just needs to go, Period. His blaming the US garbage, ala Obama, is getting old. And watching him get booed when he attempted it towards the end, fully confirmed he's a waste of oxygen in the room.

All in all, good debate. I'm looking forward to the future ones.

Before you give kudos to Bachmann about the HPV issue, you should understand the facts surrounding Perry's HPV mandate.

On February 2, 2007, Perry issued an executive order mandating that Texas girls receive HPV vaccine that protects against some strains of the human papilloma virus, a cause of cervical cancer. The order provided vaccination free of charge to those who were not covered by insurance. The order included an opt-out provision for parents. At the time of the order, Gardasil, a newly approved drug manufactured by Merck was the only FDA approved HPV vaccine.

The move made national headlines, and apparent financial connections between Merck and Perry were reported by news outlets, such as a $6,000 campaign contribution and Merck's hiring of former Perry Chief of Staff Mike Toomey to handle its Texas lobbying work and Perry's "current chief of staff's mother-in-law, Texas Republican state Rep. Dianne White Delisi [as] state director for Women in Government."

Perry's decision has been criticized by some social conservatives and parents due to concerns about possible moral implications of the vaccine and safety concerns. On February 22, 2007, a group of families sued in an attempt to block Perry's executive order. Perry's order has also been criticized for the price of the vaccine: approximately $360 in Texas.

On May 9, 2007, Perry allowed a bill to go into law that would undo his executive order.

I would have to say that Paul killed his campaign.

Perry did himself some damage.

All the rest held their own.

I still don't see how Paul killed his campaign... Almost ever person on that stage gets booed at some point, why when RP gets a reaction that all the others get does it mean doom?

And in the end the booed him for the wrong reasons but it takes a non Ron Paul hater to be man enough to admit that.

RP will be there until the end so I also really don;t care what people have to say about it.

One more thing, 3 years ago no one talked about and in fact in many cases people (candidates) made fun of RP for talking about:

The Fed - Audit, how many last night said they would do this?
Ending Wars - How many say no Libya, Pakistan and want to take a look at Iraq/Afghanistan?
The dollar - Now it's important to tie the dollar to something
SS/MC/MC - Now all of a sudden these programs can and are failing!
LOL, the Constitution - Now policy must fit to the context the constitution has set
The economy - Now the economy is trashed, as RP predicted and for the reasons he predicted
Shrink Government massively (end lots of programs) The DOE, FEMA and so many others is now not "crazy" to talk about ending, lol.
Deficits - Matter and actually are talked about
Balance the budget - Now spending need to be talked about

In fact 3 years ago the talking pointer were pretty much

I'm super pro life
I'm super pro war
I'm want lower taxes
And this is why I flip flopped
I like really believe in God!

And this is how we got McCain

This is why I lol at all you children that call Ron Paul names, almost every talking point he had 3 years ago has been adopted and is considered one of the main issues in today’s debates.

Last edited:
I gave Newt my vote. He probably wont gain much traction but IMO he is by far to most informed debater on the stage. I like that he is a straight talker who doesnt take shit

I still don't see how Paul killed his campaign... Almost ever person on that stage gets booed at some point, why when RP gets a reaction that all the others get does it mean doom?

And in the end the booed him for the wrong reasons but it takes a non Ron Paul hater to be man enough to admit that.

RP will be there until the end so I also really don;t care what people have to say about it.

One more thing, 3 years ago no one talked about:

The Fed
Ending Wars
The dollar
SS/MC/MC
LOL, the Constitution
The economy
Shrink Government massively (end lots of programs)
Deficits
Balance the budget

I'm super pro life
I'm super pro war
I'm want lower taxes

This is why I lol at all you children that call Ron Paul names, almost every talking point he had 3 years ago has been adopted and is considered one of the main issues in today’s debates.

This time "4" years ago our economy wasnt yet in the shitter so of course those issues you speak of werent hot topics.

Do Romney and Perry dislike each other? Would they share a ticket doyathink?

I disagree.... for independents - and like it or not, we independents carry the voting majority, on either side... to us... Paul killed his own campaign.

Ron Paul cannot win the election. It will not happen. If he's the nominee, you might as well hand the country to the far left. Is that what you want?

Speaking as an independent: getting booed at a GOP debate is *not* the worst thing in the world. Ron Paul's message of end the wars plays very well to independents, who want less gov't and less debt, and know that a lot of gov't is concentrated to servicing the military-industrial complex.

As for Ron Paul being unable to win the election, sorry, your gut feeling does not reflect the reality.

Gallup: Obama in Close Race Against Romney, Perry, Bachmann, Paul

Obama only gets 43% of votes from Independents when vs Ron Paul. Obama fares much better with Independents vs the others (44% - 48%).

I dont think that would fly Willow. Neither of them are true conservitives so the vp slot will probable go elsewhere. Rubio, Christy, Santorum etc....

Just my opinion of course

The Fed
Ending Wars
The dollar
SS/MC/MC
LOL, the Constitution
The economy
Deficits
Balance the budget

I'm super pro life
I'm super pro war
I'm want lower taxes

This time "4" years ago our economy wasnt yet in the shitter so of course those issues you speak of werent hot topics.

Yup, and the guy you thinbk is bat shit crazy told us it would happen and why it would happen... But you were prolly still calling him a loon. Grats.

Speaking as an independent: getting booed at a GOP debate is *not* the worst thing in the world. Ron Paul's message of end the wars plays very well to independents, who want less gov't and less debt, and know that a lot of gov't is concentrated to servicing the military-industrial complex.

As for Ron Paul being unable to win the election, sorry, your gut feeling does not reflect the reality.

Obama only gets 43% of votes from Independents when vs Ron Paul. Obama fares much better with Independents vs the others (44% - 48%).

RP pulls possibly the biggest Indy vote of all the Republicans because he wants to pull out of the wars...

RP pulls possibly the biggest Indy vote of all the Republicans because he wants to pull out of the wars...

In most states registered independents don't get to vote in GOP primaries so suck it in Ron Paul NEVER GETS THAT NOMINATION.

As I said, all you people can sit here, call RP names all you like but as of today every person on that stage is MOSTLY moved in his direction and you can see it in their talking points... In fact as of today each candidate is more like RP than they are not. Hell, Newt is coming off as very likeable and he and Cain are prolly the 2 closets to RP on almost all issues.

The Fed
Ending Wars
The dollar
SS/MC/MC
LOL, the Constitution
The economy
Deficits
Balance the budget

I'm super pro life
I'm super pro war
I'm want lower taxes

Yup, and the guy you thinbk is bat shit crazy told us it would happen and why it would happen... But you were prolly still calling him a loon. Grats.

What is your facination with puttin words in my mouth?

I dare you to find me saying Paul is "bat shit crazy" or a "loon" or saying he is "wrong" about why we were attacked. Find it and post it here. Your acting like an obsessed fanatic. Its quite alright that I simply dont like him and think he is out of touch.

put up or shut up

Romney did well. As did Gingrich, he made some excellent points.....Santorum was better than usual....Bachmann did well, particularly on the HPV issue, and her final answer about what she'll bring to the oval office, and said a copy of the Constitution and Bill of Rights was spot on.......Cain was strong on the business front as usual, but still doesn't show much about his knowledge of Washington.....Huntsman was Ok, but I loved the last question answer about bringing his Harley to the Oval Office. As a Harley man myself, I can definitely appreciate that!.....Perry did OK, but he needs to come out firing......And Paul just needs to go, Period. His blaming the US garbage, ala Obama, is getting old. And watching him get booed when he attempted it towards the end, fully confirmed he's a waste of oxygen in the room.

All in all, good debate. I'm looking forward to the future ones.

Before you give kudos to Bachmann about the HPV issue, you should understand the facts surrounding Perry's HPV mandate.

On February 2, 2007, Perry issued an executive order mandating that Texas girls receive HPV vaccine that protects against some strains of the human papilloma virus, a cause of cervical cancer. The order provided vaccination free of charge to those who were not covered by insurance. The order included an opt-out provision for parents. At the time of the order, Gardasil, a newly approved drug manufactured by Merck was the only FDA approved HPV vaccine.

The move made national headlines, and apparent financial connections between Merck and Perry were reported by news outlets, such as a $6,000 campaign contribution and Merck's hiring of former Perry Chief of Staff Mike Toomey to handle its Texas lobbying work and Perry's "current chief of staff's mother-in-law, Texas Republican state Rep. Dianne White Delisi [as] state director for Women in Government."

Perry's decision has been criticized by some social conservatives and parents due to concerns about possible moral implications of the vaccine and safety concerns. On February 22, 2007, a group of families sued in an attempt to block Perry's executive order. Perry's order has also been criticized for the price of the vaccine: approximately $360 in Texas.

On May 9, 2007, Perry allowed a bill to go into law that would undo his executive order.

This was a big deal to me, as I have three daughters. This and his lack of will on the border.
Other than that, I think he is a good candidate.

I was disappointed in Bauchman for taking a shot and him saying he was bought off.

Yeah right, for $5,000....? Give me a break!

Perry was wrong in 2007, and has tried to make it right. (shouldnt have signed it in the 1st place though)

Over all, he is a good governor IMHO.

In most states registered independents don't get to vote in GOP primaries so suck it in Ron Paul NEVER GETS THAT NOMINATION.

Thanks, Willow. I needed the reminder to change my registration from Democrat to Republican so I could vote in the primaries.

Being that 3 years later everyone sounds like RP I'll get him no matter what, so suck that fool.

Forum List

Back