CDZ Who came out better after Comey testimony

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
Lots of brawling going on over it. I went looking for transcripts so I can read all of it and get a better opinion. I feel like upfront Trump took a good political hit, but in the long run I think it hurts Comey more. New York Times, Washington post, politico has full transcripts. I'll post them but they are looooong. Also, all of Comeys testimony going back to the Hillary investigation are there to.

Honestly, I don't think anyone came out smelling like a rose, but I didn't think of his testimony as being a win/lose battle to begin with.
I'm glad Comey told his side of the story after Trump's unprofessional "dissing" of the man. I'm puzzled how Trump supporters are not believing half of Comey's testimony but absolutely believing Comey's statement that he did indeed reassure Trump three times that he was not personally under investigation at that time. It would seem sensible that if Comey told the truth about things that made the President look good, why question that he was telling the truth about the things that made the President look bad?

From the transcript

Marco Rubio
>> BUT HIS SPECIFIC ASK WAS THAT YOU WOULD TELL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WHAT YOU HAD ALREADY TOLD HIM, WHAT YOU HAD ALREADY TOLD THE LEADERS OF CONGRESS, BOTH DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS, THAT HE WAS NOT PERSONALLYUNDER INVESTIGATION.

Show Less Text
01:00:33
height.69.no_border.width.69.jpg
James B. Comey Jr.
>> YES, SIR.

Honestly, I don't think anyone came out smelling like a rose,t

but I didn't think of his testimony as being a win/lose battle to begin with.
I'm glad Comey told his side of the story after Trump's unprofessional "dissing" of the man. I'm puzzled how Trump supporters are not believing half of Comey's testimony but absolutely believing Comey's statement that he did indeed reassure Trump three times that he was not personally under investigation at that time. It would seem sensible that if Comey told the truth about things that made the President look good, why question that he was telling the truth about the things that made the President look bad?

From the transcript

Marco Rubio
>> BUT HIS SPECIFIC ASK WAS THAT YOU WOULD TELL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WHAT YOU HAD ALREADY TOLD HIM, WHAT YOU HAD ALREADY TOLD THE LEADERS OF CONGRESS, BOTH DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS, THAT HE WAS NOT PERSONALLYUNDER INVESTIGATION.

Show Less Text
01:00:33
height.69.no_border.width.69.jpg
James B. Comey Jr.
>> YES, SIR.

Honestly, I don't think anyone came out smelling like a rose,t

but I didn't think of his testimony as being a win/lose battle to begin with.
Okay. What's your point? That he wouldn't announce it? Did he make the announcement about who else is being investigated? I'm asking--I really don't know.

Even if one is a dyed in the wool RWNJ, the fact is we all know that if trump's lips are moving he's lying. We also know he has a lifetime of criminal and corrupt behavior behind him.

OTOH, we have no reason to think Comey is less than honest and truthful.

Whistle blowers like Comey are always demonized by those who get outted so of course, the trumpkins will lie about him.

Honestly, I don't think anyone came out smelling like a rose, but I didn't think of his testimony as being a win/lose battle to begin with.
I understand what you are saying and agree with you. But there is an underlying issue that permeates Most of Comey's actions, even when they appear to support Trump..

When Comey told Trump he was not under investigation, that was not his information to give. That was FBI information and it isn't to be passed on even to the president.

When Comey felt the conversation was threatening his job or when Trump wanted "loyalty" he should have asked if he would explain further what he was getting at. Don't assume/ None of this business, " was Stunned so I didn;t say anything or "I didn't know what to say" Or tell Trump if you have a request for me me please put it in writing. If there was something nefarious, that would put an end to it.

The reason, as demonstrated by the Deputy Attorney General, for terminating Comey is outlined in the Letter from Rosenstein giving the conclusions of many former Justice officials, back to President Clinton. Comey was making himself Prosecutor, Judge, and Jury insteads of keeping his place as the premier investigator for our nation.

Then the leaks did not help. It's a good bamble that were not just his notes to give to a reporter in a "Leaking fashion." They were memos that could be the basis of an investigation into Trump. I'd say Comey should be regretting his course of action from the last year until this past week.

Even if one is a dyed in the wool RWNJ, the fact is we all know that if trump's lips are moving he's lying. We also know he has a lifetime of criminal and corrupt behavior behind him.

Whistle blowers like Comey are always demonized by those who get outted so of course, the trumpkins will lie about him.
You are not very analytical, just a sheep for the Democrats. Be you thought Comey was hones and truthful and a good two shoes when he announced an investigation into Hillary just before the election. Can't have it bothe way. It's never all white or all black.

Lots of brawling going on over it. I went looking for transcripts so I can read all of it and get a better opinion. I feel like upfront Trump took a good political hit, but in the long run I think it hurts Comey more. New York Times, Washington post, politico has full transcripts. I'll post them but they are looooong. Also, all of Comeys testimony going back to the Hillary investigation are there to.
comey graveyard.jpg

You are not very analytical, just a sheep for the Democrats. Be you thought Comey was hones and truthful and a good two shoes when he announced an investigation into Hillary just before the election. Can't have it bothe way. It's never all white or all black.
comic demos.jpg

Forum List

Back