Who calls Rush a GOP 'icon' more?

Who calls Rush Limbaugh a GOP 'Icon' or the 'Head of the GOP more?

• Total voters
If you want an example of Liberals treating Rush as the leader of the Conservative movement, you can simply link to Media Matters and be done with it.

The problem is that the GOP makes it so damn easy to use Rush against them. Rush is a performer, and says stuff to sell advertising. The advertisers are the folks that forced him to apologize this weekend. Of course he's going to say bombastic things if it'll get him more attention.

However, the GOP enables him by ACTIVELY courting Limbaugh's blessing every 4 years. If they'd ignore him, like they do Savage or Coulter or Beck, then what Rush says wouldn't be so big an issue in the actual election.

The GOP is setting up Hannity for a similar position. Hannity is every bit bombastic as Rush, and the GOP actively seeks his approval when the elections roll around. Once Rush is retired or off the air, it'll be Hannity that the Left trots out to embarrass the Right.
The truth is the Left doesn't need Rush to embarrass the Right. Not Rush nor Hannity nor Coulter (despite the fact that these bon vivants are plenty embarrassing on their own).

Nope! There is no need for a proxy when it comes time for the embarrassment of the Conservatives in America today. They seem to be doing fine all by themselves.

But so far as Rush is concerned, all one has to do is listen to his program and read the fawning words of his sycophants here on USMB to get a handle on the Limbaugh effect on far right politics. Within minutes of Limbaugh's pronouncement that women who seek contraceptive devices are, indeed sluts, the very same words were blossoming like mushrooms from this load of horseshit.

The Big Voice on the Right is how Limbaugh bills himself. A sounding brass for imbeciles and the unlearned is what he actually is.
Caller: Rush is My Spokesman
July 7, 2010
CALLER: Hey, Rush! I am so excited to be talking to you. I wanted to say the comment earlier made by one of the media people about why are we even listening to Rush Limbaugh who is not an elected official anyway. That's what my comment is about. What I would like to say is after writing my representatives, after calling their offices, after yelling and screaming and them voting total opposite of what I wanted them to vote anyway, I'm glad that you're my conservative mouthpiece, because they hear you. They're not listening to me. They're not listening to what I want or what I think is best for my family or my conservative views. So if you're my conservative mouthpiece, and that's how they see it, then I'm proud of it.

RUSH: Thank you so much. You have made my day.

The truth is the Left doesn't need Rush to embarrass the Right. Not Rush nor Hannity nor Coulter (despite the fact that these bon vivants are plenty embarrassing on their own).

Nope! There is no need for a proxy when it comes time for the embarrassment of the Conservatives in America today. They seem to be doing fine all by themselves.

But so far as Rush is concerned, all one has to do is listen to his program and read the fawning words of his sycophants here on USMB to get a handle on the Limbaugh effect on far right politics. Within minutes of Limbaugh's pronouncement that women who seek contraceptive devices are, indeed sluts, the very same words were blossoming like mushrooms from this load of horseshit.

The Big Voice on the Right is how Limbaugh bills himself. A sounding brass for imbeciles and the unlearned is what he actually is.

Embarrass the right??

How do republicans embarrass themselves?

You mean like how democrats in North Carolina nominated Alvin fucking Greene???

You want to see embarrassing - take a look at the democrat party.
Bob Morris, Indiana Lawmaker, Calls Girl Scouts A 'Radicalized Organization' (VIDEO) Oops! Oh, and while we're talking Oops, how's Rick Perry doing today? He must make you proud!

But as proud as Sarah Palin or Christine "I'm not a witch" O'Donnell?

Are you such a devoted partisan that you honestly are never embarrassed by any of the nonsensical statements of the far right wing of whatever is left of the Republican Party?

The Girl Scouts are a radical organization, the organization is extremely progressive - hence they're radical. It's not exactly a neutral, or bi-partisan organization.

Not to mention - O'Donnell was accused by the left of being a witch, only because when she was a KID - A FUCKING KID - dabbled in witch craft....

Oh lets not forget when she owned a bunch of idiot progressive lawyers when she asked them to point out where "separation of church and state" is in the Bill of Rights.. Of course the idiots laughed at her....

You see - the problem with progressives is the FACT they believe what they believe is FACT without any precedence or evidence to support their lies.

"Separation of church and state" is a fantastic example of my assertion - those words don't exist in the Bill of Rights yet you try to pass them off as if they do.

Last edited:
Limbaugh, like Stewart, Maher and a bunch of others is an entertainer.

Anyone who takes anything any one of the above says as gospel is an idiot.

Limbaugh no more leads the GOP than the man on the moon.

Jeeze. Talk about dumb.

Here's a few of instances where board members seem to feel the opposite. No trolls, all conservative members with REP.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media...e-head-years-ago-regarding-liberal-loons.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...dia/70847-limbaugh-dares-obama-debate-me.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/media/70847-limbaugh-dares-obama-debate-me.html

expressing agreement with a particular issue means someone supports that person as their leader, or is their icon?

Apparantly thats how his world rolls.

What a dummy.

Embarrass the right??

How do republicans embarrass themselves?

You mean like how democrats in North Carolina nominated Alvin fucking Greene???

You want to see embarrassing - take a look at the democrat party.
Bob Morris, Indiana Lawmaker, Calls Girl Scouts A 'Radicalized Organization' (VIDEO) Oops! Oh, and while we're talking Oops, how's Rick Perry doing today? He must make you proud!

But as proud as Sarah Palin or Christine "I'm not a witch" O'Donnell?

Are you such a devoted partisan that you honestly are never embarrassed by any of the nonsensical statements of the far right wing of whatever is left of the Republican Party?

The Girl Scouts are a radical organization, the organization is extremely progressive - hence they're radical. It's not exactly a neutral, or bi-partisan organization.

Not to mention - O'Donnell was accused by the left of being a witch, only because when she was a KID - A FUCKING KID - dabbled in witch craft....

Oh lets not forget when she owned a bunch of idiot progressive lawyers when she asked them to point out where "separation of church and state" is in the Bill of Rights.. Of course the idiots laughed at her....

You see - the problem with progressives is the FACT they believe what they believe is FACT without any precedence or evidence to support their lies.

"Separation of church and state" is a fantastic example of my assertion - those words don't exist in the Bill of Rights yet you try to pass them off as if they do.

You're right. The Republicans don't need Rush as a source of embarrassment. They have partisans.

But there are plenty of elected Republicans who consistently embarass the party and the ideology. Mark Foley, Tom DeLay, Newt Gingerich, the late Ted Stevens, George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Joe Wilson...........

All the Republicans I know claim they never pay attention to Rush and I gave them the benefit of the doubt until this Sandra Fluke deal. All of a sudden, however, they were all repeating the SAME erroneous story about how she was asking for a birth control handout, plus all the slut/prostitute/videotape garbage and it became clear that there was a strong aroma of mendacity in the air. Am I to believe they all simultaneously adopted the same erroneous story about this woman who made no claims about using birth control or being sexually active in her testimony (read the transcript)? Now I know they do listen to him and it explains a whole lot ........

All the Republicans I know claim they never pay attention to Rush and I gave them the benefit of the doubt until this Sandra Fluke deal. All of a sudden, however, they were all repeating the SAME erroneous story about how she was asking for a birth control handout, plus all the slut/prostitute/videotape garbage and it became clear that there was a strong aroma of mendacity in the air. Am I to believe they all simultaneously adopted the same erroneous story about this woman who made no claims about using birth control or being sexually active in her testimony (read the transcript)? Now I know they do listen to him and it explains a whole lot ........

doesn't really address the thread topic now, does it.

And where is Mr. Steele now?

EDIT:

Oh, and from your own link...

Limbaugh said: “I'm not in charge of the Republican Party, and I don't want to be. I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in the sad-sack state that it's in. If I were chairman of the Republican Party, given the state that it's in, I would quit. I might get out the hari-kari knife because I would have presided over a failure that is embarrassing to the Republicans and conservatives who have supported it and invested in it all these years.”

It is hara kiri.

If Limbaugh has no power and influence over the GOP,

why are Republicans, such as the candidates, pussying out when it comes to condemning his recent odious behaviour?

EDIT:

Limbaugh said: “I'm not in charge of the Republican Party, and I don't want to be. I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in the sad-sack state that it's in. If I were chairman of the Republican Party, given the state that it's in, I would quit. I might get out the hari-kari knife because I would have presided over a failure that is embarrassing to the Republicans and conservatives who have supported it and invested in it all these years.”

See what happens when you ask for proof...You get it then deny the proof you asked for.

Oh yeah, the OP is full of it when he says one group says something more than another. Nothing that anyone provides will change preconceived thoughts. So it was trap from the start

Has anything changed since this fiasco?:

Steele to Rush: I'm sorry - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com
Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has reached out to Rush Limbaugh to tell him he meant no offense when he referred to the popular conservative radio host as an “entertainer” whose show can be “incendiary.”

“My intent was not to go after Rush – I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh,” Steele said in a telephone interview. “I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. … There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership.”

doesn't really address the thread topic now, does it.
Rush is a highly skilled advertiser; known by many, more so than the political beliefs and actions of ANY of the candidates. Plus, HE'S SIMPLE.

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has reached out to Rush Limbaugh to tell him he meant no offense when he referred to the popular conservative radio host as an “entertainer” whose show can be “incendiary.”

“My intent was not to go after Rush – I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh,” Steele said in a telephone interview. “I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. … There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership.”

and where is Steele now???

EDIT:

See what happens when you ask for proof...You get it then deny the proof you asked for.

Oh yeah, the OP is full of it when he says one group says something more than another. Nothing that anyone provides will change preconceived thoughts. So it was trap from the start

you're not very bright... are you.

and where is Steele now???
Ousted by the LEADERSHIP? NOTE WINK: ; )

If Limbaugh has no power and influence over the GOP,

why are Republicans, such as the candidates, pussying out when it comes to condemning his recent odious behaviour?

Maybe like me, they don't really give a shit what he has to say? Maybe they have more important issues to worry about than 'did you hear what Rush said today?'...

EDIT:

you're not very bright... are you.

And trying to divert from the point doesnt work either. :cool:

Simple question folks... who calls Rush Limbaugh a GOP 'icon' or the 'Head' of the GOP more?

Liberals, or Conservatives.

EDIT:

OH, and if you vote, please post some examples of your choice.

I voted LIBERALS, and here's my example.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/211462-how-limbaugh-eclipsed-gop-contest-republican-icons-comments-could-benefit-democrats.html#post4910974

I have been laughing at the butt hurt displayed by the left.

I dont listen to Rush or hannity etc etc etc.

Now, the carpet installer I use listens to him which usually isnt a problem, but I did tell him that if anyone else was in the house when he is there he has to listen to someone else, that his program just upsets people to include me.:lol:

So much for the lefts usual Bull Shit.

Well, I think that Rush Limbaugh is probably the most "listened" too talk show political program. BUT--he in no way reflects what I think as a fiscal conservative.

Probably not anymore after his comments of last week--:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back