Who called TEA Party people the fringe? Whoops

Goldwater would of been kicked out of his party for being "too Liberal" today.
Maybe....just like Lieberman was kicked out of his party.
Zel Miller said that his party had left him. I guess it happens to all parties.

lieberman and miller were NEVER representative of the majority of democrats.

nixon WAS representative of repubs....

I'm afraid I don't agree with your analogy.

A vice presidential pick? That is a surprise to me. Miller was an old school democrat, who once was mainstream.
Still they both were pretty much ran out of their party...that's the bottom line.

Except Joe wasn't kicked out. He lost in a fair election to the antiwar candidate. Joe left the party if anything, not vice versa.

Except Joe wasn't kicked out. He lost in a fair election to the antiwar candidate. Joe left the party if anything, not vice versa.

It was his antiwar stance, yeah. But it wasn't the election that did him in, it was where the democrats were placing the party's money...that was the writing on the wall.

Damn, Zell is great: "Time after time in our history, in the face of great danger, Democrats and Republicans worked together to ensure that freedom would not falter. But not today. Motivated more by partisan politics than by national security, today's Democratic leaders see America as an occupier, not a liberator. Nothing makes this Marine madder than someone calling American troops occupiers rather than liberators."

Last edited:
i'm sure max klebold will be pleased to hear that....

what are you fighting now?

you don't even know.

to get rid of your ass of course

because you fought for a tyranny where only the right wing loons get to have opinions, right, freak?

for someone who claims to have fought for democracy, you seem to be one of the most anti-american people i've ever seen.

we don't fight for shitbags like you

didn't the last polls say that only 20% of voters identify as republicans?

so what are we talking about 70% of the 20%?

Pretty much. Unsurprisingly, the same number of Republicans who hold a favorable view of Palin as well.

anti-intellectual, angry, government hating....and the rabid religious right.

Yawn.

But the "anti-intellectual, angry" was worth a laugh.

It was his antiwar stance, yeah. But it wasn't the election that did him in, it was where the democrats were placing the party's money...that was the writing on the wall.

If Joe was unpopular enough to lose the primary, then the money really makes no difference.

United States Senate election in Connecticut, 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because Connecticut was believed to be a Democratic stronghold, Connecticut's Senate seat was considered safe to remain as a Democratic seat by political analysts,[17][18] but Lieberman's continued support for conservative and Bush administration policies made him vulnerable to a Democratic primary challenger. Lieberman's critics objected to what they call Lieberman's lack of commitment to the Democratic party;[19] his opposition to affirmative action;[20] his opposition to a Connecticut state law that would require Catholic hospitals to provide emergency contraception to rape victims;[21] his membership in the bipartisan Gang of 14;[22] his support of Florida governor Jeb Bush in the Terri Schiavo case;[23] his initial willingness to compromise on Social Security privatization;[24] his alliances with Republicans;[25] and his attacks on other Democrats.[26][27][2

With his support for all those things, he's lucky he didn't lose by more in the primary.

to get rid of your ass of course

because you fought for a tyranny where only the right wing loons get to have opinions, right, freak?

for someone who claims to have fought for democracy, you seem to be one of the most anti-american people i've ever seen.

who's "we"? you have a mouse in your pocket?

or are you psychotic and think you're more than one person?

cause you sure aren't representative of any military person I've ever known, loser.

cause you sure aren't representative of any military person I've ever known, loser.

we're sure a camp follower like you knew a lot a vets right ???

lieberman and miller were NEVER representative of the majority of democrats.

nixon WAS representative of repubs....

I'm afraid I don't agree with your analogy.

A vice presidential pick? That is a surprise to me. Miller was an old school democrat, who once was mainstream.
Still they both were pretty much ran out of their party...that's the bottom line.

let me re-phrase...he is no longer representative of democrats...hasn't been since they invaded iraq, for absolutely no reason.

nixon was a president...and probably would have been considered one of our greatest but for watergate.

today he would be called a RINO.

Damn, Zell is great: "Time after time in our history, in the face of great danger, Democrats and Republicans worked together to ensure that freedom would not falter. But not today. Motivated more by partisan politics than by national security, today's Democratic leaders see America as an occupier, not a liberator. Nothing makes this Marine madder than someone calling American troops occupiers rather than liberators."

This is worth watching again. Part 2 is also available. Thanks for the reminder!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXSQ5BX6YXg&feature=related[/ame]

we're sure a camp follower like you knew a lot a vets right ???

you mean besides my father and grandfather? father-in-law and uncles? you really are psychotic, aren't you?

If Joe was unpopular enough to lose the primary, then the money really makes no difference.

United States Senate election in Connecticut, 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because Connecticut was believed to be a Democratic stronghold, Connecticut's Senate seat was considered safe to remain as a Democratic seat by political analysts,[17][18] but Lieberman's continued support for conservative and Bush administration policies made him vulnerable to a Democratic primary challenger. Lieberman's critics objected to what they call Lieberman's lack of commitment to the Democratic party;[19] his opposition to affirmative action;[20] his opposition to a Connecticut state law that would require Catholic hospitals to provide emergency contraception to rape victims;[21] his membership in the bipartisan Gang of 14;[22] his support of Florida governor Jeb Bush in the Terri Schiavo case;[23] his initial willingness to compromise on Social Security privatization;[24] his alliances with Republicans;[25] and his attacks on other Democrats.[26][27][2

With his support for all those things, he's lucky he didn't lose by more in the primary.

Yeah, Connecticut a democratic stronghold....and an Independent (ex democrat) comes back and wins his state. He wasn't in poor standing with his constituants, just the democrats.

"It's the soldier who salutes the flag, fights for the flag and is buried under the flag, who gives protesters the freedom to burn that flag."

:clap2:

Yeah, Connecticut a democratic stronghold....and an Independent (ex democrat) comes back and wins his state. He wasn't in poor standing with his constituants, just the democrats.

Joe won because the Republican was such a fuckup. Hell, the guy refused to step down with requests from his own party. Republicans voted for the person who was less of a Democrat, that being Joe.

Joe won because the Republican was such a fuckup. Hell, the guy refused to step down with requests from his own party. Republicans voted for the person who was less of a Democrat, that being Joe.

Dogbert, what I'm trying to get across is that the dems didn't want Joe anymore....that is my point. You can give whatever excuse you want, but they didn't want him.

Forum List

Back