Who Benefitted From Cash for Clunkers?

I thought they had another one in the works that would be cheaper?
All I know is I watched a special on GM right before it all went down, the CEO seemed like a real prick.

of course. they had been doing things the same way for so damned long. bureaucracy rules and will probably continue to.

I just looked at the top 10 and it's no surprise the honda and toyota lines of this supplier are so busy,.
toyota for one provides many american jobs, with factory's and dealerships here.
And if Chevy and Ford knew enough twenty years ago to develope a good economy car with great mileage that kept it's re sale value and would keep on running they would not be hurting so bad.

All true, but where did the money go? Not here ...
Government Motors not doing well ... well

I think the point is we bailed GM out and this clunker thing hasn't done much for them.

Yup, that's the point.

Foolish that we didn't make damned sure that that plan only worked for the purchase of truly American made cars.

But then, when it comes to issues of international trade?

This nation is committing economic suicide, anyway.

interesting comments on pbs..about the carbon units...apparently this program ran 200 to 400 bucks a carbon unit....where as carbon units are traded for 3 to 5 bucks a unit on the open market..the benefits are not outweighting the costs....

i still think the 3 billion would have been better used for R & D instead of clearing inventories. basically we invested in "personal property" which wil be dead and gone in 6 to 10 years....any finance major can tell you the folly of this.

Forum List

Back