Who at the NCAA is being bribed by Ohio State?

Boo-hoo, Go Bucks! :tongue:

tOSU.jpg

On edit:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/12/23/...-5-ga/landing.html?blockID=378840&feedID=3724

Ohio State initially suspended the players for the Sugar Bowl, but the NCAA immediately reinstated the players for the bowl game.

"These are significant penalties based on findings and information provided by the university," Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president of academic and membership affairs, said in a news release.

Lennon said an additional game was tacked on to the typical four-game penalty "because these student-athletes did not immediately disclose the violations when presented with the appropriate rules education."

Seems about right. Do the "crime" ya gotta do the time. Five games is pretty harsh (but fair IMHO)

Last edited:
Five Ohio State Buckeyes, including Terrelle Pryor, must sit out five games in '11 - ESPN

So, apparently as long as you aren't USC and Reggie Bush, you can violate rules and still be eligible for games. Who knew?

Or Scam Newton.

This is unreal...I don't why I am surprised but I am. They have to sit out 5 games..but not until NEXT season?????? You've got to be kidding me! :cuckoo::cuckoo:

My thoughts exactly. They get suspended over tatoos and nothing for Newton. The NCAA is pathetic.

Five Ohio State Buckeyes, including Terrelle Pryor, must sit out five games in '11 - ESPN

So, apparently as long as you aren't USC and Reggie Bush, you can violate rules and still be eligible for games. Who knew?

Or Scam Newton.

This is unreal...I don't why I am surprised but I am. They have to sit out 5 games..but not until NEXT season?????? You've got to be kidding me! :cuckoo::cuckoo:

My thoughts exactly. They get suspended over tatoos and nothing for Newton. The NCAA is pathetic.

Well, it was more than tattoos!

Or Scam Newton.

Well, it was more than tattoos!

Yeah, but there really was no comparison between the two cases. I still think the NCAA is worthless.

Seems about right. Do the "crime" ya gotta do the time. Five games is pretty harsh (but fair IMHO)

Yes, but the violations already occurred. These players are ineligible NOW, not just next year. Furthermore, they can forgo any penalties by entering the draft.

The punishment is fair, the timing of the punishment is fucked.

It doesn't matter. The Buckeyes don't stand a chance against the Hogs.

Forum List

Back