manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
http://f2.compat.personals.yahoo.com/us/compat/gp_test

i am a romantic individualist

The Individualist
Finding your own path
As an Individualist, you stand out as your own person—imaginative, curious, shrewd, and filled with surprises.
You're a free spirit. You've chosen your own path in life and don't do things simply to please other people. You're creative, intelligent, and opinionated. This isn't always a popular combination! Some misinterpret your insight and independence; they may see you as stubborn and eccentric.
It's true you're a natural skeptic and critic. You're often more in tune with what's wrong in a situation than what's right. You've probably gravitated toward jobs and hobbies where you can investigate, analyze, and solve problems. The challenge is being able to turn off that "critical eye." Skepticism and doubt are great tools at work, but they can be destructive in your personal life.
Fortunately, your quirky take on life can be very attractive. In a world of conformists, you're not afraid to stand out. You often say and do the unexpected, which makes you fun and exciting to be around.
Individualists have a knack for innovation. Like pioneers, you have the potential to chart a new course and break new ground in your career and community. Even if the people around you don't always appreciate it, you're a true original.

Romantic
You want and expect it all—a lasting connection with someone on every level—mental, emotional, sexual, and spiritual.
True Romantics like you are pretty rare. You have a good imagination, which allows you to visualize the type of woman you could fall in love with. You can actually see and feel the future happiness the two of you would share. You also have the patience and persistence to search for her.
When you finally meet her, the attraction can be instant and overwhelming. True Romantics believe in destiny, but you're also willing to give fate a push in the right direction. If necessary, you'll even make a total fool of yourself to win her over. Romantics know that falling in love often means falling flat on your face.
Still, if the two of you can connect, you'll have the capacity to experience the type of love most people only dream about. Specifically, your "style" of loving appears to have these common features:
You're looking for a very close, intimate relationship. You want to share every aspect of your life with her and not hold anything back. This means knowing about each other's pasts, including the unflattering parts. Most importantly, though, you should be very open and totally honest about your life now. If you love her, you'll want to know about her hopes and dreams, as well as her fears and insecurities.
You're most likely to fall in love with a woman who is independent by nature. She won't expect to merge her life with yours. Keeping separate friends, for example, will just give you more to talk about when you're together.
Love and sexual infatuation are two very different things from your point of view. If you really love each other, you should be willing to wait a while before having sex. Sexual passion is fun, but the excitement tends to wane over time. Eventually, affection and companionship are as (if not more) important as sex.
Both partners have to decide when they're ready to make a commitment and at what pace. Rushing into a commitment only adds to the pressure of forming a relationship. The two of you have to find the type and level of commitment that makes sense given your feelings and how long you've been together.

Your Personality Type:
The Explorer
Finding your way without a compass

* Like all Explorers, you're driven in life by a restless dissatisfaction and longing for something more. You're not a conformist and have typically chosen the "road less traveled" rather than go the route society dictates.
* You have a spontaneous style, which makes you exciting to be around. You don't like to be boxed into a rigid routine or someone else's rules. Especially during your time off, you'd rather go with the flow than make detailed plans. Some of your best times have been on days when you just wandered around without specific directions. As Explorers go, you're most like Christopher Columbus, who embarked without a map and stumbled on the New World by accident.
# Of course, there are other times when you've forgotten the compass and steered your boat right off the edge of earth! Planning isn't your strong suit—and you don't like to ask for directions either. So you've spent more than your share of life being (or at least feeling) lost. At times, you've also been known to be impulsive. You don't like being worried or uncertain about decisions. It's way too tempting to act now and think later.
# Yet somehow you make this all work for you. You're not wildly ambitious, but you've made your personality work for you in your career. While other people debate about projects and set up committees, you just move ahead. You'd rather just do it and apologize later, than wait and ask for permission.
# Your other great strength is that you're open to change. You don't pretend to be in strict control of your life (and you never try to control other people). If there's a chance to improve your life or make yourself happy, you'll give it a try. Life is a work in progress, and your goal is to keep moving ahead and be open to what life brings you.

Your Love Style:
Spontaneous
Love should be fun and natural; if it's not, you're probably not doing it right.

* To you, love is a natural part of life. It's something to be enjoyed without analyzing it to death. You may love many different types of men during your life— each in a somewhat different way. However, chances are they all will start with great sexual chemistry. You may get close to some of them emotionally too, but not every time. For you, love can be unpredictable that way. At times, you may even fall in love with men you otherwise wouldn't even like!

# More so than any other love style, Spontaneous styles are in touch with the playful side of love. If problems come up, you would rather reinvigorate the love with fun and spontaneity than to "work" through the issues. You're not looking for a lifetime commitment out of every love anyway. Ironically, because you're not possessive about love, you may actually provide an environment where both partners can relax and be themselves and maybe become more attached than they ever intended.
# Your approach to love can change over time. Physical passion may become less crucial and commitment may become more important. However, for now your "style" of loving has these common features:
# You're looking for a very close, intimate relationship. You want to share the most important aspects of your life with him and not feel like you have to hold things back. The past is the past, but you should be open and honest about your life now. If you love him, you'll want to know about his hopes and dreams and try to help make them come true.

# Love means sharing your life completely with someone. His friends and family become your friends and family, and vice versa. Love requires sacrifice, and at times this means giving up parts of your own life so you can share a life together.
# A good sexual connection is also important, but intense sexual passion tends to wane over time. Eventually, affection and companionship are as (if not more) important as good sex.
# True love requires total commitment. Love can grow only in the safety and security that monogamous commitment provides. Relatively early in dating, both partners should know and talk openly about whether the relationship has lasting potential.

Your Biggest Challenge Is:

How do you tolerate uncertainty?

* Explorers don't follow the crowd and do what everyone else is doing. You're a free thinker who believes in making your own judgments and decisions. Of course, when you don't follow the scripts everyone else reads from, you suddenly have a whole lot of work to do. We live in a complex society with tons of information, options, and risks to sort through.
* The pressure of work problems, errands to run, needy friends, relationship conflicts, and so on, can be overwhelming at times. So you probably turn to your two favorite coping approaches—you either avoid the issue entirely, or you rush in and impulsively say or do something to get it out of the way.
* Both strategies stem from having trouble tolerating ambiguity or uncertainty. It's hard to be patient, to put off decisions until you can think objectively, and to stop obsessing over what could go wrong. Yet in Psychology, tolerance of ambiguity is viewed as a quintessential adult skill.

# The only way to improve is to practice. When faced with uncertainty, you have to relax your body and reassure yourself that you can live with it hanging over your head for another day. It's not easy, but Explorers like you are quite capable of changing course in life. Here are some other possible ways to make improvements:

* You hate to be alone. Your challenge is learning the difference between solitude and loneliness. Try scheduling a "date" with yourself. Cook yourself dinner or order take-out and pick out a great movie to watch by yourself. When you spend all your free time with other people, you end up spending your time alone doing chores or dealing with problems. So you have to remind yourself what great company you can be. Agree?
* You're a people pleaser. You can be so focused on keeping other people happy that you forget to take care of your own needs. It sounds cliché, but the only one that can satisfy your need for approval is yourself. Try setting aside some time every day to think about what you've done and be proud of the little things you do that people can't or won't appreciate. Agree?
* You have a workaholic streak. You're constantly taking on new projects at work and home. It's hard for you to say "No." Yet, you have to break the cycle of creating more and more ambitious ways of winning everyone's praise and proving your own worth.

:teeth:

Your Personality Type:
Idealist

Opening the world to new possibilities
As an Idealist, your mission in life is to make the world a better place. You care about big ideas and big issues, but you're also dedicated to the lives of the people around you. In many ways, you're the ideal friend or co-worker. You have great empathy skills. You give sound advice, but more importantly, you know when to just listen. At work, you're a natural facilitator, motivator, and energizer. You have a gift for promoting harmony and cooperation at work. In fact, few things bother you more than conflicts at work

Your Love Style:
Romantic

You want and expect it all—a lasting connection with someone on every level—mental, emotional, sexual, and spiritual.
True Romantics like you are pretty rare. You have a good imagination, which allows you to visualize the type of man you could fall in love with. You can actually see and feel the future happiness the two of you would share. You also have the patience and persistence to search for him. When you finally meet him, the attraction can be instant and overwhelming. True Romantics believe in destiny, but you're also willing to give fate a push in the right direction. If necessary, you'll even make a total fool of yourself to win him over. Romantics know that falling in love often means falling flat on your face.

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

I woke up in a Soho doorway
A policeman knew my name
He said 'You can go sleep at home tonight
If you can get up and walk away'

I staggered back to the underground
And the breeze blew back my hair
I remember throwin' punches around
And preachin' from my chair

chorus:
Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
'Cause I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)

I took the tube back out of town
Back to the Rollin' Pin
I felt a little like a dying clown
With a streak of Rin Tin Tin

I stretched back and I hiccupped
And looked back on my busy day
Eleven hours in the Tin Pan
God, there's got to be another way

Who are you?
Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ...

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

(chorus)

I know there's a place you walked
Where love falls from the trees
My heart is like a broken cup
I only feel right on my knees

I spit out like a sewer hole
Yet still recieve your kiss
How can I measure up to anyone now
After such a love as this?

(chorus)

freeandfun1 said:
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

I woke up in a Soho doorway
A policeman knew my name
He said 'You can go sleep at home tonight
If you can get up and walk away'

I staggered back to the underground
And the breeze blew back my hair
I remember throwin' punches around
And preachin' from my chair

chorus:
Well, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
Tell me, who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)
'Cause I really wanna know (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)

I took the tube back out of town
Back to the Rollin' Pin
I felt a little like a dying clown
With a streak of Rin Tin Tin

I stretched back and I hiccupped
And looked back on my busy day
Eleven hours in the Tin Pan
God, there's got to be another way

Who are you?
Ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ooh wa ...

Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?
Who are you?
Who, who, who, who?

(chorus)

I know there's a place you walked
Where love falls from the trees
My heart is like a broken cup
I only feel right on my knees

I spit out like a sewer hole
Yet still recieve your kiss
How can I measure up to anyone now
After such a love as this?

(chorus)

ok, Start the CSI show !

Your Personality Type:
Champion

Champions like you are natural winners, filled with vitality, confidence, and courage. Of all the personality types, yours is probably the most adaptable. You can survive almost anything! You easily adjust to new situations. After a move or when starting a new job, you make friends easily. You're a hard-worker and great team player. You also cope with stress well, and always seem to bounce back after bad events. In fact, you do more than simply survive; you thrive!

Your Love Style:
Passionate

You have the freedom to love intensely and completely—focusing only on the here and now.

Passionates have a great capacity to love. In fact, you may have several "great loves" in your lifetime. When you connect with someone it's immediate, intense, and on multiple levels—mental,emotional, spiritual, and sexual. You realize that sometimes love can be brief and other times lifelong. So, you try to enjoy love, avoid the urge to control it, and just see where it takes you. Physical chemistry is a key part of the initial spark for you. Although people love to talk about sex, the truth is that most people are afraid of their "wild" side. You aren't. You trust your instincts and know exactly who you find attractive and what turns you on. No matter how nice a man may be, if there's no passion in your first kiss, it's probably not going to work out.

:)

Your Personality Type:
The Idealist

Opening the world to new possibilities
As an Idealist, your mission in life is to make the world a better place. You care about big ideas and big issues, but you're also dedicated to the lives of the people around you.
In many ways, you're the ideal friend or co-worker. You have great empathy skills. You give sound advice, but more importantly, you know when to just listen. At work, you're a natural facilitator, motivator, and mentor. You have a gift for promoting harmony and cooperation at work. In fact, few things bother you more than conflicts at work.
Your hopes and dreams are very important to you, so you take other people's dreams seriously, too. Your friends and family know they can come to you for a booster shot of support and optimism, whether it's for pursuing their dream job or dream man or woman.
Most people have goals and dreams, but you're more likely than most to actually achieve them. You have a clear idea of what you want in life. You anticipate and plan around obstacles, and you're a sharp problem solver. Plus, it's pretty darn hard to discourage you.
Idealists come in many varieties, from the academic to the pragmatic. You stand soundly in the middle. Only you know what you'll do with your gifts. Ultimately, whether you touch the world, your community, or simply your closest friends and family—it's Idealists like you that give us all the inspiration to dream and strive for something more.

True Romantics like you are pretty rare. You have a good imagination, which allows you to visualize the type of woman you could fall in love with. You can actually see and feel the future happiness the two of you would share. You also have the patience and persistence to search for her.
When you finally meet her, the attraction can be instant and overwhelming. True Romantics believe in destiny, but you're also willing to give fate a push in the right direction. If necessary, you'll even make a total fool of yourself to win her over. Romantics know that falling in love often means falling flat on your face.
Still, if the two of you can connect, you'll have the capacity to experience the type of love most people only dream about. Specifically, your "style" of loving appears to have these common features:
You want to share a very close bond with your partner. The past is the past, but you should be open and honest about your life now. If you love her, you'll want to know about her hopes and dreams and to do whatever you can to make them come true.
You're most likely to fall in love with a woman who is independent by nature. She won't expect to merge her life with yours. Keeping separate friends, for example, will just give you more to talk about when you're together.
A good sexual connection is also important, but intense sexual passion tends to wane over time. Eventually, affection and companionship are as (if not more) important as good sex.
Both partners have to decide when they're ready to make a commitment. You have to be sensitive to each other's needs. One shouldn't be kept waiting indefinitely, nor should the other feel rushed. The two of you have to agree on the level of commitment that makes sense given your feelings and how long you've been together.

Your Biggest Challenge Is:
How can you promote harmony and still allow healthy conflict?

Idealists go out of their way to promote harmony at work, in their families, and among their friends. You're a natural peacemaker and take it upon yourself to mediate disputes. And whenever possible, you try to prevent them. On more than one occasion, you've probably asked: "Why can't we all just get along?!"
Yet conflict doesn't have to be destructive—there is such a thing as healthy conflict. Even heated exchanges can be useful as long as both of you play fair.
Part of your challenge is learning to tolerate uncertainty and being disliked. As a creative person, you know that some of your best ideas come after long periods of frustration and feeling "blocked." You may find also that some of your relationships are equally blocked and require "creative conflict" to move forward.
Asking an Idealist and peacemaker to have more conflicts is admittedly ambitious. Still, one of your strengths is that you're always open to new ideas and trying new things. In that spirit, here are some other possible challenges to consider:
You hate to be alone. Your challenge is learning the difference between solitude and loneliness. Try scheduling a "date" with yourself. Cook yourself dinner or order take-out and pick out a great movie to watch by yourself. When you spend all your free time with other people, you end up spending your time alone doing chores or dealing with problems. So you have to remind yourself what great company you can be. Agree?
You're a people pleaser. You can be so focused on keeping other people happy that you forget to take care of your own needs. It sounds cliché, but the only one that can satisfy your need for approval is yourself. Try setting aside some time every day to think about what you've done and be proud of the little things you do that people can't or won't appreciate. Agree?
It's easy for you to escape into your own inner world. At times it can be easier to ignore real world problems and slip into your daydreams. You may find balance by using your fantasy life to imagine ways around your real world obstacles. Perhaps your mind is showing you a path out of your troubles if you can read the symbols

Forum List

Back